Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
revenge
revenge
Admin
13:46 Sun 27 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm old fasioned, i still like to see a few englishmen in the starting 11, even if its just 2, its nice that way, i don't see the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona fielding a team without a spanish player. Its just an example. However the game has changed now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Sun 27 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
thank you for respecting me revenge its not all about who plays in ur team its the results mate.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Sun 27 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
arsenal need to play english players to stand any chance in the prem also they should be made to there a disgrace
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Sun 27 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
ok 2good its not about english players u duno wot ur on about matey!!
toontomh
toontomh
05:49 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
It is an English league remember, hence why a majority of the players should be English. Personally I think there should be a minimum amount of English/British players you have in your starting line up.

Something that got me laughing at Nufc v Arsenal was when the Arsenal 'fans' were leaving before the end of the game, instead of the chant being "Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio", in the same tune it was "Au Revoir Au Revoir Au Revoir"

Edited at 10:56 Mon 28/05/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:34 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Ye I agree toontomh, Bournmouth don't even no what a foreigner is.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:51 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lets be honest...

the premiership wouldnt be as good as it is now WITHOUT foreign players

DROGBA,RONALDO,CECH,FABREGAS,HENRY and BERBATOV just and few of the top class players that make the prem what it is today i know what your saying about the limit on players but then you risk watching boring football week in week out. I mean if they did restrict foreigners AND it worked then good but i personally dont think it would i like to watch match of the day knowing your going to see some world class players
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:15 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks very much force_1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:47 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yea force, i never said we shouldnt have any foreign players at all, i completely agree they make the premiersip a lot more excitin. just annoys me when clubs like chelsea n arsenal ruin young english players development by bringing in tooo many foreigners! prime examples are glen johnson, brilliant career ahead of him that chelsea slowed down if not ruined, scott parker, shaun wright phillips, ye hes playin a lot now, but he was one of the best in the prem when he left city but hes spent too long on the bench at chelsea.

Edited at 19:47 Mon 28/05/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:01 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
yea Boz_lad i can see where your coming form!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lets all blame roman abramovitch
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lmao Force_1
toontomh
toontomh
17:12 Mon 28 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, as Boz_lad said, I wasn't saying there should be no foreigners, but there should be a limit on how many you can have in your starting line up.

Yes, as has been said, the Premiership wouldn't be as exciting if it was all English players, but if it's an English Premiership, a majority of the players should be English in my view.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:31 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
to be honest, hardly no premiership teams have a full squad of english players and thats simply because they wouldnt have a good enough team if they did
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:33 Thu 31 May 07 (BST)  [Link]  
and even tho i support arsenal, unfortunatly i cant see us winning the premiership next season, i think it will be chelsea
toontomh
toontomh
14:03 Sat 2 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Worldsbest...No Premiership team has no foreigners, to be honest, I'd be surpirsed if there was a team that had only English players throughout the top 4 divisions in England.

Though it's not right to say they wouldn't have a good enough team if a premiership team only had English players. I know this would never happen, but imagine if a club consited of only players in the England national side, would they struggle in the Premiership? I don't think so.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:14 Sat 2 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
but every league in the world is like it, take la liga and serie a for example, ronaldinho zindane beckham ronaldo kaka trezeguet ( just a few from top of my head ), but theres hardly any spanish or italian players in most of the top divisions, i understand your point but, why change the excitement for a boring game?, yes it ruins english careers but it doesnt, if they have potential they could go to a low club like reading or newly promoted sunderland, they are guarenteed first team football and will improve, if they get like beckham rooney gerrard lampard ect. then they will go to big clubs and be guarenteed football.

the english premiership is great as it is, known as the best in the world, most exciting the pace of it is great notlike the italians!, if it was to change i honestly think the majority of the fans would turn to la liga, i wouldnt because im a die hard fan, id watch them even if they played there reserves as there first team squad for the season!.

arsenal to win the premiership?... in my opinion, no chance, i think it will be a battle of three hopefully just two man united and liverpool but i think it will be just the three if arsenal play anything like they did last season they lacked there fluent football, even as a man u fan i think when they are on form, thay can play the best football, this is how i think the top 10 will finish:

1.) manchester united
2.) liverpool
3.) chelsea
4.) arsenal
5.) bolton
6.) tottenham
7.) portsmouth
8.) reading
9.) man city
10.)sunderland
if they was anything like last season i think they will finish 10th, they was impressive and so was keane for his first ever managers job!, took them from bottom to top, or was it second from bottom?.
toontomh
toontomh
07:01 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
But that was in the Championship! To be honest, I can't see Sunderland breaking into the top half of the table!

My Top 10 would look similar, something like this:

1st = Man U
2nd = Liverpool
3rd = Chelsea
4th = Arsenal
5th = Spurs
6th = Bolton
7th = Everton
8th = Blackburn
9th = Portsmouth
10th = Aston Villa
11th = Reading
12th = Newcastle
13th = West Ham
14th = Boro
15th = Man City
16th = Sunderland
17th = Fulham
18th = Derby
19th = Birmingham
20th = Wigan

Edited at 14:27 Sun 3/06/07 (BST)
daveyftm
daveyftm
09:53 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
My table looks like this:

1st Man U
2nd Chelsea
3rd Liverpool
4th Spurs (If they can improve their away form)
5th Arsenal (4th if Spurs do not improve form)
6th Everton
7th Portsmouth
8th Aston Villa
9th Blackburn
10th Bolton
11th West Ham
12th Sunderland
13th Newcastle
14th Man City
15th Reading (2nd season syndrome)
16th Boro
17th Fulham