Bodybuilding / gym talk

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
budweiser
budweiser
02:46 Sat 13 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its great to work out, i try to keep fit as much as possible as i need to with my health! i go to the gym about 3/4 times a week at D.W fitness £28 a month for gym / swim... but if i miss gym i run 5-8mile

working on arms, chest, abs at the moment... as the saying goes no pain no gain
si123
si123
09:39 Fri 9 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just came back from 2 hours in Puregym

It's amazing for £10 a month can't believe how much you get for the price

Everything is state of the art, some of the machines have got tellys so can plug Iphones/ipods in and listen to what you want or watch what you want

Sadly no pool but it's not needed

Day 1 of the gym impressed

Also to add, didnt use the showers but walked around and they are all seperate cubicles with doors instead of open
si123
si123
20:22 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wow gone about 5 times I think, and can already see myself getting into a routine with everything starting 30 minutes on the treadmill to go weights for 30 minutes 10 minutes on the rower try do abit more on the weights as much as I can really and cool down with 10 on the treadmil

But today think I done a little to much but i'm really trying to find out my limits and I think I now know them
jay_afc
jay_afc
21:29 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Are you looking to bulk up or cut and trim?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:08 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
anyone got any high protein food suggestions?
cue_power
cue_power
23:34 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i_am_god said:
you dont need a gym to lose weight lads.

get out enjoy the fresh air, run through forests. cycle over mountains. live the dream

One of my favourite posts ever.
kyle_147
kyle_147
23:44 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I never go to the gym. Waste of money. I spend a few hours a week on my own in the house doing a series of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. I get like 2 big ASDA bags or summin and stuff a lot of big books or heavy objects and then lift them like weights i pulled a muscle last night lifting 2 full asda bags (with heavy thick books probz weighing about 15-20 kilos each) with 1 hand lol. really felt it . I'm really skinny and i'm looking to build muscle and I'm not exactly the fighter lol. I give up mid-exercise which i need to work on
cue_power
cue_power
23:52 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If you seriously want to lose weight its easy. Don't sit in all day everyday eating junkfood.

But I would suggest for balance between weight loss and muscle build then just take up boxing.

You can train for less than it costs to join a gym.

I use to train loads but I never lost weight. I have a slow motabalism and my body hangs onto fat. My muscles can grow a lot quicker with less work because of it. So even though I was getting a lot fitter I would get heaiver and larger. My pecs were huge, shoulders huge completely put me out of proportion.

I took up boxing as the feeling of sitting there lifting heavy objects, running on a machine and getting nowhere and generally doing things in a repeated routine is well... boring.

Also theres a lot of pretty boys and pathetic people in gyms nowadays. I dispise this. I started gyming young when it was real men, now its all a bunch of steroid monkeys and "cage fighters" pathetic people.

Boxing is real, gives you added pace and stamina. Hand eye co-ordination, you use all of your muscles. I use to suffer back cramps and pull muscles in my rib area, neck, shin when I was a painter whilst training. I took up boxing and I have strenghtened all those muscles and rarely pull them.

Also teachs you self defense and fighting techniques and the groups dynamic is much better in a boxing hall than a gym.
cue_power
cue_power
23:57 Wed 14 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
But this was all 2 years ago. I haven't done anything. Now and then do some weights at home to relieve frustration. But I have full on let myself go.

Have gained 4 stone and weigh 18stone. I am just over 6"3 though and wouldnt say I was fat. I have a beer belly and a big bum. But im not round and I dont think anyone would desribe me as being fat.

More like... The Sexy Big Hench Tank That I Wish I Looked Like <

Fairly accurate description...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:43 Thu 15 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Picture Derry?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:01 Thu 15 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
kyle_147 said:
I never go to the gym. Waste of money. I spend a few hours a week on my own in the house doing a series of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. I get like 2 big ASDA bags or summin and stuff a lot of big books or heavy objects and then lift them like weights i pulled a muscle last night lifting 2 full asda bags (with heavy thick books probz weighing about 15-20 kilos each) with 1 hand lol. really felt it . I'm really skinny and i'm looking to build muscle and I'm not exactly the fighter lol. I give up mid-exercise which i need to work on

If your really skinny go on weight gain for a bit first and then start training and jump on to a good protein shake. I can imagine you ASDA bagging in your bedroom lol. Makes me laugh.

I'm in a quality gym. Bannatynes. Not cheap but it's like luxury. Pool, steam room, sauna jacuzzi etc. Trained there off and on for a few years now. Only down side is that i know i'm putting money in Duncan Bannatynes pocket lol.
si123
si123
18:37 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mirrr said:
anyone got any high protein food suggestions?

Whey protein is ment to be the best on the market for a 10lb tub it's about £40/50 that will do about 180 servings

Check out thesite for FAQ's on it:

http://www.powersupplements.com/protein.htm

Also I go the gym to do abit of everything, hour on the treadmill keeps the weight off already lost 5lb in 2 week and I wasn't exactly chubby before lol and already I can see the difference in myself espicially when playing football which I do 3 times a week anyways before towards the last 10/5 minutes on 40 minute 5-a-side match I would be knackerd but go all the way now fine!

Then I do the weights for aslong as I can really, When I do weights though I wan't to wake up knowing I gave myself a good workout but it's just a gym I don't need a sauna or steam room and I go a regular place to swim anyways

Over all Puregym for £10 a month would score = 10/10
cue_power
cue_power
19:07 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I would recommend for food suggestions to just eat loads of different things.

Depending on how hard you train, then eat that much in food. I'd suggest eating 6000/7000 calories a day with vegetables, soups, meat and fish.

One guy I know only eats fishfinger sandwiches packed with tomatos, cucumber, lettece with a side serving of scrambled egg.

And he is a tank!
i_am_god
i_am_god
23:38 Tue 20 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
my brother finished 6th in britain on sunday evening, for teenage bodybuilding, naturals no steroids,

all polygraphed and tested there

i will be doing my first event in july 2012 so watch this space and ill keep you posted!!!

currently on a high carb diet and high protein of course, with side orders of fruit and veg where possible

peanut butter on salt n vinegar rice cakes is the bees knees!!!

cottage cheese is super high protein and has no fat quality stuff i know a guy who has 2 kilos a day insANE!!!

Edited for swearing

Edited by forum moderator baff, at 19:56 Wed 21/09/11 (BST)
arcade09
arcade09
00:32 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im doing training to keep me fit at home but my uncle and his semi profession for boxing helps me alot
si123
si123
01:50 Wed 21 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
2 kilo a day of Cottage Cheese LMFAO!

How big is this guy =\ And how long he spend in the gym wow lol

Going again tonight, See I go during the morning before breakfast as they say you lose upto 200% more body fat exercising before breaky than at night

But I like going at midnight don't have to wait around to use equipment I don't go sleep till 5/6am anyways so doesn't effect me there and stops me from going the pub at 10pm as I won't go if I am going the gym
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Bodybuilding / gym talk

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.