Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
cue_power
cue_power
12:59 Sun 29 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Well...

Raul Mierless is a good signing as he is so versatile but...

I think Lpool need a bit more depth in the squad too.

Even if it was players like Sturridge or people like Scott sinclair, Delph...Rodwell...

Just so then it can be mixed up a little. I just think Liverpool have too many gaps that over the next few months 'will' be exploited.

But they may prove me wrong!

Edited at 18:02 Sun 29/08/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:09 Sun 29 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i honestly think chelsea are gonna win the treble

they have a brilliant team and they dont spend big like city madrid etc

just keepin the same team as last season and makin a great start 6-0 6-0 2-0

i also think rangers will win the SPL

just dont think celtic have a good enuf team

but stokes will be a good signin for celtic
si123
si123
20:18 Sun 29 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
How much did it cost for them to get this team? Dont start on saying they are not spending big they have already done that andf to be honest what else would you expect with the amount of money poured into the team

Man City should be toping it in a season or 2 becuase they done exactly the same give them time to gel as a team and they will start to improve

Titles = Money - Money = Titles
cue_power
cue_power
01:41 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
This topic really frustrates me, Money wins titles <.

I disagree completely!

When Roman came and pumped funds into Chelsea he cleared £100m debt. You cant say that £100m isnt alot of money. If he then didnt buy any players, I cant see us winning the league. I dont think we would of been too far away as Chelsea had just had their best season finishing 3rd and beat each of the top 4 that season, getting more points than we have got off the big clubs since!

I do admit that it deffinately helped us in progressing, im not stupid but I dont think money wins titles.

Arsenal bought players like - Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljumberg, Wiltord and many more when they had their run of trophies, which everyone seemed to forget when Chelsea took over.

Man Utd bought - RV Nistelroy, Veron, Stam, Blanc, Rooney, Rio, Vidic etc

So Chelsea "buying" the league is such a hypocritical thing to say! It was pure jealousy by unsuccessful clubs and then ovbiously the big clubs as we were ruthless!

But you only have to look at Real Madrid, Benzema £40m Ronaldo £80m Kaka £60m and they lost to Lyon in the KO's and fell short domesticly too.
Intermilan/Juventus/AC all spend lots of money also and they lose out.

Chelsea have bought in the past, but not many signings recently!!
Next post..
cue_power
cue_power
02:16 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Omg...just wrote the most sickest thing ever....

I just got all the chelsea players signing dates, then all Utds...showing that chelsea have only bought 2 players in the last 2 years...

And then I have no room for another character...I then read through, press enter...and the stupid thing has logged me out and I lose it all, I try to go back and what not but its just gone, there is no undo or nothing what a piece of rubbish that is huh.

Basically all chelseas current squad is from like 2004-2006 with like malouda and anelka the 2 exceptions which were 07/jan08.

Then I said that City have spent loads and theyve not done nothing yet...

Also...City couldnt get messi to join, Barca accept, Messi rejects bcoz he doesnt play for money, he gets enough at barca...so whoever City can attract, will they even be able to beat Chelsea/Utd/Arsenal? I dont even think they could.

Players wont leave the spain/Barca/Madrid to join Chelsea/Utd so why City? Bcoz of £$£? No chance, Chelsea can offer more than enough and have solid form and chance.

Score 21 goals in the 3 home games b4 stoke on saturday...

scoring 29 goals in the last 5 prem games...which no1 has come close to (ever)...tripling 7 teams, doubling the rest! on the last 5 games...

And we havent even played that well this season and in 3 games we have 14 goals and not conceaded!

Meh im so annoyed it didnt post!

Edited for swearing

Edited by forum moderator baff, at 07:24 Mon 30/08/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:52 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Blackburn were the first team to buy the title, Chelsea were the second, and City will be the 3rd.

Whoever Ibramovich/Sheikh Mansour bought out would have/will win the title.
budweiser
budweiser
10:18 Mon 30 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
sunderland won a game!!! whats this world coming to a 90' minute penalty by Darren Bent....
cue_power
cue_power
03:16 Sun 12 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats not true at all Mike.

Man utd / Liverpool and Arsenal were spending more money than any other premiership club by a long way.

A long long way. If you go on wikipedia it shows that when each team won the league only 3 times its been by a team that hasnt spent the most money that year. Chelsea were one of those three years.

Man Utd have always bought the league, its silly saying they didnt when they were buying better players which ovbiously means at a higher cost. Liverpool have spent loads and loads and loads...

Never won the prem so it cant be bought. City will prove me right in time. Chelsea had structure when brining in new players.

City are doing a grand job atm eh? Blackpool are above them after 5 games. Need I say more?
cue_power
cue_power
03:19 Sun 12 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh yeah and I was going to post...

Thanks Rotherham! 3-0 up at half time and you let in 3 goals to draw 3-3 and ruin me for £600.

Dirty.

Good old Everton tho, and poor Petr Cech Conceads a goal after 640 minutes 12 games I think. Was going to get back his record too!

Blackpool was next so...Cleansheet probs and that'd been enough! Fuming when it went in, nice finish tho Scotty!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:41 Sun 19 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't wait for Newcastle to win the prem
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Sun 19 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Not the best display from us as per, but was quite impressed with our resilience looks as if the team is finally starting to pull together, let's hope so!
2hot2handle
2hot2handle
01:05 Mon 20 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
YAHHHHHHHHHHH unitttttttteeeeeeeedddddddddd wooooop

get in there berbie u legend pahaha
ecwwwe
ecwwwe
15:39 Tue 21 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree about City attempting to buy their way to the title, but what made me laugh was last season when they spent a good £200m? and didn't even get 4th! I remember all the City fans being very arrogant and saying they would win everything and yet they won nothing...again, and failed to qualify for the CL!

The difference is the manager. Hughes bought average players (bar Tevez) and City looked an average team.
Under Mancini they have bought better players and look a better team, but i would back Chelsea to win the lot over City because Chelsea play as a team, City are like Real Madrid - A team of individuals!

City tried their best to lure Kaka to the club by offering big money, but he realised they were small time and wanted to play for a big club, not a small club trying to make it big! Respect to him for that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:04 Wed 22 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Dutch league table of last saturday:
Posted Image

Next season champions league...picking up the 3points at Stamford Bridge.........

Up the FCG
cue_power
cue_power
00:50 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Chelsea (3) - (4) Newcastle

What a game!

I know everyone says it but, I expected to lose tonight.

I just think Bruma and Van Aanholt in defense is not strong enough against a prem side. Especially with no Essien or Mikel covering.

I wont take much away from Newcastle, they deserved it, but we did sort of give them the goals. Such poor defending.

First goal, the cross wasnt closed down, 20 seconds he was on the ball thinknig of crossing, then Van Aanholt let it run through.

Second goal was ovbiously the free-kick which was such a sloppy one to concead by Bruma.

The third goal, Ferreria's pass back...oh lord...was a shocker, good finish however.

Fourth goal was a set piece so..Alex though, defensive mistake by him.

Its hard to take positives out of losing, in the 90th minute after coming back from 3-1 down with only 10 men...not bcoz we had someone sent off...we had no subs and Kalou was subbed on then got injured and the Bennyoun got injured. So we played 40 minutes with 10 men and 3-1 down.

With McEachran, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Kakuta, Turnball, Sturridge...so it wasnt exactly easy. But when we got 3-3 it deserved extra time.

Positives tho, apart from freeing up some space between games are Anelka, honestly was superb tonight. Josh Mceachran was also great when he came on. 17 years of age and he changed the game.

Anelka / McEarchran / Alex....Played brilliant.

Good luck Newcs!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:05 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I love Newcastle I really do! Always bag money on them!

Surprise surprise Liverpool lost thou! With Roys negativity will we ever win?
2hot2handle
2hot2handle
02:14 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Newcastle are my bogey team the always let me down when i bet on them
cue_power
cue_power
03:42 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I backed Newcastle and the draw, call it w/e you like, but I love Chelsea but I just didnt think that defense would hold. I knew that Newc would be proper pumped up for it and Chelseas bench was poor, really poor.

When it went 2-1 Newc...they where 6/4 to win...So i put even more money on them and the draw...when it went 3-1 and we went down to 10 men...the draw was 7/1 so I was all over that like a rash.

I could only win, unless chelsea came back to win 4-3.

And when Paulo Ferriera hit that sweet volley edge of box and hit the post in the 89th minute...I didnt no whether to be happy that chelsea didnt take the win...or sad that we then conceaded...and lost.

Weird when you back against your team.

But yeah, silverwear is nice dont get me wrong.

But me personally, just like every other Chelsea fanatic out there... there is still that one elusive club throphy that keeps evading us each year.

My main man Terry even said he wont die a happy man without winning it... and I believe him

The quad isnt on now (shame) so I guess i'll have to settle for a measly treble.

Hah!

I think this year will be different somehow...

Seeing as the previous 4 years we have been in contention for the quad up until Xmas+... So this year we can actually focus.

I wouldnt mind losing the Fa cup game either. Ovbs I want to win...but we have to prioritise!

Just like to point out...I'd still love Chels if we got relegated
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:02 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Really don't know when to believe you Derry you seem to win every time there's a crazy result!

Anyway back to the topic, I'm sick of managers at Liverpool thinking our team has the depth and quality to field weakened teams, let's face it Carling Cup was our realistic chance at silverware this year and we're out of it already! ZzZzzZZzZZz
ecwwwe
ecwwwe
22:16 Thu 23 Sep 10 (BST)  [Link]  
top_dog said:
Really don't know when to believe you Derry you seem to win every time there's a crazy result!

Anyway back to the topic, I'm sick of managers at Liverpool thinking our team has the depth and quality to field weakened teams, let's face it Carling Cup was our realistic chance at silverware this year and we're out of it already! ZzZzzZZzZZz

+1 Considering Roy said it was his main target, he should have had cole, gerrard and torres on the bench just in case! Ah well, our season looks over already!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football Results and reactions (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.