java - again

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
fragmented
fragmented
17:55 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The new Java download says that as from 2015 it may not work with Chrome - and it doesn't seen to, with me anyway.............

Anyone else locked out due to this.

I don't have great computer skills and again I'm flustrated with trying to get Java to work when they 'update' it.

Removed old versions
It tells me I have the current version etc etc
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
From Pool:

To get java plugin working again if you are using the chrome browser.

In your URL bar, enter:
chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
Click the Relaunch button that now appears at the bottom of the configuration page.

Chrome is now blocking Java by default, you can use the above fix temporarily but it will be completely disabled later in the year. Otherwise you'll have to use an alternative browser from now on
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
18:43 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The new Java download says that as from 2015 it may not work with Chrome - and it doesn't seen to, with me anyway.............

Anyone else locked out due to this.

I don't have great computer skills and again I'm flustrated with trying to get Java to work when they 'update' it.

Removed old versions
It tells me I have the current version etc etc

From the sound of it, any kind of solution is/was temporary anyway so it looks like you will have to bite the bullet and download a new browser, if not right now then certainly eventually, chrome isn't very compatible with a lot of programs and I've always found it to be a pain in the butt. I'd recomend firefox, if you go to the mozilla firefox homepage you can download the newest version very easily and once it's up and running it will ask you if you would like to import your browser history etc from your old browser, click yes and you won't lose any of your saved searches and what not. Then go to start, control panel, programs/uninstall a program, find chrome and uninstall it, then you don't have too much memory being used on browsers. If it's a new browser it usually asks you the first time you use a prgram requiring java if you would like to allow it, but everything that needs to be done is incredibly simple and easy so you should be fine.
fragmented
fragmented
21:15 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Doing - chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

gets me back but it takes forever to load the table page and is unplayable with what I would descibe as lag.

Back on the Java verification page I gat the broken jigsaw piece which says it needs my permission to run

Edited at 18:20 Thu 16/04/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:49 Thu 16 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
All i can say is switch to Firefox or Opera, Last problem i had with Java was the Sites fault but in this case its Java and Googles and had no problem since, i haven't upgraded either to new java.

When i went to check Java it said pop up saying blocked but i could still log in (got it on Medium and Funkys in Exception).

Java 8 Update 31 i have
fragmented
fragmented
14:47 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Have reinstalled seven and it seems to be working ok
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
16:10 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
With the npapi enabled mine is working absolutely fine on chrome..no lag or load problems..

but it may be just as easy to download opera or firefox..imo opera is the better and least annoying of the two.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
17:34 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The problem with reinstalling older versions of java is that as sites and programs are updated to suit the newest versions of java, the older versions become security risks and could end up screwing up eventually anyway. You really should get another browser!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:35 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I really need some help before I throw laptop through window without opening !
I have tried downloading IE, Mozzila Firefox, Opera, and various other browsers and still doesn't work.
I have also tried enabling the #chromenpapi thing and this didn't work.

Losing patience !
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:55 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have tried downloading IE, Mozzila Firefox, Opera, and various other browsers and still doesn't work.

Losing patience !

Have you rolled back Java?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:05 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What does rolled back mean ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:09 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Losing patience !

Have you rolled back Java?

What does rolled back mean ?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:23 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Means if your on Newest Java or anything past Java 8 Update 31 then you need to downgrade to at least Java 8 Update 31 or Java 7.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:44 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How do I install older java 7 or 8, when I update it always updates the newest/latest version?
budweiser
budweiser
13:03 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
How do I install older java 7 or 8, when I update it always updates the newest/latest version?

Delete latest java update from add/remove programs and it should work!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:45 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks I will try that
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:48 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Also on another Java thread theres a link to Java 7 you can use to download
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:01 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not massively pc literate so I tried downloading version 8, update 31, still doesnt work, I am getting a message "a plug-in is required"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:05 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
This is so frustarting !!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:21 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not massively pc literate so I tried downloading version 8, update 31, still doesnt work, I am getting a message "a plug-in is required"

What browser you on mate? I have the same one and works fine on Opera and Torch.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

java - again

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.