The Ashes!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:48 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Seems people only care about football on this forum:S , but The Ashes is back, down under this time!!!

Sat up watching England fighting back from a 200 run defecit, now 16 ahead with Cook nearing a 100 and Strauss out after getting his.

Come on England, a team to be proud of win, lose or draw, unlike our football team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:59 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Great opening stand by Straussy and Cook. Got us right back into the game now! Trott coming in and doing the same when Strauss went a real help!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:03 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I expected to wake up this morning to England all out for 180 or something seen the highlights Cook and strauss have saved England from a defeat i reckon, This Aussie attack is very weak though i Can't see them gettin 20 wickets in a test in the remaining four tests after this.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, I don't rate the Aussie attack at all. I mean who the (beep) is Xavier Doherty?
si123
si123
16:28 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I disagree with the fact you say it's only about football

The Ashes is just as important as the FA cup final

But I think England will do well hopefully we will come back with a Victory because the team we have got is pretty darn good and Strauss and Cook are playing emense GO ENGLAND WOOHOO
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
u mean cook now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Sun 28 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Glad to see Cook find some form in time for the ashes !! Top century by him and Strauss

I said to my brother last night "if England are going to escape defeat, they need to bat for 4 sessions at least."
They got 3... Bring on tonight !
cue_power
cue_power
18:17 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
In my opinion the ashes is misleading and boring up until someone needs a certain amount of points in as many bowels.

Its my belief that the cricket ball should be remodeled for the ashes.

Seeing as its called "The Ashes" Why dont they set the cricket ball on fire, and wear a glove.

That would without doubt attract many of funkysnookerooniers to watch cricket.

Plus with Freddie not playing...whats the point?

I dont mind Twenty20 but the Ashes seems to...last an age?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Top performance lads !!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:42 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:
In my opinion the ashes is misleading and boring up until someone needs a certain amount of points in as many bowels.

Its my belief that the cricket ball should be remodeled for the ashes.

Seeing as its called "The Ashes" Why dont they set the cricket ball on fire, and wear a glove.

That would without doubt attract many of funkysnookerooniers to watch cricket.

Plus with Freddie not playing...whats the point?

I dont mind Twenty20 but the Ashes seems to...last an age?

Wtf are you on abarrrr? Stick to football Derry

517/1 crazy score. I had 10£ on Mitchell Johnson to be MOTM. He was the worst player on the pitch every day for 5 days.

:!
cue_power
cue_power
19:53 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Alright mate, noted!

Haha!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shut up Derry. Girtty Test Match cricket it class viewing. Do you even know why it's called the Ashes?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:11 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Careful, he's probably overloading Google as we speak!

Also had Strauss and Cook to bat out all the sessions at the bookies but noooooo Strauss has to get all Marcus Trescothick and give up after 100 pftt!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:17 Mon 29 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hahaaaa I was going to write a big long essay on why it was called The Ashes but I couldn't be bothered

Cook was on top of his game and looks like there's more to come
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:23 Tue 30 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't need a big long essay on it just this:

They Aussies burnt W.G Grace and they play for his Ashes every other year.

Simples.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:02 Tue 30 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I thought it was the Ashes of the stumps on the day they finally beat England ?!?!

When W.G. Grace was run out controversially, they won for the first time on English Soil, and I thought they burnt the stumps and collected the Ashes...

And then after a mock obituary....

Posted Image

England made a return tour to Australia to "regain those ashes"...

And from then on they have competed for the urn.

That's what I think anyway... not burning W.G. Grace, who was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest player to Grace.... this blessed game !

Edited at 17:07 Tue 30/11/10 (GMT)
si123
si123
01:16 Wed 1 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Boyler thats correct, england lost and Australia burnt the bail and they played for them in the upcoming year

I think it goes the name the Ashes though due to the Daily times (Think thats right paper) said the body of the sport has being killed something along them lines and then the myth ashes turned real with the bail
cue_power
cue_power
01:50 Thu 2 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I knew why its called the Ashes.

Just because I can clearly see that cricket is slow and boring doesn't make me stupid!

The ashes was burnt after Aussies beat England for the first time on English soil, with the remainders going back to Aussieland.

The paper wasn't the daily times, it was a sporting paper, which was one of the reason the ashes was burnt in the first place.

See, I know all that which I assume makes me clever, but I know all that and still realise cricket is crap. That makes me a genious
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:11 Thu 2 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:
See, I know all that which I assume makes me clever, but I know all that and still realise cricket is crap. That makes me a genious

I think you'll find it makes you a genius Derry
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:39 Sun 5 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cook went over 1000 minutes of batting without getting out....

KP 100 as well

We're on top still
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Ashes!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.