(IP Logged)
16:04 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
why did points get taken away anyway.
nick
nick
Admin
16:48 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
this is making funky less enjoyable to be honest.

You appear not to have played in a tournament since the update, and weren't playing for a few days before the update, but why not give it a go and then make some judgements?

quick_play said:
why did points get taken away anyway.

What do you mean?
crazy_greg
crazy_greg
19:21 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have noticed since the new update fewer people are entering tournaments. the ones who are joining appear to be those highest ranked players confident of winning and those who are comparably low who feel they have nothing to lose by entering. however those between the two who have won tournaments and frequently do well but often dont feel the way you lose rank isnt worth the risk of joining and as that group is the majority its leaving a gap there. im not the only person with this view.

personally i think we should go back to the old ranking system, and as tournaments go i like the idea of gaining rank and even the points system however to stop it being overdominated by the few players who regularly win tournaments and to include everyone else there should be a similar ranking system to killer where everyone who enters and doesnt win loses a proportionate and smaller rank and the winner and runner up etc win a percentage of what was on offer. you dont need big rank losses and gains if there is this other competition to compete for and by doing this i believe each tournament would be more competitive with a larger number competing

sorry for the essay
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:06 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
A*

greg v wd m8 lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:29 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
The reason less people are entering is probably because newbies can't enter tournaments.
If you look at some of the Tournaments over the last day there is less DQ's and people are not just clicking join and not turning up.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:31 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
true ive seen a lot less too.

i know i have moaned but now i completly agree with this update, even the drop from 800 as it will make us work harder to stay there rather than keeping it permantely
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wait so people cant sit at 800 anymore?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:47 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
no mate, check ranking part in help for more info.
greatest
greatest
21:40 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
may as well lose the ranking all together,the new update as rendered it meaningless.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:42 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
not really, it will be interesting to see how ranks will be in a months time.

personally i love the update now,

put it this way before this update i was stuck on 800 arcade, not played a single arcade game in 2 months then this comes and not it will get me playing arcade again, not as much as i once was but just to keep it past the 800 barrier.
si123
si123
21:52 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i didnt play ranked tournys before so for some reason people think we will now hmmm...
nick
nick
Admin
22:12 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
may as well lose the ranking all together,the new update as rendered it meaningless.

Play a tournament, it's great fun!
nick
nick
Admin
22:12 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
*Double post, oops*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:14 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
^ Oh dear nick. Own the site and still double post

Love this update.
mosconi
mosconi
23:56 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:

That's the way I'm looking at it as well.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:59 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i thought it was but now its the complete opposite, call it a challenge to stay in 800 bounderies by playing tournaments
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:05 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
mosconi said:
greatest said:

That's the way I'm looking at it as well.
i suggested getting rid of rank yesterday and just basing the "rank" on win percentage or some other method
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:10 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think im failing to see the problem with the new system.
Why aren't we just looking at tournament games as ranked games like any other? The rank goes up and down depending on who you beat/lose to.
mosconi
mosconi
00:11 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i thought it was but now its the complete opposite, call it a challenge to stay in 800 bounderies by playing tournaments

I must admit i do prefer tournaments than playing ranked games so i'll just aim to get as high as i can in the TournaPoints chart

Sorry don't mean to sound like a moaner haha. (I love the site!)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:12 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think its a great new system..... i hadnt played a ranked game in about 5 months before yesterday but now i dont care about rank.... just said may aswell just go play any game available
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.