its a trial over there for now but if it works it could be a good league
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most don't last that long
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
17:08 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It is a seperate league you are right Seb. Chris did approach me though about making it part of the FCL
damee
damee
17:27 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I really don't see the need for any change like this. To be honest I don't see people having problems with a gap between the best clans and not. 99% of us (me included) just play in the clan league for the enjoyment of a decent competition which is well structured. If I got my ability to pick whoever I wanted removed, I would fold FSE in an instant.

Plus, having clans better than others can also mean players in the lower clans have a target of working their way into the bigger clans.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:48 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
unless your sean who stays in a lower clan for the challenge of kicking your *ahem*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:48 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
damee said:
I really don't see the need for any change like this. To be honest I don't see people having problems with a gap between the best clans and not. 99% of us (me included) just play in the clan league for the enjoyment of a decent competition which is well structured. If I got my ability to pick whoever I wanted removed, I would fold FSE in an instant.

Plus, having clans better than others can also mean players in the lower clans have a target of working their way into the bigger clans.

We all know that is just not gonna happen.

If it stays the way it is, it will end up like the SPL with 2 maybe 3 teams ALWAYS winning.

Is this really what we want? I dont, not at all, so i think maybe we should all try and work an idea out. Doesnt have to be right away, but within the next season would be perfect.

There has already been a few ideas, so smart people get here and give us some way of doing this.

I can almost guarantee that some of the lower teams will be frustrated that they cannot break through.

Yes we all know that Arcade is a luck box table, but on the Reg and Orig table's the skill really shows.
adam_147
adam_147
18:16 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What I would like to see is more 'scouting' for want of a better word. At the minute the only new players coming into the clan league are ones who sign up for new clans that are made and that then normally fold within 3 days, or get one season then vanish because they have too many new players who don't get their games played.

The thing I think would make the league grow in competition and standard is if the captains of established teams like FSE, D&C, Allstarz went out looking for new players, ie ones new to the game. They could then be brought in as non-playing members for a season while they get to know the people in the clan and can get experience playing those players. If they are spending time playing good players and learning then they should improve and this increases the number of players in the league who will know how to get games played. They can then either be brought into the main team or 'loaned' to another clan like you see in football.

I may be wrong but I don't see this happening at the moment. I would never have got involved in clans if it hadn't been for lee playing me in reg and on the back of an 87 break, i think, inviting me to Hustlers. I'm sure it's the same for other people out there.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:24 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
for me it was FSE vs Firm and then i wanted to make a clan which is as strong as them and i think i just about accomplished that

but yeah i agree with you.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:26 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep i was scouted for The Punishers! Coz i got to the final of an orig tourny and lost! can you imagine!

But yes Adam, really great idea, would love to see way more of this and this would prob help this situation
sarahh
sarahh
19:20 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
most the allstars players we bring in are new ppl to the clan scene
damee
damee
19:23 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What's the latest on these pre-season friendly games?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:28 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
im doing a draft as we speak in notepad, were still waiting for one more teamlist but they have until around 6 pm to get it in or we choose the first 9 on the teamsheet.

ill bring the pre games out between 6 and 8 pm on the website
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:39 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
still not got it yet, eating at the moment so if not sent in when im back fully ill use the first 9
damee
damee
00:35 Fri 24 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think we should be allowed a captain, co-captain and vice. I really could do with it like this, would be a great help
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:42 Fri 24 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Do you mean for subs?

The way we've handled it so far is that ideally, only captains and vices should sub. But if neither is online, the player in question can make the sub as well. That has occurred before and has always been counted, especially just before the deadline. As long as it doesn't happen all the time, it's not a problem.
damee
damee
00:46 Fri 24 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just generally really, plus with the plan in future for me to have FSE on both sites, would be handy to be 3 of us!

But for like the cases above, I do think a backup vice is required (remember FSE had to do this in a previous season because me and Jay were both abroad on holiday!)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:22 Fri 24 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
All clans are allowed to have 1 captain and 2 vice captains.
This is not mandatory.

As I explained above, subs should ideally be made by the captain/vice. If they are offline and a sub must be made, players may also sub (as long as it doesn't happen all the time).
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:56 Thu 8 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  

Things to decide after pre-season friendlies:

-Minimum frames for Golden Cue ("We'll take the minimum possible frames (40 this season) and make it roughly 60%.")
That was the result of our conversation on pages 87-89.
With the same amount of clans as last season, the minimum possible frames is again 40.
Clans play 5 league fixtures (x6 frames = 30) and are guaranteed at least 2 cup/plate fixtures (x5 frames = 10).

Since we decided to make the minimum frames for the Golden Cue roughly 60% of that, let's set the bar at 23 frames. This would mean a player has to play at least either 4 league fixtures or 3 league fixtures and a cup fixture.

Power frames will count as 2 this season to make it reachable for power players.

Open for discussion.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
17:42 Thu 8 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
All clans are allowed to have 1 captain and 2 vice captains.
This is not mandatory.

As I explained above, subs should ideally be made by the captain/vice. If they are offline and a sub must be made, players may also sub (as long as it doesn't happen all the time).

i think the only time i player can sub himself in is if the captain posts on the thread sayin so other than that subs should be done by captains or vice
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:46 Thu 8 Mar 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's how it is on pool. We don't see it as strictly as they do. If nobody is online and hard-to-find opponents happen to be online, players can post subs too. We just don't want it to become a regular occurrence.
Pages: 19394
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.