Adam and Mooney's Carom Tennis Challenge

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
adam_147
adam_147
22:10 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Basically, mooney and I have decided to take dgen's carom tennis idea a bit further and make it more 'tennisy'. We are running a trial at the moment, but if anyone wants to take one of us on at it then drop one of us a message. The rules are:

1. First lag is the toss, the winner gets to break off first (i.e. serve).
2. Players will alternate breaking (serving) each frame (player not breaking should deliberately lose the lag).
3. The first player to 5 points wins the frame, there is NO equal innings rule. (If the breaker gets to 5 first, the other play can have their extra turn for fun but the frame will count as lost).
4. As in the current event, each frame counts as 1 game, so winning a game on the opponent's break will count as a break of serve.
5. First to 6 games wins the set, as long as they are 2 frames clear. If it goes to 6-6, a one-frame tiebreaker will be played. In a tiebreaker, lag will be competitive (ie play to win it) and the equal innings rule DOES count, so it is basically just one normal frame. First to 2 or 3 sets wins the match (agree beforehand). In the deciding set (set 3 in a race to 2, set 5 in a race to 3) there is no tiebreak, just play to 2 games clear.
6. Hitting a 5 run from the break will count as an "Ace", hitting a 5 run not from the break will count as a "Winner". Missing your break off will count as a "Double Fault". Flukes will count as "clipping the net and it dropping over" and should ALWAYS be apologised for. Cushion first shots will be called "drop shots" and should be celebrated if made successfully.
7. At the end of a set, players will switch which cue ball they are using, i.e. white > yellow, yellow > white.
8. In the event of the player who should be breaking accidentally losing the lag by fouling, the player with the YELLOW cue ball should leave and be invited back to ensure the players keep the same cue ball.
9. Breaking your cue after missing a sitter will result in a warning for cue abuse.
10. You can ask for a hawkeye review after a close miss, but it won't change anything.
11. Players should agree on the surface: Blue cloth for a hard court, Green cloth for a grass court.
12. In game commentary is not required, but is recommended .
13. Cheat lags are not allowed at all!

hopefully if we can get enough people familiar with the rules we can start a tournament, so people please come and challenge us!

Edited at 19:39 Mon 22/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:15 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This sounds really good. Great idea!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:23 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
loool sounds quite fun
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:24 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
etarvt - Fancy a thrashing mate?
adam_147
adam_147
22:25 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I haven't had my serve broken yet . Think I've had 3 or 4 aces and 2 additional winners. Mooney has had 2 aces too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good, need to practice carom first though.
adam_147
adam_147
22:32 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Get practising then .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:33 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I hit my best ever 9 lastnight ( missed citer for 10 ). Adam do you fancy a challenge?
adam_147
adam_147
22:34 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sure . If this kicks off I'll start a ranking system too .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:35 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
You really didn't need the score at the end.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:35 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I can play tonight mate? How about 9:30-10pm bud?
adam_147
adam_147
22:36 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds good. I might be nearer 10 though. And yes i did moons .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Nearer 10 is probably best for me anyway, need to get some practice. If i play like anything lastnight. I might get a game or so. Hit a few runs lastnight so feeling it.
adam_147
adam_147
22:47 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh just to clarify for those who don't watch tennis, the alternating breaks continues from one set to the next. So whoever serves in the last game of a set will receive for the first game of the next. If a set goes to a tiebreak, then whoever served first in that set will serve second in the next set.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:48 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
moi as always
adam_147
adam_147
22:51 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
moi as always

You challenging me or mooney?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Enjoyed our games aswell pattie - Can always have a game if you want aswell?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
always available to play if you want
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:52 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
moi as always

You challenging me or mooney?
you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:53 Mon 22 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
always available to play if you want

Yeah man brilliant. Im booked on Centre Court tonight vs Adam. But after that if you see me online please dont be afraid to send me a pm and we can get going
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Adam and Mooney's Carom Tennis Challenge

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Snooker Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.