Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
nick
nick
Admin
05:35 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Funkysnooker has been updated with a new layout to utilize abilities in the latest Java versions. The aim was for a cleaner look and feel with a more logical layout.

Other enhancement include better graphics for the cue, the shot cursor and the balls. The balls should also roll even smoother. Idle timeout has been upped to 20 minutes.

Your in-game saved option values were incompatible with this version and have therefore been reset to the default options.

You are able to revert the shot cursor, the colour scheme, and re-enable the first ball hit icon through the options.

Please note earlier Java clients are no longer supported, so please upgrade if this is the case. The latest Java version is v1.6.0_12 and has proved very stable for me and I would reccommend you upgrade to this version ( http://www.java.com ).

If you have problems updating Java please visit here or any problems related to new version please report here:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=5285
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:21 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Love the new layout Nick ... great work well done!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:45 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Awsome job nick mate!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:00 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Superb!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:03 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
On some shots i hear the noises and the score board changes when theres a pot but the balls stay in the same position as if it's frozen!

Edited at 14:07 Sat 21/03/09 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:02 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
i would like to congratulate nick as i think this new layout is brilliant and i love it
although i dont like the new shot cursor
its so hard to get used to

Edited at 16:09 Sat 21/03/09 (GMT)
toontomh
toontomh
10:11 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
mess said:

although i dont like the new shot cursor
its so hard to get used to

Did you read the introduction post? It can be changed back...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:24 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
sorry tom
didnt read that bit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
funkysnooker aint fun any more , it´s annoying
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:55 Sat 21 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
can you play without java?
i have installed java 6 update 12 but it goes very jerky and have-to been playing for a bit the screen crashes and i have to restart my browser.
tommy_90
tommy_90
06:11 Sun 22 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I really like the new layout, thank you very much!
147max
147max
07:18 Mon 23 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't like it not one bit, Have to change my break as you cant clip balls anymore. Poor idea. Bring back the old Funky Snooker which as that other person said it was fun

Edited at 13:23 Mon 23/03/09 (GMT)
osullivanr
osullivanr
16:55 Mon 23 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can only advice people to spend more time on the practice table and use the new aimer.
At first i was a bit sad about this new update, but i must say that that was an impulsive reaction. I missed shots I'd never miss, now I'm potting balls I would easily miss before.

And remember this gentlemen

Jan Colpaert said:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:32 Mon 23 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well said mate. Also, Nick has put a lot of time and effort into improving the site and gameplay and is doing a fantastic job. I think it is only common courtesy for people to respect this and put in a small amount of effort into adapting to the changes and not to just 'take the hump' based on a temporary loss of form. Those that have, are beginning to appreciate the benefits that have been gained.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
05:25 Tue 24 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
osullivanr said:
I can only advice people to spend more time on the practice table and use the new aimer.
At first i was a bit sad about this new update, but i must say that that was an impulsive reaction. I missed shots I'd never miss, now I'm potting balls I would easily miss before.

And remember this gentlemen

Jan Colpaert said:
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Stole my quote!!! And t was charles darwin btw

anyway, is there anyway to preference the screen size so it stays the same every time you log in?
osullivanr
osullivanr
09:52 Tue 24 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
buddytobud said:
I think it is only common courtesy for people to respect this and put in a small amount of effort into adapting to the changes and not to just 'take the hump' based on a temporary loss of form. Those that have, are beginning to appreciate the benefits that have been gained.

I'm one of those happy few I believe xD

Off topic, but it was my professor cytology who said that :P, I found translation googlin .

And i don't think the default thing has been implemented yet, but no doubt it will come tho.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:41 Wed 25 Mar 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
nice one nick, now ive got use to this update now, i have to say great work and it was a challenge getting it back
blutch
blutch
08:51 Mon 30 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Very nice update, Nick!

At first I thought I'd never get used to the new cursor, but I ended up liking it very much. I had to de-learn most of my aiming technique (cursor positioning), but in the end the new one is much more accurate and intuitive.

After around 1 hour of practicing, I even managed to hit a century in my very first frame since the update.

I am convinced all the negative feedback will fade away as the players will get used to the gameplay changes and will understand that it's really better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:59 Mon 30 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
blutch said:
After around 1 hour of practicing, I even managed to hit a century in my very first frame since the update.

Wow, takes some doing that, well done!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:01 Mon 30 Mar 09 (BST)  [Link]  
the hours are still behind after the clock change
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New game layout

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.