Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So.. we all looking forward to it?

Ceremony is tonight, but football is already underway!

Anybody watch UAE yesterday? Imo, they were brilliant, played well, so mobile!

Also, Team GB's draw vs senegal yesterday?

Should of had a penalty, but most of the team are from england, so likely wouldn't have gone in anyway..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:37 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We can talk about why should I happened but the bottom line was we wasn't good enough, yes they were rough and possibly a few more cards could of been handed out but really to me it's typical of squads in britain we were never going to win, republic of Ireland squad itself would of shown a lot more heart and passion,

Looking forward to Saturday and cavendish in the road race, also looking forward to dai Greene in the 400 metre hurdles, some great medal prospects especially in swimming, gymnastics and cycling should be a great games most of all I'm looking forward to the highly anticipated duel between Dayron Robles and liu Xiang in the 110 metre hurdles I think it will be closer than the 100 metre sprint :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Okay...

English players have the skill and the talent, but your right, they aren't passionate enough to give their all.

In Britain, football is too much about money!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:42 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
haha then again matty, the Irish displays at the Euros had the heart and passion of a spoon...

I wanna see some dressage wooooooooooooooooop!!!
Just kidding, dressage is the worst thing ever invented.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:55 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
My sister is going to the dressage...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:58 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I have nothing against horses- I'm no horse hater. I like the events where they at least do the jumps and I also like the big races.
But dressage is just......how can I describe this..... it's against my religion lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:28 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Hahahahah
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On a more sober note, im totally not bothered about the Olympics.....apart from the 100m final OFC, i mean.....3 BILLION people watched that in Beijing......3 BILLION ffs thats mental
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I personally hate the fact that professional football is taking place at the Olympics. These millionaires taking the limelight away from those who have trained all their lives for this event.

The Olympics are supposed to be the pinnacle of a career, yet athletes are being overshadowed by footballers treating it as a pre season warm up. Who cares? It's less important to me than the archery.

Nothing against football being in there, just against it being professional players taking part and all the media attention it is receiving.

Football overkill.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:30 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, football shouldn't be in there, since the Olympics is simply not a major event for the sport. But money talks in this case.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:37 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Throw Tennis in that category as well. And Golf when it comes in!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:40 Fri 27 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, although players do take tennis quite seriously!
For many people, the greatest feat ever achieved in tennis was Steffi Graf's "golden slam" when she won all 4 grand slams and the olympics in the same year.

Federer and others have said it's one of their greatest feats too. But compared to athletics or swimming of course, it's worth less.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Who cares..........

Proud to be British today
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:53 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Brillianttttt!!

Can't beat mr. bean!
adam_147
adam_147
02:35 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The Chinese flag bearer was about 19 feet tall... was like 3 of me stood on each others' shoulders!
m_wood
m_wood
04:03 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That opening ceremony was outstanding

Watched it all the way. Absolutely brilliant. Loved the opening bit with the history of britain to the rings being lit via the revolution industrialists, that was awesome

James Bond and The Queen, brilliant... Mr Bean was fantastic

Had to be Sir Steve Redgrave for the torch, and that torch coming together was phenomenal. Fantastic Job.

adam_147
adam_147
04:06 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Did they not ask you to be one of the people carrying a torch woody? You would think they would know people's reputations at online snooker really . Just wait till we get funky in the olympics .

The server will crash probably...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:11 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Overall not bad, perhaps on par with the Beijing opening ceremony. Paul McCartney was awful though!

We could have done a lot more with the modern era section rather than just having parties and facebook. I would have liked to have seen more about the multicultural aspect of Britain.

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales were neglected throughout I thought. I was expecting bagpipes at some point.
adam_147
adam_147
05:06 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We are called team GB... that's northern Ireland neglected straight away.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Overall not bad, perhaps on par with the Beijing opening ceremony. Paul McCartney was awful though!

We could have done a lot more with the modern era section rather than just having parties and facebook. I would have liked to have seen more about the multicultural aspect of Britain.

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales were neglected throughout I thought. I was expecting bagpipes at some point.

If you would like a Welshman's point of view, I genuinely didn't notice :)

Maybe I just felt at home with the farmish atmosphere at the beginning
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Olympic Talk

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.