World snooker championship 2011

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:03 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I know its a bit late, but how did Selby go out after playing so well before the game with ding.

Ding made it quietly through to the semis but i think Trump was bound to make a good go of it after knocking out robertson.
si123
si123
20:43 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Great first 8 frames so far

Judd should of gone 3-0 up but he pulled of some amazing shots how good is his long potting?

And Higgins does what he does best, keeps the match alive and showing why he is on course for another World Championship
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:59 Mon 2 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Trump is going to win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:01 Mon 2 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
nothing is certain all depends on how trump handles it overnight mentally as you can be sure higgins will be better next session but no doubt its in trump's hands
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:04 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:08 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yamr1
yamr1
01:09 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
wow. great final.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:16 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well played higgins again!!! Showed his class, and needing one snooker to win the final? Amazing! What a player he is!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:19 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
John Higgins best player ever??????

i think so
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:21 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed he is class and what a game, no credit for judd tho? what a player, i think he deserves credit for what hes done.

Higgin's said after judd played a brand of snooker that he'd never seen.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:55 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sure does, it was a great tournament and final and both of them deserve the credit due to them . On the day, it seems like experience won out but another time, another place, it could have easily been a different. Trump may well become World Champ in the future though it is a trifle soon to be making predictions either way based on one performance (and wouldn't want to jinx the lad).
mosconi
mosconi
04:41 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mosconi said:
hot_stuff said:
my friend said back then in 2003 when he was 13.... put £10 on him winning the WC Snooker before he is 25.. you will get odds of around 5000/1... i never did..

I would doubt you would have got odds like that.

He was too good a talent that everyone knew about, the bookies wouldnt have been that foolish, i would say you would have done well to get 500/1!

As was confirmed by the commentators you could only get 1000/1 on him when he was 8 years old!! So i think your friend was telling porky pies lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:51 Tue 3 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Love how Barry Hearn is slowly turning snooker into darts the only way he knows how:

The old: Fit women, walk ons, music, banners formula.

For what it is worth I think that i'm going to have to accept it as being 'for the greater good' but I somehow wonder just how stupid he thinks his watching audiences are!
--------------------------

Great final once it got back under way, and very happy for John to put his past 12 months behind him. 4 times World Champion certainly elevates him to best since Steven Hendry.

I've always said John Higgins is by far superior to players such as O'sullivan and Williams who struggle to keep focus and concentration.

John Higgins is an all round great player, he has no weakness to his game.

Judd Trump has some amazing attributes, long potting, cue power and no fear in his play, but I think he has to sort out his cue ball control in the balls and his safety game.

If he does that then he is going to be one helluva player and win more than one World Championship.

Age is certainly on his side, he is 21 however, and a very rich one at that now, there will be loads of new attention so it is how he copes with that.

He is also no longer an unknown and certain players may look to unsettle him by slowing him down or he may fold under the weight of expectation.

The hyperbole has already started, and is probably doing him more harm than good! Just knuckle down Judd!

Sorry for the long post
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World snooker championship 2011

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.