Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11112
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:12 Tue 31 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
farren said:
Just learn the new angles again... it only takes a few games and a bit of practice. It's just down to not being used to it

I think it's more to do with attitude to be honest. Throwing a tantrum will not bring it back, because it's not coming back.

Also they're aren't really new angles, just more accurate ones which i know was one of Nick's aims - Accurate and realistic game play. This has been achieved with the realistic spin we got when Regular 1st came out and now the accurate and realistic angles.

You can't expect to be perfect straight away. I still say that now the only game i can 'play' is regular because i think i've improved since the update. As for arcade and original, i 'spose it's like being a newbie again but i should get back to where i was soon.

Finally, it's not like the update has just come out. it was introduced just over a week ago and people still say it's shocking because they 'can't' get used to the 'new angles.' I can't understand that i'm still seeing useless posts saying 'We want old back' and 'this is the worst update ever.'

I struggled and infact hated the update at first, look at me now!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Tue 31 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, well said
si123
si123
14:55 Tue 31 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
See for me its helped me out abit, I have am not playing arcade aswell but i'm still playing at a level i'm hapyish with (but everybody has good and bad days) but i'm playing orig and regular alot more now becuase I am finding it easier and alot more accurate than it used to be. I arnt upto the level of knocking in halfs on either of them yet but I being playing some big names and winning so hopefully it continues!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:17 Tue 31 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
It's a lot more realistic, take the black ball for example, previously you could pot the black from almost anywhere on the table where as now its very tough. It seems like the angle changes everytime you line up the black and involves much more concentration. I had a straight black for a 106 against quick_pot last night and missed it by a mile lol! On spot as well!

I like it, especially as I'm "finally" getting the hang of things.

It's also a lot more addictive than previous
nick
nick
Admin
16:26 Tue 31 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
si123, thanks for the screenshot - I just went through the code and have seen there was still a problem. I'll patch it tomorrow morning.

The balls shouldn't be unpredictable in any way, ste, I'm hoping it's just like that for you while you are adjusting between the old and new.
gyro1780
gyro1780
04:29 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
farren said:
Just learn the new angles again... it only takes a few games and a bit of practice. It's just down to not being used to it, like it is when you first start. And i doubt you would have called it crap and unrealistic when you first started playing this game.

Besides, this same slight change has happened to everyone so you are no worse or better than anyone as you were before and there are people here who are adapting to it fine anyway. If they can do it then anyone can, they just have patience.

I suggest you go play on a real snooker table and see how long it takes for you to throw a wobbler because you can't pot every shot perfect. I'd find a bigger ruler too.

I do play on a full size table & have done for about 15 years. I play for a Snooker Team in Surrey & hit regular breaks of 30 - 40 The potting angles on here just ain't realistic. Maybe it's just me that has the problem then but i can definitely say that the angles are way off.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:15 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
This aint real, its a computer game

If you use the new cursor, aim for a shot along the cushion and line it up perfectly so the ghost cursor is just touching the edge of the ball and line it up straight to the pocket, i can safely say that it works every time, as before the update, i had real problems with aiming on cushion shots, now i pot them quite a lot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:22 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i think damme has hit the nail on the head with that!
nick
nick
Admin
12:42 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
gyro1780 said:
I do play on a full size table & have done for about 15 years. I play for a Snooker Team in Surrey & hit regular breaks of 30 - 40 The potting angles on here just ain't realistic. Maybe it's just me that has the problem then but i can definitely say that the angles are way off.

The good thing about funkysnooker (and any game) is that a problem like this is very easy for me to reproduce.

I can look into any problem but you need to assist by taking a screenshot. Before each shot, but while the shot cursor is visible, press your print screen button. Take the shot, and if you think the angles are wrong save the print screen button to your computer (open a paint programme and paste). Then upload to http://tinypic.com

I honestly believe the angles are fine. To test (and aim) properly you should try the following:

Posted Image

Place the cursor touching (but not overlapping) the target ball, opposite the direction you wish the target ball to go. Every shot follows this logic (in real life too).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i've got a problem that isn't related to the angles, i'm experiencing major lag say 30 mins after i've been logged onto the server. Im using firefox (latest update 3.08 i think), have flash turned off, java is version 6 update 10 (1.6.0_10) and my pc isnt really slow.

didnt have any lag before the upgrade now its quite annoying. any ideas why?

on a side note i totally agree with you si123, after reading ur comment i went onto regular to see if it was the truth and made a 63 practice break on the first go! before i cud barely manage 10 lol
nick
nick
Admin
16:11 Wed 1 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Funkymunky, I highly recommend upgrading your Java version update 10 introduced a lot of changes, it's already update 13 now. If you still have a problem after that please let me know.

Upgrade at
http://www.java.com/getjava
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:30 Thu 2 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Whats everyone on about angles I dont see a problem or anything different.

Did something change?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Thu 2 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick, i just uploaded update 13 and it's made my fiance kelly's computer lag alot, and i mean alot. She had version 6 update 7 before and it was absolutely fine. I'm just wondering why this is and if any thing can be done about it?

And also i tried to get her old java update back and it caused java to go haywire on me. If anyone can help, please let me know. Cheers.
nick
nick
Admin
08:09 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
You should try the following:
- Go to control panel
- Add remove programs
- Remove all the java versions you see (there may be more than one).
- Clear browser histories including downloaded program files.
- Reboot (even if you're not told to)

- Then visit http://www.java.com for a new, latest, install, or visit http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html and click download JRE for update 7
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:17 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I was on a break of 14, just about to pot the pink then my opponent left, but as soon as he left it stopped my break and awarded me the win. But shouldn't i of kept on playing till my break was over? Obviously not complaining as there was only a 27 break on but just reporting it as it could of been a much higher break

EDIT: (Tournament match, Arcade)

Edited at 14:20 Fri 3/04/09 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:04 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Ste don't ya know that continue break is disabled for tourny matches? Its to stop people getting DQ'ed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:08 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Ohhh haha! Shows how much i enter tournaments....!

Thanks for clearing that up mate.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:33 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
ok i used the wrong words sri....but the fact is, it is changed and it didnt need to be in the first place. My OPINION!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:52 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Its been changed for the better, and it is better.

Not my opinion, FACT
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:48 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
There's really no need to argue or use capital or italic words to make your statement. This is a forum, in other words air your views and problems for the admin to look at.

Everyone has had difference in gameplay, obviously it has been changed. Spin, slight angles and the FPS of the ball movement (Frames Per Second.) It is ok for some people, others not so good. But at the end of the day if your having problems then put them down here! Instead of having a go at Nick and other members over changes.

At the end of the day i had to deal with the same things as everyone else. And to be honest, i think i'm even better than before. Just keep practicing instead of playing ranked games, simple.

Back on topic: Nick i have it all sorted out now since i am a premium member, but i have done what you said aswell and see an even better improvment. Thanks.

Edited at 20:50 Fri 3/04/09 (BST)
Pages: 11112
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems with new layout

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.