World snooker championship 2011

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:33 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Jesus, higgins is only one of the greatest snooker players ever, and possibly the most tactical of them all. Has to fluke to win a match?

Nah he doesnt
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:34 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Judd Trump is class! Goes to show that Bristol can produce class other than me

But seriously, he's amazing - he's the new Ronnie, he can play left or right handed, unbelievable player
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:42 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with you there arpeggi, to focus on one fluke and say that that won him the match is just being shortsighted as it fails to take in to account all the other matches, balls potted, safeties played and opponent's errors - it wasn't as if it was a single frame match.

Yeah Judd Trump is very good, but I'm worried that he tends to go for a bit too many exhibition shots rather than playing as a true match player and it might unfortunately be his undoing. Definitely very entertaining to watch though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:27 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
shame ronnie lost to a fluke but to be fair they both played very well and i enjoyed watching them play, most of the match their stats was the same, pot success, safety success, even centuries at crucible. higgins was better on the day nothing else is to be said really
damee
damee
21:51 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
buddytobud said:
Yeah Judd Trump is very good, but I'm worried that he tends to go for a bit too many exhibition shots rather than playing as a true match player and it might unfortunately be his undoing. Definitely very entertaining to watch though.

Have to bear in mind he is still very young though. His game will develop and he will learn the ropes properly and should become one of the best players if he keeps at it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:02 Thu 28 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed, with all that natural talent he is bound to but I'm just a bit unsure that he has what it takes for this championship considering the competition he has in front of him and apart from the China Open hasn't got further than the semis in Ranking Tournaments. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a Mark Williams fan, it would be good to see him win this one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:41 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
How gutted is every1 that Ronnie is out

Was always gonna be hard for him though. He played well and had a good game head on. Hopefully this will continue on now.

A tourny never has the same feel 2 it wen he leaves.

Rooting 4 my fellow countrymen now.

Cumon Williams
damee
damee
04:09 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Higgins is the only player who could beat ronnie on his best form most people agree with that. Quarters was too early for them to meet imo. Would be a great final them 2 tbh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:46 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
^ I know. I said that earlier on in the thread. No shame loosing to John Higgins but a QF exit seems unjust for Ronnie this year.

Maybe if Higgins wins a 4th title it might inspire Ronnie to come back fighting next year to equal things out. I'm sure he'll want to at least match John's achievement's but with the likes of Trump, Selby and all the other great young talent its going to be even harder for him.

He'll always be a legend of the game

Edited at 01:49 Fri 29/04/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:04 Fri 29 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm gonna plump for a Higgins V Ding final.

John Higgins has been my favourite player since I was about 8 (It was Hendry before that)

Would love to see him win it for a 4th time, or on the other hand, have the first chinese winner of the world championship.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie o Sullivan is a good player but he's an idiot yes he's amazing sometimes but over times he over reacts about things and gives up just when the games started and he's 4-1 down
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:14 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cracking session from Trump there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah O'sullivan does have a habit of giving up in matches when things don't plan out his way, but Ronnie wouldn't be Ronnie if he wasn't like that, how many other players do you know that can switch from left to right hand and play just as good?.

I think personally it will be a Judd Trump V John Higgins final, Williams is playing better out of the two at the minute but Higgins is a born fighter and tends to bring his A game when needed most, and if Judd can play half as good as his did in tonights session then i think he will turn out as a comfortable winner, but he can't leave Ding chances as he will capitalise.

Overall though, i think it's been a fascinating tournament, been some unexpected results, but that's what makes it what it is :).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:57 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/13231074.stm

have a look here, judd trumps shots against ding are unreal, want him to win
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
JUDD TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:49 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Poor Ding.

Always looks suicidal when he looses lol.
He should win 1 though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:05 Sat 30 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, but Ding didn't lose it, Trump won it for himself, he played class
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Nooo! Ding!

Rooting for Williams! Gogogo!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:32 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Bit late for that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Sun 1 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol. I did not see the scores then. It was 16-14, and Williams missed a spotted black.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World snooker championship 2011

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.