Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Thoughts on a FunkySnooker program?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
jack_pot
jack_pot
18:09 Fri 6 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm thinking of coding a program which will basically be made up of a few parts. The main part will be the FunkySnooker game window, which will work just like it does when you press "Play" here, it will then have a side bar for stuff that you can only do on the main website at the moment, such as finding players, viewing your profile, etc.. And then it will have some additional features which aren't available through FunkySnooker, such as a random fixture generator for clan games.

So it will basically have all of the stuff you like to do whilst you're on FunkySnooker, playing, browsing the forum, viewing rankings etc.. Plus more stuff.. All in one window.

(Kind of like a custom FunkySnooker browser/control panel).

If you guys would be interested in having something like this then I'll code it, if not then I won't, so please leave some feedback.
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
23:05 Fri 6 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds like a great idea JP A lot of work thou but if you feel you have time then why not!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:07 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
great idea but wouldnt all that stuff make the table size smaller again
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:16 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
great idea.

any good ideas from whats been posted you can do what nick hasn't?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:20 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
how about only on practise table having lines on the screen to show where white will end up that will bring alot more class players in the game practise makes perfect
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:23 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
replace/move balls also but dunno if that can be done, if it can then "foul and a miss" cant be far away.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i supose it could be done if the program could do something along the same lines of system restore if u know what i mean
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:34 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i know i snooker could do it
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:06 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think I'll go into editing the actual game (firstly, that would probably be very difficult, and secondly, I'm not sure Nick would allow it).

As for adding lines on the screen, that would be possible, as It wouldn't require editing the actual game, although again it would be pretty difficult.

And the table size would be the same.

Keep the suggestions coming though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:10 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't think putting lines on the game is good idea. Fine the way it is i think on both practice and in the game
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:14 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mike0889 said:
Don't think putting lines on the game is good idea. Fine the way it is i think on both practice and in the game

If I did add it, you would obviously have the option whether to view the lines or not.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:17 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
is this site just for practice purposes or can you play too?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:19 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i assumed that but i don't think putting an aiming aid as an option is good for the game in general. Allot of other snooker sites i've seen have had this and i thought it took some of of the challenge and fun out of the game.

i think its a def no no on the arcade table but maybe an ok option on orig or reg as allot of people struggle on those tables. A consequence of that though might be that the players of those tables might not like it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:20 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
another 2 ideas but nick prob wont allow it.

retake shot in practice and able to see your opponents cursor at ALL times
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:34 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
another 2 ideas but nick prob wont allow it.

retake shot in practice and able to see your opponents cursor at ALL times

Again, that would require editing the actual game, which is something I'm not going to do.

Anybody got any suggestions for stuff which doesn't require tampering with the game window in anyway? I think I'll definitely add the random fixture generator for people who run clans, but I'd obviously like more stuff.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:43 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mike0889 said:
i assumed that but i don't think putting an aiming aid as an option is good for the game in general. Allot of other snooker sites i've seen have had this and i thought it took some of of the challenge and fun out of the game.

i think its a def no no on the arcade table but maybe an ok option on orig or reg as allot of people struggle on those tables. A consequence of that though might be that the players of those tables might not like it.

i like this.. i like it a lot
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:47 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
trying to think of something without editing the game, is themes ok or is that out too?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:53 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i would like to see something new jack, i love it when new things come on
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:54 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
trying to think of something without editing the game, is themes ok or is that out too?

Themes? If it's in-game themes then nope. However I can add themes for the actual program itself.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:55 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i can think of loads of ideas in the game but outside the game i can hardly think of anything but i will try and have a think
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Thoughts on a FunkySnooker program?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.