Olympic Talk

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:20 Sat 28 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
one thing I don't like, how Wales is a part of Britain, yet where are we on that flag?

Posted Image

Why not something like this?

Posted Image

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:21 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yh but if you think about it wouldnt look right
m_wood
m_wood
03:58 Mon 30 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Stuff Wales As for opening ceremony not featuring Scotland/Wales/Norn Iron much well... the Olympics were awarded to London, not Great Britain. Besides there were singers in the opening segment of the Ceremony... anyway moving on

TEAM Gb winning their first medals on Day 2 in the Female Bike race and Nottinghamshires very own Becky Adlington in the swimming

Loving the Olympics, its great! Sad news that Paula Radcliffe has been ruled out though, she wouldnt of won a Medal but would of been nice to see her running in her home games.

Michael Phelps, the greatest swimmer of all time time got his 17th Olympic Medal also after USA surprisingly lost in the 4x100 freestyle relay.. only needs 2 more medals to be the Greatst Olympian Ever

Oh and Beth Tweddle was amazing also!!!!!!

Edited at 01:07 Mon 30/07/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:33 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The mens gymnastics were good, the mens sync diving was awfull and mark carvadish should have done better, left it way to late, but i am enjoying the olympics, mostly all the events are interesting
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:35 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I watched the sync diving. The commentators here were saying it was an excellent standard?!
adam_147
adam_147
02:36 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On the country thing, it annoys me that we compete as GB when Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain... .
m_wood
m_wood
02:44 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Loving the Olympics! Mens Gymnasts were fantastic, some of the stuff in their and to get the first Medal in like 100 years, fantastic stuff!!!

I also loved Beach Volleyball Team GB vs Brazil that was cracking and looked sooo much fun!!! And the announcer plays music all the way through between points and gets the crowd really involved and some of the rallys in it were fantastic loved it!!!
adam_147
adam_147
02:48 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There is a picture of my cousin in the official programme! Claim to fame .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:05 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I watched some indoor vollybal yesterday, that was alright. Love tale tennis so i'v watched quite a bit of that, the archery has been okay also. Really enjoying it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:38 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Watching the swimming has been fun. Watched the gymnastics today too. The Olympics are essentially 2 weeks where I don't go outside ever.

But I'm going to the basketball tomorrow! Come on GB!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:57 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Stuff Wales As for opening ceremony not featuring Scotland/Wales/Norn Iron much well... the Olympics were awarded to London, not Great Britain. Besides there were singers in the opening segment of the Ceremony... anyway moving on

TEAM Gb winning their first medals on Day 2 in the Female Bike race and Nottinghamshires very own Becky Adlington in the swimming

Loving the Olympics, its great! Sad news that Paula Radcliffe has been ruled out though, she wouldnt of won a Medal but would of been nice to see her running in her home games.

Michael Phelps, the greatest swimmer of all time time got his 17th Olympic Medal also after USA surprisingly lost in the 4x100 freestyle relay.. only needs 2 more medals to be the Greatst Olympian Ever

Oh and Beth Tweddle was amazing also!!!!!!

Edited at 01:07 Mon 30/07/12 (BST)

You do know Becky Adlington Supports the mighty Rams
m_wood
m_wood
17:12 Tue 31 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Which makes her Bronze Medal even more special coz now she has something good in her life

Oh and great stuff by Zoe Smith in the weight lifting yesterday. She got the British Record! Theres so much going on to keep across it all crikey!
m_wood
m_wood
17:02 Wed 1 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
FIRST GOLD MEDAL FOR GREAT BRITAIN!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Wed 1 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
SECOND GOLD MEDAL FOR GREAT BRITAIN!!!!!!!!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:37 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hahahaha I just realized that Suarez played for Uruguay in the Olympics! A fine representative of the olympic spirit lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:46 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeap - so many people screaming "boo!"

Which made my screaming for "boobs!" slightly less conspicuous!
m_wood
m_wood
16:47 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And Uraguay are OUT after Team GB Beat them 1-0! Team GB through to the Quarter Finals... during the National Anthem of Uruguay everyone was singing along nicely and showing respect to the anthem, but then Luis Suaraz face came up on screen and the crowd booed him during the anthem. Luis Suarez had this to say..

: "I think they jeer me and they boo me here because they must be scared of facing a player like me. They fear me, but that doesn't affect me."

No mate. Its coz you were found guilty of racism LOL

Andy Murray through to the Semi Final of the Olympcs too so he will deffo have a chance to play for a medal

And get in there Gemma Gibbons through to the Under 78kh Judo Semi Final! She won the last 16 match with 3 seconds to go! And won the QF with 10 seconds to go! Go on Gemma!
m_wood
m_wood
18:07 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Gemma Gibbons through to the Olympic Final!!!!! The Final at 4pm!! Guarenteed Silver Medal so will be the first Great Britain Medalist in Judo for 12 years!!!

m_wood
m_wood
18:38 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
THIRD GOLD MEDAL FOR GREAT BRITAIN!!!!

Peter Wilson in the shooting
m_wood
m_wood
18:52 Thu 2 Aug 12 (BST)  [Link]  
FOURTH GOLD MEDAL!!!!!!! HAHA!!!

Gold AND Silver in the Canoeing!!!!!! Beating the greatest Canoeists of all time who finished 3rd!!!!!!
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Olympic Talk

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.