thats same as me mozza!!
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
18:18 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i downloaded opra and works fine
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
whats opra?? ive been off since last monday and still cant get on..
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
19:24 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
whats opra?? ive been off since last monday and still cant get on..

internet browser jave dosnt work on crome noo more
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not massively pc literate so I tried downloading version 8, update 31, still doesnt work, I am getting a message "a plug-in is required"

What browser you on mate? I have the same one and works fine on Opera and Torch.

Ive tried Opera and didn't work.
I'm on Mozilla Firefox
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:04 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not massively pc literate so I tried downloading version 8, update 31, still doesnt work, I am getting a message "a plug-in is required"

What browser you on mate? I have the same one and works fine on Opera and Torch.

Mozila Firefox, still not working, getting a message "a plug-in is required"
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:24 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Tried ticking it on Java Options to allow Firefox mate? If not try Torch see if it works. If not you could roll back to Java 7 but i'm on same java as you and not blocked me access
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
21:58 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

If you look at the top left hand corner of the browser search bar on the game window when it opens you should see a small blue plug in icon, if you click on it you will see an option saying 'allow java plug in' click on that and it will work.
oobujoobu
oobujoobu
22:33 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm having the same problem as some others on Chrome - It takes several minutes for the game to load, and if I happen to minimize the screen at any point it then freezes for several more minute before working again.

I've downloaded Firefox as per the advice, and clicked on the icons as mentioned above to allow Java, yet it does exactly the same thing as in Chrome i.e. it works eventually but you have to wait forever and don't even dare think about minimizing/restoring!

Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Java, even tried a system restore but Windows had trouble completing that so that was aborted.

Been playing this game for several years but very reluctantly might have to think of something else to do to waste away the hours
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:49 Tue 28 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would try every browser (Firefox, Torch, Opera) and fairly sure theres more out there too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:34 Wed 29 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
how do u know what java ur using??
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:16 Wed 29 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Normally you can go to help center and can tell you there but its blocked for me since i'm not on new java. You can check in Control Panel in Programs list too
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
20:00 Wed 29 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i am on chrome and have the latest java...no problems at at all after enabling npapi..apart from it takes 6 seconds to load the table rather than 3

i recommend Opera to those still having issues..it works fine there too..

firefox should be roadkill
roxbury_100
roxbury_100
03:10 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, I've tried everything I can, even installed Opera, and still can't get it to work
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
10:47 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, I've tried everything I can, even installed Opera, and still can't get it to work

Rolled back java?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:49 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
its ridicolous noone should have these problems!!!
fragmented
fragmented
16:18 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I started this thread and was as stuck as you seem to be

I tried the other browsers without success but found that if I uninstalled the latest version of Java and reinstalled version 7 it worked with chrome and has been ok since
genius_break
genius_break
21:58 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For those still stuck, as some people have mentioned one way to fix it is to uninstall your current Java and reinstall one of the older ones.

Here is the link to the Java archives: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

Make sure to download "Java SE Runtime Environment"
I downloaded Java SE Runtime Environment 8u25 and can confirm it works as normal and has fixed the problem. I have not tried 8u30, if anyone tries it and can verify that works to.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:03 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For those still stuck, as some people have mentioned one way to fix it is to uninstall your current Java and reinstall one of the older ones.

Here is the link to the Java archives: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

I downloaded Java SE Runtime Environment 8u25 and can confirm it works as normal and has fixed the problem. I have not tried 8u30, if anyone tries it and can verify that works to.

I'm on 8u31 so 30 works too
genius_break
genius_break
22:12 Thu 30 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I'm on 8u31 so 30 works too

Thanks for the info, I might upgrade mine to that too
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

java - again

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.