Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15859
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:21 Wed 27 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Liverpool Echo

How Much For A Sigi?
Icelander Priced Out Of A Reds Move With Wild Wage Demands

Liverpool look like being priced out of a move for Icelander Gylfi Sigursson after they refused to meet the players 'wild' wage demands.
The figure is believed to be 50% more than LFC were prepared to offer and Spurs have moved into pole position to sign Sigursson after they agreed to match his salary requests.

LFC had held extensive talks with the 22 year old and put together a generous deal for a player of his experience, however the club and the player are divided in their valuation.
The club's owners FSG are reluctant to hand out bumper contracts having been lumbered with lavish deals that brought players such as Joe Cole to the club. Brendan Rodgers made no secret of his desire to bring the player to the club having worked with him at Swansea but LFC are understood to have baulked at his wage demands.

Same old story, Liverpool yet again being stingy. We go from being stingy to wazzing money up the wall and then back to being stingy.

Mehhh
si123
si123
13:13 Thu 28 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
'Stoke to offer Fleck and Ness a way out of Rangers who are going to be relegated to Division 2,

Stoke City will be facing the threat of legal action from Rangers owner Charles Green and are poised to sign Jamie Ness and John Fleck respectively for nothing.'

Rangers fans have gone mental on a forum page, can't believe this Ness has gone so he can warm the bench for Stoke, he's ment to be a real quality player aswel, am glad everybody is ripping their team apart hopefully won't be leaving league 2 for a fair few seasons got to love it then a big club fails
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:44 Thu 28 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Idiot much^^^

There has been no set division which Rangers will go to. If they went into division two and finished in a promotion spot then they would be promoted no question about it. The only thing the SFA are trying to stop is the signing of any new players for three seasons i believe.
jack_pot
jack_pot
16:48 Thu 28 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Idiot much^^^

There has been no set division which Rangers will go to. If they went into division two and finished in a promotion spot then they would be promoted no question about it. The only thing the SFA are trying to stop is the signing of any new players for three seasons i believe.

*cough* no1 cares *cough*
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:52 Thu 28 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
*cough* who asked you idiot.
jack_pot
jack_pot
16:55 Thu 28 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image
jack_pot
jack_pot
14:25 Sun 1 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
A £5m fee has apparently been agreed between FC Twente & Newcastle United for CB Douglas.
mich
mich
19:49 Sun 1 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Reports from Iceland the Sigurdsson want to play for the team that best suits his play, and with a manager he can relate to.

He is apparently going to turn down the higher wage to play for Liverpool.

Again I said reports not the truth.
si123
si123
23:43 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Idiot much^^^

'Idiot Much'

It's not my fault I support a team that can control finances, the fact you won't be in the SPL is near enough certainty, Your team is hilarious right now!

Stoke will never win the trophies rangers have got but if we were put in the SPL i'm sure we'd give it a good go lol.

But in all fairness every Rangers fan must admit to themselfs that they do not deserve to be in the SPL either it's the fact your ex Chairman did this to your club so other teams should have the chance of sucess of finishing second even if it only lasts for 6/7 seasons until you've got a recognised team again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:25 Tue 3 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think it's the fans fault that their Chairmen was a dodgy so and so.

Think they would have been quite happy to just be ran properly and win the league tbh.
si123
si123
19:12 Tue 3 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well there are hundreds of questions to ask(Some of these questions are probably answered but don't really pay to much attention to SPL), Did Whyte actually have money? If not how did he get the club? Shouldn't the SFA of done something when he decided to sell all of his tickets to 'ticketus' How long were they actually in debt for before it was publically released?

It got extremly out of hand and that's all to blame I think it might of been prevented but then you look at Portsmouth and the FA didn't exactly do anything for them either hmmm
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well there are hundreds of questions to ask(Some of these questions are probably answered but don't really pay to much attention to SPL), Did Whyte actually have money? If not how did he get the club? Shouldn't the SFA of done something when he decided to sell all of his tickets to 'ticketus' How long were they actually in debt for before it was publically released?

It got extremly out of hand and that's all to blame I think it might of been prevented but then you look at Portsmouth and the FA didn't exactly do anything for them either hmmm

also, portsmouth didnt get booted out of the league and their name taken!!!
si123
si123
01:24 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Because Portsmouth are still able to continue to play football they remained a football club they had no money but never did I read 'They might not be able finish a season' etc

Rangers were in such a worse state
jack_pot
jack_pot
16:55 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks like Newcastle are no longer pursuing Luuk De Jong, and are instead focusing on bringing in Douglas and Debuchy.

Good news I think. We don't desperately need another quality striker, so I'd rather we kept the £11m we bid for him, and spent it on players that will benefit the club more.
m_wood
m_wood
20:08 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Tottenham beat Liverpool to the signing of Hoffenheim's Gylfi Sigurdsson, who had a spell on loan at Swansea last season.

Naismith has joined Everton after rejecting to join the Newco Rangers.
pilbyjoel
pilbyjoel
23:00 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
RVP won't renew his arsenal contract.

Oof
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:44 Thu 5 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
"I believed playing football would be most important to him (Sigurdsson) but obviously it was important financially."

"I knew what the market was and I wasn't prepared to pay anything over what I agreed to pay before."

Fair play Brendan.
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:25 Fri 6 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle have signed Gael Bigirimana from Conventry City.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
22:31 Fri 6 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That lad used to run circles around us in school, good solid little player him, how much you pay?
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:20 Fri 6 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I believe it was around £1m, although I'm not 100% sure.
Pages: 15859
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Transfer Gossip for 11/12 Season

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.