Black Screen with no play

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

streetrat
streetrat
01:37 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I cannot get the table to come up this evening and just have a black screen/
Just updated to the latest Java, which it appeared I had anyway and restarted twice but no joy.
help please?
Thanks Dave
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:38 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
same here mate, looks like its a waiting game or re-install an earlier version of java.
streetrat
streetrat
10:23 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What makes it worse is that the black screen not only doesn't fire up but it won't close down either.
You press the X and it just goes white!

Any assistance funkysnooker it wizards please?
Dave
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Have you uninstalled the old version m8? I updated at first and it didn't work so I uninstalled then updated to the latest version again and it worked straight away
muppet
muppet
12:47 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Same here! It seems there is one problem after another over the last year or so. Still a GREAT game tho, erm, when its working. I have tried just about everything I can and nothing works this time.
I was playing the other day when suddenly the game froze, my opponent must have thought I clicked out but it just FROZE! Sorry, whoever you were.
I got a message saying Java update needed or something like that. Anyway the game froze and I had to do a ctrl, alt, delete to get out.
I installed theJjava update and tried to go back and play, got into the main page no problem but when you click on play all I get is a black screen and the advert over to the left - and THAT screen freezes Black! The ONLY way out is to do a ctrl, alt, delete.
So I tried it with Chrome, same problem. So I tried it with Firefox, same problem.
The other week I had something similar happen so I called a computer shop and asked them to visit the site and try it for me, they had the same problems as me so it was not my settings or computer.
I uninstalled and re-installed Java, didn't work, I added funky to Java as a safe site - didn't work! reduced the security - didn't work. in a nutshell and in technical terms. "nothing works" aaaaargh. I just hope normal service will come back soon. All the best to you all and if anyone knows let me know please. Cheers.
etarvt
etarvt
13:20 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Check this out:

http://media.ca8.uscourts.gov/cmecfDir/disableNextGen.pdf

Worked for me without installing an older version... though it's working only on IE lol
jrc750
jrc750
16:05 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Nothing i try seems to work, HELP PLEASE
jrc750
jrc750
16:10 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Check this out:

http://media.ca8.uscourts.gov/cmecfDir/disableNextGen.pdf

Worked for me without installing an older version... though it's working only on IE lol

Not for me
etarvt
etarvt
19:21 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I also have this in the exception list under the Security tab of the java configuration:

http://www.funkysnooker.com
http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewGameWidescreen.do?loggedIn=true
jrc750
jrc750
21:27 Fri 18 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I got it to work by following advice in the pool part of this game, basically go to your control panel and
"Uninstall the current update and than redownload the previous update (60) and install it"

This is where you download the previous version

javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=90223

I had to ignore all requests to update to latest version etc and voila back in, now if only i can remember what to do lol
streetrat
streetrat
12:40 Sun 20 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks JRC 750 - did exactly that and all works ok now it seems.
I owe you a match
Dave
muppet
muppet
12:35 Tue 22 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its no use, its just no use, funky snooker and java is just incompatible and I have tried it on three separate computers, and asked a local computer expert and he had the same problems. I hope we can get this resolved soon. I have tried and done just about everything,
reduced the security settings - no good.
Removed Java and re-installed - no good
gone back to an older version - game freezes and logs me out.
Added Java as trusted in java settings.
That's me done I'm afraid, no snooker until it's resolved after years of play, its so darned frustrating.
If I can get in, it freezes and logs me out. Fed up!
Over the last twelve months or so its been one problem after another. Hope its sorted soon.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Wed 23 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Just come back and I've also got this problem!
clifton188
clifton188
21:40 Wed 23 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
GRRRRR IM FUMING funky was working last night and went to log on today and it says java is out of date install new update which i did and now cant get on,advice is to delete latest update and reinstall the old one can anyone help me to do this as i aint got a clue about things like that!. Thanks appreciate the feedback!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:31 Thu 24 Jul 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
notrespondng
notrespondng
17:34 Wed 6 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Now resolved, it would seem, by Java Update 7u67! Hey - we're back in play! I am anyway....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:51 Sun 17 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
New java update 67 seems to allow funky to work on IE and chrome now.

Sorry, I didn't see the above post!!!!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Black Screen with no play

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.