Wimbledon 2011

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:07 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Murray,Nadal and Roddick safely through.

Watson and Keothavon are both out from the English point of view, but Laura Robson is through, beat a player nearly 200 places above her in the rankings, and will now face Maria Sharapova I think on Court 1.
cue_power
cue_power
08:53 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wozniacki has never won a major or anything?

Nice gal though.

It will be Serena Williams and Rafa Nadal victories this year. I think the mens will be very top seed heavy in a sense of the top four, Nadal, Djokovic, Federer and Murray making the semi-finals where Djokovic will come runner up.

Serena Williams returning after having a life threatning blood clot I hope wins. Not only because I have money on it :P.

Nadal is incredible, with every player on form nobody will match Nadal, gifted with both hands, speed endurance he is with out a doubt the best tennis player to of ever held a racket. Though tennis is best of 3 rounds and there can easily be upsets I have confidence in Murray. I havent seen much sadly but Im looking forward to seeing Tsonga and Dkokovic to see if they both can maintain their form in the past year. I dont even know if Tsonga is still in tbh, but I didnt hear many upsets.

Murray I think posseses the ability to win Wimbledon but I dont think this year is his best chance.

Interestingly enough, its all to play for in the mens due to if Djokovic wins, he will take the world number 1 spot, and if Federer wins then so will he. So Nadal is going to have to step up to maintain the prestiege of being the worlds number one tennis pro.

Sad to see Heather Watsons' reaction. Hope Robson gives the sexy Sharapova a run for her money, makes her grunt... haha!

Good ol' Tennis.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:36 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Heather Watson played good yesterday until she got injured; Her and Sharapova are the future of the womens game for britain top 20 in the world i will say..
Wish we had another decent British guy, Murray won't wont win it this year, fancy him for the US open in september though.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:11 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i enjoyed watching venus williams play other day, treat to watch

not often i watch tennis but watched it last 3 days or so
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
max_is_back_ said:
Heather Watson played good yesterday until she got injured; Her and Sharapova are the future of the womens game for britain top 20 in the world i will say..
Wish we had another decent British guy, Murray won't wont win it this year, fancy him for the US open in september though.

oh yerrrr sharapova is russian i think you mean Robson? who is playing sharapova
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:24 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yea thanks for that!
Watching federer is better than watching any other tennis player he is class to watch.
I see him winning this, Then retiring after next years olympics
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:30 Thu 23 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
honestly don't see why he would retire until he felt his level was dropping which it really isnt
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
max_is_back_ said:
Yea thanks for that!
Watching federer is better than watching any other tennis player he is class to watch.
I see him winning this, Then retiring after next years olympics

Love watching Federer play. He's so graceful and in my opinion one of the greatest sportsman of all time. A true sporting genius. If he were to go on to reach the final vs Murray i wont know who to root for. Murray because he's British and deserves one but i want federer to win as many as he can and cement the title of greatest of all time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:34 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
saw murray vs federer at atp world tour finals last year and there was a massive gulf in class
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:43 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Murray is a world class talent undoubtedly but he's also British lol and can't seem to produce his best on the biggest stage. He's still young and i still think he should def win 1 but as each year passes by the doubt will get stronger.
Still cant believe how bad he played against Djockvic at Australian open. Thought that was his year to win 1. I think if he was playing in any other era he'd have won a few already.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:12 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cue_power said:

Nice gal though.

Nah but she is a massive Liverpool fan

Federer looks unbeatable atm.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:57 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Federer can look world class all the way through a championship it will mean nothing until he plays nadal in final and gets beat. (he has a awful record in finals against nadal)
Thought Robson played well today, Expect big things from her in next 5-10 year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the_kop said:
cue_power said:

Nice gal though.

Nah but she is a massive Liverpool fan

Federer looks unbeatable atm.

agreed!!!!

agreed!!!! lool
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:52 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
didnt expect roddick to lose!!!!
maybe he lost comnfidence after watching back his match against murray
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:43 Fri 24 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
like to wish murray the best, come on!!!
damee
damee
00:55 Sat 25 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Is it just me or is Murray really boring to watch? I get sick of him after 15 min.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:59 Sat 25 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
nah u watch the 3rd set and end of first????

or even wtch him at queens????

he was great then
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:03 Sat 25 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
don't know why but when i watch tennis on TV its usually venus or nadal on, its just luck i guess as i don't know whos playing at the time

anyway venus played better today after the thriller the other day, hope she wins
damee
damee
01:10 Sat 25 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cymmerboy said:
nah u watch the 3rd set and end of first????

Only reason he won the 3rd set 6-1 was because his opponent played bad in that set, not Murray actually playing better. Still boring.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:37 Sat 25 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i think you are wrong, i agree the last set was boring but the parts i metioned were exciting
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Wimbledon 2011

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.