Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey. Not sure but i think this might be the first tennis thread on here lol

At the moment on telly now. federer and djokovic in sermi's.

Amazing standard of play from both. Trully a treat to watch.

Hope there are some tennis fans here.
Tie break for the first set now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Could have the beginings of one of the greatest matches of all time on our hands here.

The standard of both players game is that high
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:13 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
1 set to love federer

best set of tennis i've ever seen. Cumon people lol. Your missing something special here
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:59 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
^bit of an exaggeration. It's pretty good, but certainly not the best.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I can't wait for wimblebon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
^bit of an exaggeration. It's pretty good, but certainly not the best.

edit - just realised you meant the 1st set. it sure is 1 of the best i seen

Also glad i'm not the only tennis fan on here because i was strarting to think that lol.

Yeh im excited for wimbledon. Also loooking forwars to the warm up tourny queens.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Does not matter if federer wins this, he is physically/mentally useless against Nadal
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:16 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i do watch the odd tennis but not a huge fan, think i catch Wimbledon on TV sometimes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:49 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
max_is_back_ said:
Does not matter if federer wins this, he is physically/mentally useless against Nadal

I hope he does win(big federer fan), and if he does manage it and meets nadal again in the final he will have the knowledge that he beat a seemingly unbeatable player this year in novak and hopefully this will give him that extra oonf that he will def need against the king of clay. You should never count roger out. The mans a genius.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:39 Fri 3 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
great match!!!

Loved every second of it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:07 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Federer Greatest of all time.. Fact
But Rafa Nadal has a 16-9 h2h record against him, and a 6-2 h2h in grand slam finala against him, (Be 7-2 on sunday).
Does that make Nadal greatest of all time? No

Discuss..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:09 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
federer looks the best hes been 4 a while now and nadal doesnt seem as good as he was in previous french opens.

Yes nadal will be favourite but i think federer's enjoying his rare underdog title in the tourny. Should be a great match between the best 2 to ever grace the game(wasnt born 2 see borg and his generation and wasnt intrested in tennis in the sampras era).

I say federer is greater than nadal but somewhere in the back of my mind theres a tiny thought that nadal could be greater and i'm just trying my best to keep this thought imprisoned lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:26 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I seen federer play Nadal in Aussie open in 2009, Nadal had about 24 hours rest, after playing a 4 hour 51 games against another spaniard forgot his name. But him and federer played in the final and went to five sets another four hour game and federer choked in the last set.
In the french open in 2008 no federer fan will ever mention how Nadal hammered him 6-1,6-3,6-1 in like 90 mins in a final!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:36 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Think Federer will clinch it, he looks sharper than Nadal
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:25 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll take federer over nadal all time, regardless of their head to head record.
Every player has a negative record against someone, doesn't mean that other player is better overall.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:28 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
agreed seb i don't think murray has a great record against mardy fish but murray is certainly a better player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:33 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its a bit different when both these players have the "slam" won all four grand slams in years to come people be asking who was better, You will either go buy federer's grand slam title record or Nadal's record over Federer.
Put it this way if nadal was not about Federer would have had at least 22 grand slams by now, maybe done the calender slam a few times.
Could you say the same about Nadal if federer was not about? No

Tennis needed federer if not you would have had the likes of Hewitt, Roddick, Nalbanian, gonzales winning multiple slams.

I would love to see Federer win on sunday but just don't see it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:41 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, part of being the greatest is that you can clean everyone else out, not just one player. Quite simply federer has won more (just like Sampras did before). I personally will go with the Grand Slam stat, rather than a head to head record (pretty small sample to determine a career).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:52 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
atm federer is the greatest of all time. i dont think many would dispute that. I love federer but i know nadal is still only 25 n roger is 29 so theres still plenty of time for nadal to become the greatest but i hope tht title never goes to him.

1 good thing in rogers corner for the best ever title is novak djokovic. He seems like he can stop nadal now in a few of the slams so it will be much harder for him to catch roger on grand slam wins which i think is how people decide who was the greatest.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Sat 4 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If Federer finishes his career with lets say 18 grand slams and Nadal finishishes his with say 13 (bit optimistict that) people will look back and see they both won grand slams at exactly the same period of years, So how are they going to work out who is better? Federer's 2-6 (should be 2-7 tomorrow) record in grand slam finals to Nadal is awful.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

French open tennis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.