guest players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
timpark
timpark
16:45 Fri 8 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i think guests on the site should not be allowed..why?because the game is more or less FREE to use 24/7 .the least they could do is make a account ...a name and email. its not much to ask for a great free online game

thoughts?
just saying
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:16 Fri 8 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i like playing guests as you never know what to expect, yes they should be encouraged by members to register but some members log in as guests for privacy and as they cant make a second account they log in as guests instead.

playing guests is my 3rd passtime behind playing friends and league games
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
18:52 Fri 8 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the word 'register' will put a lot of people off no matter how difficult it is. I've played as a guest for a long while before i signed up and I enjoyed it. Sooner or later most guests will be interested in joining tournaments and keeping stats and they will sign up.
Numbers on this game have already gone dramatically down so why would you drive away even more players from the game?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:58 Fri 8 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, some want to pop on quick, have a look round and try it out, without the need to go through registration. It's probably better left as is. If they like it so much they can join.
timpark
timpark
03:02 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
fair enough guys ,tnx for your input
welshie
welshie
16:38 Sat 16 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i think problem is registered players also play as a guest.

i assume that registered players playing a guest assume they will win every time. sometimes not the case
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:30 Thu 21 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
99.999999% of the time i play as a guest, i only really joined so i can post on here if i have tech problem that i cant fix.

as for keeping games stats etc i couldnt care less about that side of things.
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:51 Fri 22 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
played once as agueat cos i dont no how these thing work then got me good friend to signe me up been on since but never as a gueast
hutch1971
hutch1971
00:52 Fri 22 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
how u play as a gueat once youve joined ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:02 Fri 22 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't sign in and press play
sarah
sarah
14:04 Sun 24 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
g_k
g_k
20:48 Sun 24 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can sign in and still play as a guest, there is a link for it on your home page. So it must be encouraged by Nick or there wouldn't be a link.
stephenh2014
stephenh2014
00:42 Mon 25 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You can sign in and still play as a guest, there is a link for it on your home page. So it must be encouraged by Nick or there wouldn't be a link.

Theres only a link if you have a premium account
g_k
g_k
15:04 Mon 25 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Theres only a link if you have a premium account

Oops, didn't realise it was only on premium, I stand corrected
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
07:02 Tue 26 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i like playing guests as you never know what to expect, yes they should be encouraged by members to register but some members log in as guests for privacy and as they cant make a second account they log in as guests instead.

playing guests is my 3rd passtime behind playing friends and league games

I agree, since ,more than one account is not allowed people now and again just want to have a litle bash around without being bothered or, if they're a decent player, any expectations.. I think the majority of guest players are usually ones who do have accounts who just like the anonymity of being able to play pot luck and those who really are new players can get a feel for the game without any obligation, I know I played as a guest for a few months before I 'thought' I was good enough to register in order to play other people.. And like it was mentioned above, guests will play to practise and when they feel they are good enough they will want to make accounts to keep stats etc that's what happened with me.. So I for one was glad for the guest feature
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:05 Thu 28 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If it wasn't for guests there would no people to play at all...unless you are in a clan,individuals champs or whatever ,
or you want to play arcade..all of which I don't anymore!
Struggle to get any games at all these days because no one wants to play or won't play because I have quite a good rank, either way thank god for guests to hit a few balls around with.

The game looks doomed to me or maybe I have just been on it too long

thats for sure the last bit lol

Edited at 23:11 Wed 27/08/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:44 Sun 31 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If you wanna play other players without hurting your hard earned (false) rank, then create a friendly game... Seems sometimes there are loads of players on but no games being played to me..... Never used to be like this!!!
destroyer
destroyer
23:24 Mon 1 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think playing guests is completely harmless and at times great, I mean ur rank is unaffected and in theory gives u a chance to maybe improve ur game without doing any harm to your ranking. If you beat a guest then its just a practice game, if you get beat by one then take something from it and .make some changes to your game and why not encourage them to join its so simple.

Anyways that's my opinion.... theoretically guests are target practice
baff
baff
Admin
00:34 Tue 2 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
How many members started playing as a guest...? Quite a lot I would imagine.
It gives new users the chance to discover the site, learn how to play, before making an account.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Sat 6 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I was a guest for a couple of weeks b4 I joined..... best snooker site on internet...
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

guest players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.