Pages: 156
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao im only joking it wasn't sheep it was horses
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
m_wood, all of your reasoning is flawed!
the_kop and virt_slayer have got it right, even though I support Arsenal, Alex Ferguson isn't the best there's ever been, Paisley was better in fairness
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:26 Sun 12 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
give me the job id show the division 3 teams
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:45 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
Your ignorrance is bliss Kop. Your looking very silly yourself to think football hasnt changed in 25 years when now its the hardest form of the sport to play as everybody is an athlete thesedays, not when your Mark Lawrenson was able to eat pies every week and have a few pounds on him, not to mention Man Utd are now competing with the greatest team ever to play the game, Liverpool ARENT competing at the highest level are they?

You wanna talk about stats fine

Is Man Utds 19 League titles better than Liverpools 18?
How about the FA Cups Man Utd have won more of too?
Oh and Charity Sheilds
Oh and Club World Cups
Oh and Cup winners Cups sigh

As for trying to bait me with the BILLY* not Billie, Davis team awww not all of us had Gilette and Hicks spalshing 200 million on rubbish and now your new owners spending over 70 million. Hardly a level playing field, and this coming from the guy who says Man Utd spend more hahahahaha

Shush now

Cap the thread Mods thank youuuuuuuu :)

Unlucky it didn't get capped, so now everyone can call you up on your bitter/ignorrant/misguided comments.

I also like how you back Billy Davies, then minutes later he is sacked.

It indicates you don't care how bad a manager is in charge of your club. Lets face it, you have to be a bad manager to be sacked for Steve 'the wolly with the brolly' Maclaren.

I'm sure he will ring Fergie up for tips though

Edited at 00:49 Mon 13/06/11 (BST)
m_wood
m_wood
04:36 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wanted it capped because its boring kid, and my comments are not bitter, ignorrant and misguided. im entitled to my opinion in case you didnt realise this

And please dont make comments on Forest when you know nothing about Forest. And making comments about Billy Davis when you know nothing about him.Ignorance.

Billy Davis was a great manager for Nottingham Forest. 2 seasons and finished in the playoffs both seasons. He also finished in the playoffs with Preston AND Dirty Derby and got them promoted. He was more than likely sacked due to his straining relationship with the board about transfers yes thats right, we dont have Billionaire owners who buy players like Albert Riera and Aquiliani and dont use the talent.

And Steve McClaren could be a superb appointment. Sure hes remembered in England for his England time. You seem to forget his success with Middlesbro getting them to the Uefa Cup final, and winning the Dutch League, a team that had never won the League before, so it would be a quality appointment, your hardly one to talk with Roy Hodgson

And if we get Steve then great and I dont mind him speaking to Fergie for tips, he clearly would wanna talk to a Winner and the greatest British Manager of ALLL TIME
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:31 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The one thing which I find funny about you M_wood is this "kid" thing, you should be ashamed that this 'kid' knows more than you will ever know about football , and respects your club more than you clearly do.

Billy Davies is a shocking manager. Forest should not be aiming for playoff football. Same way Liverpool should not be aiming for champions league football.

There is only one thing in football worth aiming for and that is to win.

Forest should not sink themselves to small club mentality of looking to finish 6th and sneak into the premier league on an FA money spinner.

Davies was responsable for Derby being relegated with what? 9 points or something daft like that? :\. Paul Jewell was left with an absolute farce of a squad.

If you think being a great manager entails finishing in play off places for a club like Forest then you should be ashamed. Forest are above such things.

You speak of Roy Hodgson and our previous American owners. Did we Liverpool fans accept such mediocrity? No we hounded them both out of our great club, because they were not Liverpool standard, and we have more pride in our club than that.

Forest are one of the biggest clubs in the country, act like it man! Why are you sitting here revelling in the glory of a man who took Wolfsburg from champions league footie, to nearly relegated? A man who lost 4-0 in a UEFA final to Seville? A man who couldn't get Englands golden boys to a European Finals?

Poor Cloughie.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:38 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Also, look at Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Carlos Quieros, Roy Keane, and Steve Maclaren himself.

They all have 3 things in common.

All played or been a part in Man Uniteds set up under fergie.

All have in the past asked Fergie for advice.

All are poor/average managers at small clubs, with small club mentalities.

If I were Maclaren I'd go it alone. Not that he will of course.

Expect United reserve players to be playing on loan at Forest within the next few months.

If your lucky you might get Bebe.

Do you think Clough would have wanted or needed advice of Fergie? Nah he'd have told him where to shove it!

But I suppose the days of Brian Cloughs red, white army are well and truly over.

Now its more like Steve Maclarans Barmy Army *cringe*

"you've lost that lovin' feelin', now its gone! gone! gone! woahhhh." very apt.

Edited at 02:46 Mon 13/06/11 (BST)
m_wood
m_wood
05:50 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It does amuse me with your claims of wealth of football knowledge when clearly you live with rose tinted glasses

Who are YOU to say Billy is a shocking manager? Who are YOU to judge Forest? Who ARE you? lol

Makes me laugh how you think Billy is a shocking manager, and Steve McLaren for losing the Uefa Cup final, remind me why Roy Hodgson got Liverpool job, oh thats right, for losing the Europa League final.

Liverpool are aiming for 6th AT BEST. As for Forest, we aim for the Top6. We dont have financial backing, and we dont have 90million parachute payments unlike other teams. Do you not know anything about football? Forest were a big club, but us Forest fans have accepted that we arent a big club at present, like Leeds.. Liverpool dont accept this do they, they in rose tinted glasses as mentioned before. And Davies was not responsible for Derby 9 points. He was sacked by November/December. Thats plenty of months AND a transfer window for Jewell. But do i care? No. Becuase I hate Derby

So tell us all Mr Liverpool. Tell us what was so wrong with Gilette and Hicks? 200 million for players wasnt enough? A new stadium was never built? Awww, it was excuses hiding your poor seasons.

Edited at 03:01 Mon 13/06/11 (BST)
m_wood
m_wood
05:56 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If Steve McLaren comes to Forest, superb. He is a great manager who has achieved very well, and your judging him by 1 bad job as England coach. Very fickle.

As for Hughes, Ince, Bruce, Querios, Keane, have they had chances at the big clubs? No. Wheres all your former Liverpool players that are managers? Oh yeah, a MOTD Pundit and manager of Tranmere.

As for Uniteds reserves, I did see your quote about Pep Guardiola saying Liverpools acadamy is the only one that can compare with Barcas... and yet how many Players has that produced? hahahaha! 3,4, 5 if your lucky. United won the League in 96 with KIDS remember your alan hanson quote?

And what ship has never docked in Liverpool? yep you guessed it..

THE PREMIER SHIP
m_wood
m_wood
06:01 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:00 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't worry mate, I'm not biassed for Liverpool managers. I think Billie Davis is probably better than Roy Hodgson. Roy Hodgson is the worst manager to manage our great club since Graeme Souness. Probably worse.

As for aiming top 6 at best, your quite clearly wrong. Our owners have said we aim to be champions, not once, but for many years. Our aim is top. As it will always be at great clubs like Utd and Liverpool. To aim to be the best. We might not achieve it, and it is unacceptable if we don't. But we aim for the top.

As for Mr H+G where do you want me to start?

They came to Liverpool and said they would have a spade in the ground within 14 days. We still play at Anfield. No stadium is being built.

They promised to not put debt upon the club. We had a £300M debt on the club.

They went on US TV and said Liverpool profits would be spent on the Texas Rangers baseball club.

The owners son replied in an email to a Liverpool fan "Blow me f*** face" for voicing him his concerns.

Then to avoid being made to sell the club they appointed family members to high ranking positions so they would not be voted out of the club.

They were cowboys mate, it has nothing to do with transfer money. It has everything to do with the dangerous way they had leveraged Liverpool with debt.

We were in serious danger of being in unpayable levels of debt and going into admin.

We would be suspended by UEFA under the fair play rules coming out very soon under H+G.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:27 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The bitterness from you M_wood is rather disturbing by the way. Go and have a lie down.

I may be fiercely proud of Liverpool, but I congratulate United on being the best in England right now, I congratulate them on beating our long standing record.

All you do is snipe and whinge, man up lad and support your team, don't worry about Liverpool and United for now.

Don't worry about Dalglish and Alex ferguson.

Worry more about Peterboro and his Son.

Hope you can one day becoe that great club again. At the moment you are more bitter than the bitterest bitter.

I am not Judging Maclaren on one bad job, I also judge him for his time in Germany. Taking title winners with players like
Diego, Grafite, Friedrich, Josue, Dzeko Kjaer and nearly relegating them the season after! :\

I am sure you will have never heard of the majority of those players before of course - but let me assure you however those players would walk into any premier league squad.

Maclarens shambles of an effort there was worse than what he did at England by a long shot.

Anyway fella, good luck to you. I don't agree with anything you say it seems, and I think your a modern day plastic fan, but oh well. Even great clubs have the rogue ones.
m_wood
m_wood
17:14 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ive already told you Kop that I am not bitter. I have no problem with what Liverpool have won in the past and thats the point why I dont like Liverpool fans as all they talk about is the past when they used to win things in the past and sure they can aim for things, but they wont achieve the goals they set. Man Utd are better. Chelsea are better. City are better. They will be fighting Arsenal and Spurs and I dont see Liverpool winning any of those races, and thats my opinion. Liverpool wont win the League in the next 10 years.

And you talk about the Wolfsberg players that McClaren had yeah of course they would walk into squads in the Prem but would they start? Dzecko cant get into the City team, he wouldnt get in the Liverpool team, or any of the top 14 clubs teams.

And I am very happy Steve has now signed. Should be exciting times in the Championship next season, and dont run around making assumptions abouyt me kid, you know nothing about me And your 19, and talk about times when you wernt even born. Have you ever seen Liverpool win the League? No. And Liverpools highest position in the Prem, 2nd awww Forests was 3rd and that was in their first season in the Prem. Remember? When you then bought Collymore off us? Mmmmmmmmm
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
why do u people write paragraphs about all this do u not have better things to do?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:38 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i_am_blessed said:
why do u people write paragraphs about all this do u not have better things to do?

In todays world it is normal to talk to people and say more than 3 or 4 words, Some people when they talk to people have long conversasion, some times even debates (have i lost you yet?)
This is what is going on here, (yea ano it might be confusing seeing lots of words) I am sure if you sat down and read it you would understand what they are talking about, It is actually quite a good debate going on here (are you still reading up to here or is your head hurting?)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:47 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
Also, look at Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Carlos Quieros, Roy Keane, and Steve Maclaren himself.

Diego, Grafite, Friedrich, Josue, Dzeko Kjaer let me assure you those players would walk into any premier league squad.

Firstly, Steve Bruce is a quality manager, look at what hes done at Sunderland, Birmingham, Wigan.. For the time he was at Birmingham and Wigan they were decent teams, and hes at Sunderland now and they are a very good football team, hes worked wonders with smaller clubs.

Mark Hughes okay he was sacked by Man city, but so was Erikson, both good managers that in all fairness didn't really do that bad a job, but the owners expected more, Hughes done a great job with Blackburn who haven't been the same since hes left, done a decent job with Fulham, who aren't really anything special.

Roy Keane okay hasn't had the best of times, but look what he done in his first year in management, took Sunderland from bottom of the Championship to 1st in the same season, that was when he had control of his club not like at Ipswich

Carlos Queiros, fair enough not the best of managers, but a Former Real Madrid Manager and Portugal national team manager and hes only good enough to be Uniteds assistant...

As for those players, half of them you mentioned wouldn't walk into any premier league team, fair enough Dzeko but not the rest, being champions in Germany and England are different things.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:46 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
If Steve McLaren comes to Forest, superb. He is a great manager who has achieved very well, and your judging him by 1 bad job as England coach. Very fickle.

As for Hughes, Ince, Bruce, Querios, Keane, have they had chances at the big clubs? No. Wheres all your former Liverpool players that are managers? Oh yeah, a MOTD Pundit and manager of Tranmere.

As for Uniteds reserves, I did see your quote about Pep Guardiola saying Liverpools acadamy is the only one that can compare with Barcas... and yet how many Players has that produced? hahahaha! 3,4, 5 if your lucky. United won the League in 96 with KIDS remember your alan hanson quote?

And what ship has never docked in Liverpool? yep you guessed it..

THE PREMIER SHIP

this post thoroughly offends me

we have TWO MOTD pundits and they are the pride and joy of our club with out these two pundits we just simply would not survive as a club and a match of the day without one of these two would cause a blackhole
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:13 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Firsty, Edin Dzeko is a fantastic player, just look at his goalscoring record. He was wanted by Liverpool/Utd/Chelsea and City, and City got him by offering him inflated wages. If it wasn't for him Maclaren woud have relegated them.

I love my clubs history and will talk about it when I see fit, especialy in a debate about greatest managers of all time!

However I do agree with you that the debate is a little repetitive now, going over old ground and all.

So at the end of it we have come to a conclusion. I a Liverpool fan think a Liverpool manager was the best, and you a Liverpool hater disagree, and not only that, in a suprising twist Manc fans agree with you :O.

This is how it is however.

Paisley - despite your claims - is regarded as the best manager in terms of European Cups - Ever.

Ferguson is undoubtedly the greatest manager in terms of English league titles.

Though at the end of that, I would add Paisley in 9 years could never win 12 league titles, nor could he have won the 'premier league'. Which incidentally is a very stupid name.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:24 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
He was good in germany but hasn't really had a chance at man city, far too slow tho imo.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:36 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Dzeko should never have gone to City, he should have known (or maybe he did but ignored it for the wages) that he would be second fiddle behind Tevez.

If Tevez is sold though, Dzeko should be their number one striker.

The fella was a beast for Wolfsburg, and eventually his class will show - like that ladyboy Torres at Chelsea
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

united vs barca

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.