(IP Logged)
17:30 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So whats the actual plan Harry ?

shall be messaging you now
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:49 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Has the Golden Cue table been updated?
Yes, the Golden Cue is updated every single time a game is played. Same with all the tables. They're always live.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:52 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
so its allowed yeap?
Would each of these teams have separate captains? They would either need a captain each or I guess there could be a non-playing captain that leads all three clans.

Yes, we would have to organize the schedule so that the teams in question play each other first.
The normal transfer rules would of course apply to these clans as well, so I would say this should be ok.

But considering how difficult it is to keep a single clan running, I can't imagine this has much of a chance to be honest. Although all the best- the league could do with a few more teams.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:54 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
different captains, and thanks, will take work :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:44 Sun 29 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
thewhirlwind said:
PROSTITUTING MYSELF TIME!!!

Right, here we go, between now and 6pm Sunday night (29th April)...

WHICH EVER CLAN CAPTAIN OR VICE CAPTAIN DONATES THE HIGHEST SINGLE AMOUNT INTO MY CAMPAIGN AT www.virginmoneygiving.com/IanAlley WILL GET MY PERSONAL GUARANTEE THAT I WILL PLAY FOR THAT CLAN FOREVER MORE!

I get asked so often to join clans, but, as those who have asked will know, i've been very reluctant to, up to now...

Bidding closes at 6pm Sunday!

www.virginmoneygiving.com/IanAlley

15 MINUTES UNTIL TIME IS UP!

No clan has currently put a donation in since this idea went live, but several have and are considering!

Remember, if, in the next 15 minutes, a member of any clan donates into my charity campaign, I will join that clan and play for them FOREVER MORE!

www.virginmoneygiving.com/IanAlley
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:22 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
TWe don't actually have a tiebreaker, but I think damee suggested a season or two ago to make it whoever has the least defaults. But that could get awkward if two teams end up tied at the top this season lol.

yep never happened but if it did maybe do a fixture but pick 1 person for each game mode instead of 2? but thats 30 points possible so either that or could do a normal league but half points? so each type would be 3 frames (would be 27 points available unless you made power double due to 1 fixture).

just ideas off top of my head so not thought through well.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:25 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Options are either:

1. Some sort of a final- lots of formats possible.
2. a) The most frames won (with or without defaults?).
2. b) The fewest defaults
2. c) The higher placement on the bonus table
adam_147
adam_147
15:26 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
List all the players from the 2 clans alphabetically and whoever has the first player wins... .
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:27 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
List all the players from the 2 clans alphabetically and whoever has the first player wins... .
So _sting_ or __jayy__ would win
adam_147
adam_147
15:28 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Options are either:

1. Some sort of a final- lots of formats possible.
2. a) The most frames won (with or without defaults?).
2. b) The fewest defaults
2. c) The higher placement on the bonus table

Most frames won benefits FSE too much, fewest defaults benefits D&C/Vikings too much. I like the idea of a playoff personally, fairest way.
adam_147
adam_147
15:29 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

It's in the alphabet and _ isn't a letter, so they would be s and j .
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:30 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

whats weird is in chat room _ is always top but on leaderboards _ is always bottom wonder which one is right.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:30 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
This is a general discussion as well, not only for this season. It's good to have a tiebreaker in place.

I like the idea of the bonus table- it rewards risky play, similar to the money prize for highest break in real tournaments.

But other than that, some sort of a playoff seems like the most exciting way to do it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:31 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

whats weird is in chat room _ is always top but on leaderboards _ is always bottom wonder which one is right.
Try sorting on any table in google docs- it will send symbols to the top.

Now let's forget the ridiculous alphabet suggestion lol
adam_147
adam_147
15:34 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Only thing is bonus table is still too biased to teams with fewer defaults. You can win a default 6-0 if your opponent no shows but you can't get any halfs/cents/5s.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:35 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
True. Also, teams that get further in the cup have more games to get breaks.

How about a final with 1 player for each game type. 5 frames instead of 6, except power remains at 3 frames (to keep it odd).
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:36 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
if it did go to bonus league either D&C or FSE would win it as 2 points in it, surprisingly Vikings is in last place for that.

i think playoff is good but how do we do it? dunno if cup style would suit as your trying to find league winners so some sort of shortened league match?
adam_147
adam_147
15:39 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What seb said. Although I would suggest it simply being 1 point for the match win. That makes it best of 5 between the clans. On such a small number of frames, a 5-0 would basically end the contest.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:39 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
True. Also, teams that get further in the cup have more games to get breaks.

How about a final with 1 player for each game type. 5 frames instead of 6, except power remains at 3 frames (to keep it odd).

sounds good i was thinking that too.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:40 Tue 8 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Right. So a race to 3 in all game types, except race to 2 in power. 5 points overall.
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.