Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Compaq Presario SR1609UK Boot-up fail.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

cue_power
cue_power
08:45 Thu 30 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hello everyone.

The first PC I ever purchased packed up around 4/5 years ago and I wanted to see if I can get it fixed so I can give it away to a library or something such as.

I had to restore the computer because it pretty much kept crashing all the time, however after this action I can now never get the computer to fully boot up.

On turning the PC on I get two options in a boot up screen saying F1 Set up or F2 Continue. When pressing F2, the PC doesn't go beyond the windows xp loading screen and on the set up I have no idea if the details are correct.

I'm assuming a drive has been erased or I need to change the configuration but this I do not know how to perform.

In the hope someone out there knows whether it's a straightforward fix or if anyone has any recommendations id appreciate it.

Thanks.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:11 Thu 30 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I had this on last PC and technician told me the tower was broken and couldn't be fixed, hopefully you have more luck
dvz
dvz
05:16 Sat 19 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
someone told me some really good advice once - throw it out the window - slight problem was i did n hit the neighbours dog taking a dump near my wall. Sweet.
kris
kris
17:41 Sat 3 Oct 15 (BST)  [Link]  
someone told me some really good advice once - throw it out the window - slight problem was i did n hit the neighbours dog taking a dump near my wall. Sweet.

lol.
sarah
sarah
10:48 Mon 22 Feb 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
virtuoso147_
virtuoso147_
17:27 Mon 4 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
derry milk
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Compaq Presario SR1609UK Boot-up fail.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.