Arsenal to lose the Premiership Season 07-08

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:13 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
lol force Arsenal 6th whered u get that from mate completely wrong!
toontomh
toontomh
11:41 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Arsenal win the Premiership, where did you get that from? Now that is completely wrong!

Wouldn't be surprised if Force's prediction was right to be honest!

Edited at 16:42 Sun 3/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:10 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i think arsenal will just finish 4th, but they will have to improve with the likes of tottenham and bolton etc, it wont be easy for them
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:37 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
i wouldn't put arsenal sixth though, ok they had a bad season they'll finish forth maybe third depending on how there season gies and how good liverpool and chelsea are
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:49 Sun 3 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
if they keep henry then maybe got a chance at 4th but if he goes i wouldnt be suprised to see fabregas maybe a couple more leave and without them 2 in particular they will struggle
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:50 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
drunk_mate said:
ok 2good its not about english players u duno wot ur on about matey!!

yes i do liverpool suffer because of the foreign policy of rotating players and zonal marking which is fine and dandy in europe but not in the prem!
also in what way is arsenal helping our international team - it isnt. there a disgrace!

Edited by forum moderator fastboysam, at 00:48 Tue 5/06/07 (BST)
fastboysam
fastboysam
Admin
19:49 Mon 4 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Racism in any form is not tolerated 2good. The french are no exception!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:17 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Myabe this could be implemented into all newspapers....

Posted Image
toontomh
toontomh
12:36 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Would be a hard task when they used some teams!

Edited at 17:37 Tue 5/06/07 (BST)
hoodride
hoodride
15:09 Tue 5 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
'Arsenal to lose the Premiership Season 07-08'
nice
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:03 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
they will now henry has gone
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:06 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
drunk_mate said:
lol <b>daveyftm</b> i think you'll find one man dont make a 11 a side team

also i think u'll find henry made you single handedly finish 4th the last two seasons so obviously they can.

also where would liverpool be without stevie g and carragher

Edited at 14:06 Sat 23/06/07 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:32 Sat 23 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
"also i think u'll find henry made you single handedly finish 4th the last two seasons so obviously they can"

He may have done the season before but certainly not last season.

He missed more than half of last season and so did Van Persie but we still scored the 3rd highest goals in the league (1 behind Chelsea).

We'll prove all our doubters wrong, wenger will make a shrewd signing and all our doubters will be gobsmacked.

Wenger is a genius, im sure he's got something up his sleeve. He's not stupid, he wouldnt let the worlds best striker leave without thinking of possible replacements or players to buy.
toontomh
toontomh
05:22 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
You say he wouldn't let the worlds best striker leave without replacement.

How can you replace 'World's Best Striker'? Look at Newcastle, 7th one season, Shearer leaves, finish 14th or something stupid like that.

And though I agree with you to an extent about Henry not single-handedly making Arsenal finish 4th last season. Look how badly you did compared to your 'Normal Standards' with him only there half the season, so I wonder what it will be like without him for the whole season!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:11 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Your right, you cant replace the worlds best striker. I doubt there'll ever be another Henry and I doubt even more that if there was one we'd get him!

But using the funds we get I'm sure Wenger will unearth another gem of a player. Used money from selling wright to get anelka, used money from selling anelka to get henry,, used money from selling henry to get____.

We didn't have him for most of last season, yet we still did well, hammered most of our rivals home and away. Hopefully using the funds we can now get a striker who can put away chances, we look to be after Huntelaaar or babel. If we get a striker who can put away 30% of the chances we make we'd easily finish in the top 2.

I believe we'll be stronger than last year, much stronger. All all young players have more experience and we'll be adding to the squad. The likes of Fran Merida (Who's said to be better than Cesc) are coming through and will get games.

And we'll silence all our critics
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:18 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Last season we had our worst injury crisis for more than a decade.

Van Persie missed 5 months, he got 12 goals in theprem in the first half of the season, im sure he would have got more than 20 in the prem if he hadnt been injured.
Gallas missed 3 months, a world class defender likegallas missed 3 months out, and gilberto had to fill in at times.
Henry missed about 5 months, but since he wont be here this season we'll ignore his missed contribution.
Eboue and Clichy missed more than a month each.

Imagine if Rooney and Ronaldo had missed 5 months each for United this season, I doubt they'd be champions.
Look at how Chelsea were struggling w'out Terry and Cech even though their team is made of £500m.
If Carra and Gerrard missed 5 months each for Liverpool, I think they'd drop out of the top 4.

Gratning we dont have many injuries this season + our players have more experience+ we'll add to the squad and there'l be motivation to do well. Im sure they're sick of the criticism.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:05 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
Basically, sign a damn good striker.... like Liverpool are close to Fernando Torres. Yes i believe £16m is a bit of a poor deal on Arsenal's point seeing as they should of got from £20m to £23m. It is a bad move for Thierry.... look at Michael Owen. Has the time of his career at Liverpool, moves to Real Madrid for £8m, doesnt play and ends up virtually permanently injured at Newcastle (no offense to Newcastle fans, but look at your record in the past few seasons.)

I can just see him having a nightmare at Barcelona and being at a side like Bolton when he is 33 after having spells elsewhere.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:13 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
"and being at a side like Bolton"

Thats going a bit over the top surely.

Im sure Henry considered everything before moving, Im sure he knows that his age wont let him move again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
God think I've started a mass argument here! glad it not to nasty though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:13 Sun 24 Jun 07 (BST)  [Link]  
In response to tom:

shearer was good but never the worlds best so you cant compare really. Also shearer was a different type player and was never really blesssed with any skill. Look Henry will be a big miss for them and if i were an aresenal fan Id shoot myself (only joking) i wouldnt get my hopes up for next season your gonna struggle especially away from home. What you need is an english player in your team. top 10 at best for arsenal uefa cup spot probably should be your goal.

and also wenger might leave cos henry said thats why he left. i can see you doing a leeds!

o yeah how do i snip a quote????
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Arsenal to lose the Premiership Season 07-08

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.