RIP Gary Speed

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wales football manager Gary Speed has died.

His death was confirmed in a statement by the Football Association of Wales.

The statement said: "We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family. We ask that everyone respects the family's privacy at this very sad time."

Speed took over the Wales job in February, and earlier this month, said the side's rapid improvement had exceeded all expectations.

RIP Gary, a top footballer, manager and fella.

Absolutely terrible news that is.

Edit: Nothing confirmed, but in the telegraph the police spokesman said a man was found hanged.

Awful.

Edited at 12:40 Sun 27/11/11 (GMT)
samj147
samj147
14:47 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's one of those were I have to read it twice and look it up because that is a shock. RIP...
cue_power
cue_power
14:48 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah he has committed suicide by way of hanging. Pretty grim stuff.

They are almost confident that there are no suspicious circumstances.

Sad day for his family, and a sad day for Wales. Was a brilliant player. Top 5 Welsh players in my opinion and not only because Wales only have 7 players...

Rest in peace Gazza!

Goes to prove, that money and the fame of being a footballer/manager can still make an individual so unhappy. Nobody should take happiness for granted.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:00 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Apparently he was suffering with nervous exhaustion.

Cheshire Police have confirmed he hanged himself.

RobbieSavage8Robbie Savage
He was upbeat on phone yesterday we were laughing together , talking football and dancing he was a great teammate and a great friend #RIP

RobbieSavage8Robbie Savage
He come to watch strictly 3/4 weeks ago I high fived him in the front row he loved the show ,he loved life he loved his family ! Devastated

He was on football focus yesterday laughing with Gary mac as well.

He leaves behind a wife and 2 kids, I just hope the media leave them alone to grieve.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can't beleive that i was shocked, Its one of them things were you think really? He was on strictly last week watching Savage.
RIP
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Tragic news, RIP Gary Speed.
pilbyjoel
pilbyjoel
15:41 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can't believe it. He was on football focus yesterday and I was watching him, seemed fine and everything was good. Very shocked at the news

RIP
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:17 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm gutted, as a Newcastle fan, I'm heartbroken, RIP Gary Speed, LEGEND!
samj147
samj147
17:27 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm still in shock. I find it so confusing, as people have said, he was growing to be a successful international manager and he had an ace career as a player. Didn't even seem slightly upset in these previous weeks...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He was on football focus just last night, it is weird to me!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:59 Mon 28 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hearing a lot of rumours that a "newspaper" were threatening Gary about revealing his sexuality. Apparently they gave him an ultimatum. Either admit to being gay, or they would splash it all over their front and back pages for him.
cue_power
cue_power
20:18 Mon 28 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Theres always one!

On the morning of his death, some chap who plays in the Wales U16 has a brother in the U21... etc etc...

The U16 guy I play with on Xbox... he said it was because of his "sexuality" but I didnt want to say it otherwise he basically died for nothing (if its true).

Would be such a tragic and harsh reason for a man who was clearly loved by everyone to take his life in the way he has because of his sexuality .

I think if this is the case, then the British Media needs to be ransacked and put into ruins.

Too much of this TOWIE crap, and OK magazine and all these phone hackings.

Surely enoughs enough. If the people stopped purchasing and promoting the media sources then they would crumble. We cant live like this!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Mon 28 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
well if that is true.. the press in england are scum...
The phone hacking was one thing but this?

I saw Sienna Miller talking about Journalists chasing her down a street and she said that she was being chased by about 8-10 men and because they were holding cameras it was legal?

So basically if you want to stalk/murder/attack someone and dont want anyone to get suspicious... Chase them down a road with a camera and your sorted... I mean thats ridiculous she has some point there!

But Back to topic, R.I.P Gary Speed... Huge loss for the game and the world.
tobo_
tobo_
22:39 Mon 28 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Really shocking, what a great great man. Will be truly missed. RIP <3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:05 Mon 28 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The gutter press in England are fed by those who purchase their tittle tattel.

If people stopped purchasing these rags such as The S*n, The Star, The Mirror, The Mail, then these "journalists" wouldn't be needed.

Journalists are under huge pressure to get a story, and as a result will sink as low as possible to get one.

It isn't just Gary Speed, it is everyday people who are pestered to gain a story.

Of course this is all hypothetical, and just rumour at this stage, but I guarantee these rags will be ringing close friends and family of Speed as I type this, trying to get a story out of them, while they try and grieve.

That is the animal we have created in this country, where we are obsessed with other peoples news.
mich
mich
19:57 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Derry... I have also heard he was gay and was being bribed by a newspaper to come out himself or they would splash it over the front and back page of their paper.

Now not sure on the paper but would have a guess at the S** or the mirror, but to take your life of something like this, if this is the reason is sad.

It is sad anyway as there is always help out there, thoughts are with his family, R.I.P.
m_wood
m_wood
20:41 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
RIP Gary Speed, Football Legend
Over 500 Premier League appearences, only 2 other players have achieved this feat. Top player. Top Gent of the game, and very handsome of course. I remember listening to the radio when he played for Leeds. Total shock and hard to understand. Doing a great job with Wales recently turning them around. Leaves behind a wife and 2 children
RIP Gary Speed.

(Think speculation and rumour should be on another thread)
m_wood
m_wood
20:49 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Forest Vs Leeds tonight. I am about to go.

1 Minutes applause before the game, and apprently the Leeds fans are going to sing theres only one Gary Speed for 11 minutes, or on the 11th minute, in memory of their player. Going to be a strange atmasphere. RIP
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
RIP Gary Speed. Football will miss you!

ecwwwe
ecwwwe
22:34 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
RIP Gary Speed, footballing legend, had a very bright future ahead of him as a manager.

If he did do it because of the rumours about him being gay, then its very tragic and needs to be stopped now.

RIP
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

RIP Gary Speed

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.