Power
dvz vs diamond_v2
Mixed
erigert vs moore6c
turtle1560 vs the_tornado
Killer
0 - 0

Deadline: Sunday 20th April

Message your opponent and arrange to get the games played as soon as you can guys. Cheers, Good Luck!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:14 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
d_legend (3) vs (1) wilson970905909090909090

He got a break of 58. I got breaks of 52, 57.

2 frames to go. He left halfway through the 5th frame coz he needed to go. He was in a commanding position but still work to do, so I'm assuming the frame is void?

If he left, the frame is yours mate.

Great start against a player who (looking at his stats) appears very good Good luck in the final frame!
not quite. He id clearly bit trying to gain an advantage and was leading the frame (no ragequit), so that frame should be replayed.
I know the rules only talk about unintentional disconnections, but i think in this case it would be in the spirit of the game to replay. At the same time, Woody should tell Wilson that this shouldnt happen again!
msl
msl
02:20 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 m_wood

6.3 Disconnects during games
If a player leaves during a frame (unless due to clearly unintentional connection problems), the frame will be awarded to the opponent (opponent's discretion- the opponent may decide whether to claim the frame, award it to the disconnected player, or replay it). If the disconnected player had effectively won the frame at the time of disconnection (ex. opponent needed snookers), they will be awarded the frame. Clan league runners will only intervene in case of clear unintentional disconnection or to award the frame to the disconnected player.

We are simply going by this rule. He chose to leave the game, if he had lost connection (unintentionally), the frame would be replayed.
d_legend
d_legend
02:28 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

2 frames to go. He left halfway through the 5th frame coz he needed to go. He was in a commanding position but still work to do, so I'm assuming the frame is void?

Great start against a player who (looking at his stats) appears very good Good luck in the final frame!
not quite. He id clearly bit trying to gain an advantage and was leading the frame (no ragequit), so that frame should be replayed.
I know the rules only talk about unintentional disconnections, but i think in this case it would be in the spirit of the game to replay. At the same time, Woody should tell Wilson that this shouldnt happen again!

But it IS my choice?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:31 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I adressed that above. The rule is there to stop people leaving when theyre losing to get a restart. This was clearly not the case here. As your own player said, the guy was in command of the frame. We do want things to be decided on the table as much as possible, so replaying is the only sensible option.
If the rule needs to be made more precise, that can be done as well.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:33 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

But it IS my choice?
It's a gray area. In this case, for the reasons above, i would ask you to replay the frame, in a similar way to how i can award the frame to a player who was leading.
msl
msl
02:37 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Original Snooker Friendly - d_legend (4) 16-26 (1) wilson970905 (by default, wilson970905 left the game)

It was hardly a commanding lead. As the rules state, if he had a lead that would have meant snookers from legend, then yeah he would get the frame. But he has chosen to leave the game - in my eyes that's forfeiting it, I certainly wouldn't expect to be given a replay if I left mid game.
d_legend
d_legend
02:44 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Brilliant.. I'll hear a final word from my captain msl.
d_legend
d_legend
02:46 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Original Snooker Friendly - d_legend (4) 16-26 (1) wilson970905 (by default, wilson970905 left the game)

It was hardly a commanding lead. As the rules state, if he had a lead that would have meant snookers from legend, then yeah he would get the frame. But he has chosen to leave the game - in my eyes that's forfeiting it, I certainly wouldn't expect to be given a replay if I left mid game.

Didn't see your comment there. I said commanding coz he was on the table.
msl
msl
02:48 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I know mate haha but alot can still happen with that scoreline. If he was like 50-0 up, he would have more of a "commanding" case haha
d_legend
d_legend
02:48 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I think what is trying to be said is I have the choice, and the suggestion is that i should choose to replay it. But if i can choose to take a win, then I'd be stupid not to take a win. Right?
msl
msl
02:52 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think what is trying to be said is I have the choice, and the suggestion is that i should choose to replay it. But if i can choose to take a win, then I'd be stupid not to take a win. Right?

Going by the rules mate then yeah it is your choice. I dont really see why this is causing such a big deal, rules were made for a reason! haha
d_legend
d_legend
02:53 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Wilson's gonna wake up tomorrow and be like, right, wtf is going on!
msl
msl
22:48 Thu 10 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
msl vs thegame26

arc: msl (63)
reg: thegame26 (93)
orig: msl (51)
carom: msl
power: thegame26 (101)

Through to the next round of the Individual Tourny, along with the_tornado d_legend pattie96 moore6c

Lets hope one of us can go all the way But.... Dont expect me to go easy on you if we meet guys
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
04:17 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
yessssssss msl

nice one!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
07:26 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Going by the rules mate then yeah it is your choice. I dont really see why this is causing such a big deal, rules were made for a reason! haha
yes but you guys dont seem to understand the reason they were made in this case. This rule is there to stop people getting screwed over. Since that is obviously not happening here, i would strongly suggest the frame gets replayed- the most logical and fair thing to do. It doesnt matter whether the lead was commanding. He was at the table when he left. If it was the other way around i would leave the choice completely up to you. But since this was not the case, please replay. Games should be decided on the table.
I am happy to amend the rules if necessary. Remember, they were not written by legal experts to close every loophole and account for every exception.
msl
msl
16:43 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So you're saying that a player can quit a game at any point, as long as they are at the table and not losing. Right okay haha

If thats the new rule then so be it, we will replay the frame, we are just trying to follow the written rules. Really doesn't make sense to me
d_legend
d_legend
17:31 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
So you're saying that a player can quit a game at any point, as long as they are at the table and not losing. Right okay haha

If thats the new rule then so be it, we will replay the frame, we are just trying to follow the written rules. Really doesn't make sense to me

I'll replay it mate. I'm alright with that, but what's annoying is soon enough someone like m_wood is going to be in the same scenario as me, and claim the frame for themselves. I think you should change/amend the rule seb. I'm also curious, if I am leading by 28 points, and we are down to colours (the yellow), if i leave, what happens?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:23 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
turtle 4 - 2 tornado

arcade he was too good breaks of 66 and 60 i was out of sorts..

reg was 1-1 i got 55 break and he got 53 break.

orig was 1-1 aswell he wrapped it up with a 65 break to win it

ggs mate
msl
msl
22:27 Fri 11 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
turtle 4 - 2 tornado

arcade he was too good breaks of 66 and 60 i was out of sorts..

reg was 1-1 i got 55 break and he got 53 break.

orig was 1-1 aswell he wrapped it up with a 65 break to win it

ggs mate

Unlucky Mark, still a decent 2 points against a very good player
Pages: 14445
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Nocturnal Assassins...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.