19:10 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
19:18 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ur a sad person com on united
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:19 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dont support any football teams really, well maybe Brazil in world cup but thats about it
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
19:19 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fair egnough
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Stop calling them united. There are about 40-50 other teams with united in them.
Typical arm chair supporter. This is why many football fans can't stand Man utd simply because of there "arm chair" fans.
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
19:26 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fine then man utd happy now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
come on barca

2-0
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:07 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll support Man Utd, only because they're fellow northerners though. It'll be a very tough game for both teams.
si123
si123
20:20 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm Man United due to the fact they are English!

I got alot of hope for them, I think Man Utd will be played of the park tonight but aslong as they keep formation they will be alright

And they need to play either Park or Fletcher man mark messi they are capable of putting him out of the game, I also don't see a problem with Messi being a Forward and them being Midfielders as they will be spending alot of time defending so will work in their favour

Anybody seen the starting line up yet?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
English or not, United are despised in Liverpool, and they always will be.

This is not England V Spain. This is Spain vs what United have paid millions for from a collection of foreign leagues.

I owe them nothing, England owe them nothing.

Cmon Barca, a football club, with proper footballing traditions and a definitve style of play.

I'm going to say 2-0 to Barca.

Oh and Barca were founded by 2 scousers, so ... my local team.
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
00:37 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
oh well 3-1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The best team in the world by far and showed Man Utd up for what they are. Average
m_wood
m_wood
04:20 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
English or not, United are despised in Liverpool, and they always will be.

This is not England V Spain. This is Spain vs what United have paid millions for from a collection of foreign leagues.

Reina
Kyriakos
Lucas
Alonso
Torres
Suazrez
Agger
Aurelio
Jovanovic
Maxi
Kuyt
Ngog
Pulson
Hypia
Skirtel
Ayala
Aquilani..... to name a few

Manchester United have always had more English players

As for Liverpool despising Man U, well thats the same for any rivalry. I would never support Derby County in a Champions League Final.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:05 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
what a depressing day.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:15 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
the_kop said:

Reina
Kyriakos
Lucas
Alonso
Torres
Suazrez
Agger
Aurelio
Jovanovic
Maxi
Kuyt
Ngog
Pulson
Hypia
Skirtel
Ayala
Aquilani..... to name a few

Manchester United have always had more English players

As for Liverpool despising Man U, well thats the same for any rivalry. I would never support Derby County in a Champions League Final.

From the top of my head...

Giggs
Vidic
Fletcher
Evra
Ruuud
Forlan
Van Der Sar
Rafael
Fabio
Nani
Ronaldo
Chicharito
Obertan
Anderson
Park
Valencia
Bebe
Kuzcack
Evans
Oshea

So, no. United have not always had more English players, and with generalisations like that you could work for Rupert Murdoch at SKY.

Anyway, what has that got to do with anything?

Si said that he wanted United to win because they were English. Well no they aren't really.

Liverpool are also a collection of players bought from foreign leagues.

Barca on the other hand have an academy of young Basque/Spannish players, the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes, Pinto, Pedro, Busquets, hell even their manager, Guardiola was a fantastic player from the Barca set up.

Maybe there is a lesson in there for us in the prem.

Use the English talent more! The players mentioned above also won a World cup and a Euro. Why? The set up imo.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:24 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My solution. Clubs like United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal need to focus more on what we have.

Liverpool have produced 100s of talented scousers throughout the years, and the talent is still there. However under Houlliers reign we started to tear all that up and buy cheap inports from France.

Well they just collected the wage and were crap, and trod on the toes of better scouse players.

If every club in the premier league went for the English talent route then our international team would be challenging the likes of Spain, and our club teams playing at the level of Barca.

If you can get the mix of English and quality imports your laughing!

Like Barca. Basically the Spain side with Messi and Alvez.

Liverpool now seem to be going down the route of signing fewer, better quality foreign players (like Suarez) and then adding youth scallys like Flanaghan, Spearing, Robinson. Then of course we have Carra and Stevie.

Add to that Carroll, Cole, Shelvey then we have an English backbone with some foreign flair.

Anyway, my point is being somehwat lost, but basically, trust the English players, and eventually the rewards will follow! Only look abroad if the quality isn't their here!

We (The premier league) could rule the world of football once more!

Also it would be nice if managers/clubs wouldn't overprice English players, as this is the main reason clubs buy abroad. Better value for money!

Rant over.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:56 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh yeah, and

Posted Image

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
barca were far far superior.....watching them is like watching ice cream....tasty
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:21 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
how times change

look at the manu squad that won the treble!!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

united vs barca

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.