Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Everything Football (results and reactions 3)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:25 Thu 27 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting- so they find Terry guilty (fine by me), yet only give him a 4 match ban, as opposed to the 8 match ban that Suarez got for what I'm guessing is the same violation...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:33 Thu 27 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting- so they find Terry guilty (fine by me), yet only give him a 4 match ban, as opposed to the 8 match ban that Suarez got for what I'm guessing is the same violation...

Its because hes british
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:35 Thu 27 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah. Without having read anything, that's what it appears like to me too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:44 Thu 27 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Was always going to happen tho Seb. The FA always go light on the players that are english, unless its joey barton as hes a thug
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Easy to punish pesky South Americans, a lot harder to make an example out of captain Lion heart himself.

How many black and Asian minorities members do the FA have on their books?

Very very few.

It is the FA that is fundamentally racist.

Was always going to happen tho Seb. The FA always go light on the players that are english, unless its joey barton as hes a thug

Thug Joey might be, but he's a lot brighter than that gormless cretin 'JT'
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:50 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Did ya see Joeys tweets bout it yesterday?

I agree 100% with what he as said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Joey is twitter gold.

Interesting how the FA see their role in stamping out racism and dishing out punishment.

According to them the word negro is twice as offensive as effing black c*nt.

Every day that goes by, their credibility goes down a little further.

The media have also played a blinder. Ollie Holt who still demonises Suarez and called for him to leave England last season wrote this in The Mirror:

It is worth pointing out here that even though it is easy to demonise Terry, even though he will be rightly pilloried for his actions, he has many redeeming features.

He has made plenty of mistakes in his life, but he is not a monster. Far from it.

He is generous.

He is courageous and bold on the pitch.

He is a loving father to his children.

Hahahaha

It goes on

"Terry values his friendships with men like Ashley Cole and Bobby Zamora and they have been fiercely loyal to him."

He can't be racist he has black friends! What a guy. Lay off him!

I really do not know whether to laugh or cry. Stupid cockney press.

Don't remember Suarez getting such praise for being a loving father, and he's not slept around with players wives either, or laughed at the 9/11 twin towers disaster in the faces of Americans ...

The true racists that I have talked about all year (the FA and the Media) are showing their true colours now. White.

Edited at 15:03 Fri 28/09/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Let's play spot the difference:

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Ones got alan pardew on and other got steve kean on
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:14 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Look! It's the Ryder Cup!!

But yeah, odd set of punishments. One gets 40k fine and 8 games. The other gets 220k and 4 games.
Surely the same punishment should be handed out for the same crime? I haven't read the FA's ruling yet- have they even released it?
cue_power
cue_power
20:30 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
All this negativity towards Englands most successful player/captain.

All these abusive words and taunting relating to Terry, its irony got mad.

Totally bias and jealous comments being made.

If a court of law finds him not guilty, then he is not guilty. But the FA feel the need to step in because of the likes of Liverpools fans using this thread feel violated and mistreated.

Supporting Liverpool automatically gives you a disease of feeling mistreated and hard done by.

Liverpool are the most successful club in the world for being mistreated. If only Liverpool were as good at football as their fans and club is at wingeing and moaning all the time about one thing or another. Do they ever stop? 18 Years I can remember and they are still giving it large.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:36 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If a court of law finds him not guilty, then he is not guilty. But the FA feel the need to step in
Not quite. The courts simply said there was not enough evidence to convict him by law. That doesn't mean he didn't racially abuse Ferdinand. That's why the FA was able to pursue the case- their burden of proof is much lower.
If the courts had said Terry definitely didn't racially abuse him, there would've been no further punishment from the FA- in the FA statutes it says that court findings are accepted as true.

Let's be honest- "I only said these things to repeat them back because I was surprised" is just as bad and excuse as "In Spanish that's not an insult".
cue_power
cue_power
21:30 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Guilty or not, John Terry is an England legend and done his duty for his club and country.

He sleeps with women, like woah! Omg, your only one of the highest earning footballers in the world and your sleeping with women. Pfft.

Then he allegedly abuses Anton, not being funny have you watch the Road to Europe of whatever its called, John Terry has so much love for Drogba, Cole, Essien, Di Matteo... Hasslebaink. Is he racist no. Is he guilty, no, does it matter? No. Do you actually care what punishment he serves? No.

I cant comprehend how sad a persons life must be to constantly try hate things, people and always feel hard done by.

Meeh. I still like Gerrard & Rio even though one of them is a Joey Barton and the other a crack addict. Ooooshh
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:36 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Whether he's an England legend or not means absolutely nothing to this. When it comes to punishments, every player- whether he's England captain or not is only a player and should be judged equally.

If he is judged to have racially abused Ferdinand, then he deserves the same punishment that others with the same offense get. For example, Suarez got 8 games for racially abusing Evra.

Does this make Suarez or Terry racists? Not necessarily. Only they know that. But racial abuse was (according to the FA) committed by both. So why punish one with 8 games and the other with 4? If he's guilty, Terry deserves the 8 as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:45 Fri 28 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Supporting Liverpool automatically gives you a disease of feeling mistreated and hard done by.

Funny, because it seems you also have this illness. Trying to argue that JT is being hard done by for getting a few games off and a weeks fine for saying "effing black c*nt"

It is hardly as noble a cause as defending the innocent victims of Britains biggest sporting disaster from the lies and slander from the countries police and media while pushing for justice of those said innocent victims, that I think you refer to.

Back into JT, I fail to see how that is Liverpools fault? I'm sure QPR fans and the threat of legal action from the Ferdinand family probably had more of a hand in it. Or maybe it was the FA's interest in fairness and fair play?

Carry on blaming Liverpool though by all means.

For the record I'm not jealous of JT. We have our own ageing problem in Jamie Carragher to worry about. At least he behaves himself on and off the field though, with his extra curricular activities being more charity than adultery.

Jealous a little of Utds success I must admit though, only they can claim to have more league medals.

Edited at 18:48 Fri 28/09/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Sat 29 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Rumour is that it is because Luis said Negro 7 times to Evra, yet Terry only said what he did once in the game.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:30 Sat 29 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That would be silly. Racial abuse is racial abuse!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:17 Sat 29 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Welcome to the England FA's world.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:57 Sun 30 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Good to see racist terry found guilty although should have been fined more

To utter the words he did because of the colour of a persons skin is nothing short of disgusting

hate the racist with a passion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sun 30 Sep 12 (BST)  [Link]  
1-0 Go Derby :D
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Everything Football (results and reactions 3)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.