Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11213
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
conlon08 said:
ok i used the wrong words sri....but the fact is, it is changed and it didnt need to be in the first place. My OPINION!!

Posted Image

Do that test, it works perfectly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:02 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
youngjeezy said:
There's really no need to argue or use capital or italic words to make your statement. This is a forum, in other words air your views and problems for the admin to look at.

Ofcourse there is, thats why the text options are there! If i can use italics etc. to better my point, then will. Im just being more"stylish" in the way i write my post.

Edited at 22:04 Fri 3/04/09 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Just been playing rude_boy08 and he made a half century and won the game so i flagged... it even said i was ready to start the next frame, and my opponent was waiting. But then after about a five minute wait of no action at all it said he wasn't responding, then within ten seconds it said he left the game, i never got the defeat i should of got but i didn't get the win either. I took a print screen, hope it worksss........

http://i40.tinypic.com/2hzrb03.jpg
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
16:11 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it's something to do with the game not refreshing ste!

Edited at 22:13 Fri 3/04/09 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:18 Fri 3 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
As you can see with the screenshot it says he was 1-0 up but as you can see with our results thats not true! A moderator had to close the room in the end... i waited for about 10 minutes.
nick
nick
Admin
08:35 Sat 4 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for the screenshot and description, this is a bug in the concede game logic.

Actually, it's not a problem caused with the new layout but that is far from obvious... I only found this out after investigating the issue.

It's not a simple fix, so I will look into it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:55 Sun 5 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I used to play on a colour scheme where the text was all white but that doesn't seem to be an option.
nick
nick
Admin
17:01 Sun 5 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
It's still there, called monotone?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:59 Mon 6 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
oooh yeah lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Mon 6 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Played properly today for the first time in about a month, and I don't mean to be funny, but the angles are completely different - and i mean completely different, I purposely over cut the black ball, and missed it on the thick side, I know it is now more "realistic" (which I have my doubts about now) but it has sacrificed the gameplay.

It is completely unplayable, and the lack of high breaks atm only confirms this, you could say this is a new challenge, but to create a new challenge by altering the physics of the game is dangerous and I can't see the reasoning behind it. The actual look of the game is stunning, but the gameplay is what is all important.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:09 Mon 6 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
Played properly today for the first time in about a month, and I don't mean to be funny, but the angles are completely different - and i mean completely different, I purposely over cut the black ball, and missed it on the thick side, I know it is now more "realistic" (which I have my doubts about now) but it has sacrificed the gameplay.

It is completely unplayable, and the lack of high breaks atm only confirms this, you could say this is a new challenge, but to create a new challenge by altering the physics of the game is dangerous and I can't see the reasoning behind it. The actual look of the game is stunning, but the gameplay is what is all important.

Exactly it's the first time in a month you've played, we have all been through what you are experiencing. Honestly you will think it's better in a week or two's time. (knowing you tho you're looking on a month)
nick
nick
Admin
13:10 Mon 6 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:

As mentioned many times above, take a screenshot of your cursor position before such a shot, and I will investigate it.

There's not been a single response to this very simple test.

I'm getting tired of defending the angles because it "feels" different - it isn't a subjective area, it's 100% reproducible physics that can be analyzed with ease.

Hopefully better accuracy will benefit us all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:28 Tue 7 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:

Exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago, I totally agree with you mate. My advice - play regular instead of arcade. That doesn't seem to have changed at all (gameplay wise I mean). Arcade is now pretty much unplayable in my opinion.
nick
nick
Admin
12:15 Tue 7 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
cj2010 said:
Exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago, I totally agree with you mate. My advice - play regular instead of arcade. That doesn't seem to have changed at all (gameplay wise I mean). Arcade is now pretty much unplayable in my opinion.

If it's incorrect or unplayable take a screenshot of the incorrect angle and it can be looked into. Your (or mine, or anyone's) opinion about the physics (and the playability in this respect) is irrelevant - it's simple maths that is trivial to investigate and reproduce.

EDIT: to make it more generic.

Edited at 19:04 Tue 7/04/09 (BST)
blutch
blutch
08:16 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
When you decrease the window's width, some chat lines become too wide and get displayed on 2 lines, which is good. But in that case the chat display doesn't stick to the last message posted; it acts as if it was staying at the same line count from the top, but as that line count increases, the chat view actually scrolls up.

Problem experienced at work with Java 1.6.0_13 and at home with Java 1.6.0_02.

Edited at 13:18 Fri 10/04/09 (BST)
nick
nick
Admin
10:46 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks, noted.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:44 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i fond it very hard now to roll a ball in with delicate shots. do very lightly and it flies off with no lag....
blutch
blutch
14:07 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
snooker_andy said:
i fond it very hard now to roll a ball in with delicate shots. do very lightly and it flies off with no lag....

I have no such problem personally.
Do you move the mouse to the side as well when shooting? It helps hitting very slow shots.
Also you might need to try the alternate cue control (you can activate it in the in-game options).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
done thanks. did the alternative cue control
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Fri 10 Apr 09 (BST)  [Link]  
That's been here for ages mate.... *slaps forehead*
Pages: 11213
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Problems with new layout