The Official Boxing Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
m_wood
m_wood
01:54 Sat 10 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sonny Bill Williams, the New Zealand Rugby Player, and World Cup Winner, is going to be challenging for the New Zealand Heavyweight Championship. Rugby player AND Boxer. What a Beast.
cue_power
cue_power
06:52 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Pretty even this! I have it level after the 7th.

Khan looks empty and he doesnt have time to get a second to breath.

The 8th Peterson looked tired now but Khan isn't throwing!

9th! What a round... Khan back infront!

3 rounds left!

10th was pretty tame, could go either way that.

Edited at 04:56 Sun 11/12/11 (GMT)
cue_power
cue_power
06:58 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can see Khan losing this...
cue_power
cue_power
07:00 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Last round is going to decide the fight imo. Its neck and neck!

3 minutes, who wants it more!?
cue_power
cue_power
07:04 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wow! second point deducted from khan!!

I think Peterson's taken Khans titles!!
cue_power
cue_power
07:10 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well...

And there it is! Peterson wins!!
cue_power
cue_power
07:21 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
114 - 111 Khan
113 - 112 Peterson
113 - 112 Peterson

Khan got 2 deductions for pushing away but Khan did knock him down in the first.

Khan has just slammed Washington DC. Saying "No wonder there hasnt been a fight here for 20 years"

"I was the cleaner fighter"

Tbh, I do feel sorry for Khan, because when someone comes at you with his head low and headfirst, how can you punch?

If you punch him you will get deducted for back of the head punch.

If you lower your head, you are risking deduction for clashing heads...

So he just pushed him back, about 10 times. But there was no alternative Khan could take. Peterson was imo overly aggressive, I know in boxing that sounds silly, but he was at times running at Khan. Like sprinting into him with his head? Lol.

What on earth can do possibly do?

Good fight though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:26 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wow, didn't expect that, I think Kahn shaded the fight even with the penalties, which were justified IMO. (Though Peterson himself was brawling rather than boxing, using his head, shoulders and body to force Kahn into the ropes and corners)

Kahn needs to get away from the excuses, it came across that much like his Prescott fight he was ill prepared to go the distance, and took him to lightly, and had a lack of respect for him.

Kahn now has nothing to bring to the table for any big fight, IE Paqiao/Maywether which means his best fight is a rematch to regain the belts somewhere else in America. MGM Grand Las Vegas sounds good.

It was a great fight, but Kahn should not be having great fights with the likes of Peterson. He'll beat him though in a rematch, because Kahn knows exactly what to expect. Boxers should always beat brawlers.

If I was Petersons advisers I'd tell him to stay away from a rematch, unless Kahn is his best option.
cue_power
cue_power
07:37 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do like Peterson though, he is ruthless and had a real determination.

Will be a great rematch, if it happens. Petersons staff etc have already said "its too early to be talking about Khan" Which to me sounds like they will give him a match before Khan, which means its at least a year for Khan to get the match.

What I dont get Michael, is that Khan just wasnt trying to fight him? They just counted, he threw barely 8 punches in a round. Which isn't how Khan fights. He unleashes 8 shot combos! Khan wanted to get hit, he was asking Peterson to hit him... literally asking him lol.

So disappointing though becuase this means he won't get to fight Maywether

Altho I think Maywhether is quicker, more powerful and physically stronger than Khan and would outskill him anyway.

Great fight though. Was on the edge of my seat just awaiting the decision. Bring on the rematch!

April 9th in Las Vegas pleaseee!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:56 Sun 11 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Kahn was just too cocky, I think a lot of it was just bravado.

Possibly his approach was down to his 'new' trainer Freddie Roach trying to make him a more polished boxer, rather than the smash mouth stuff he was doing in his early days.

Kahn has been very badly advised though, this was a voluntary title defence, this fella was hand picked by Golden Boy Promotions. This was meant to be just an easy 6 round technical KO win and onto bigger things, now he will have to fight him again, and if he loses that, his career is basically over, and he'll be fighting on Sky Sports 1 for the rest of his career at the MEN Arena and Bolton Albert Halls!

Whoever gave this match the go ahead will be out of a job tomorrow morning! They put him in with a yard dog, and he was bitten.
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
22:10 Sat 17 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
C'mon Froch!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:49 Sat 17 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would have liked calzaghe go to america and fight americans in there own city's against the top 6 fighters of a division rather than a bunch of nobodies.
In my opnion calzaghe has beaten two very good fighters; the one he won for his first title, and Klesser.

Fair play to froch look at some of the fighters he has beaten over the last 3 year and was robbed in the one he lost.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:53 Thu 22 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
When Calzaghe beat Eubank in his first world title fight, Eubank was a spent force.

He only took the fight to be the fall guy to propel Joe onto the world stage, in exchange he got some much missed limelight and vast amounts of money of course!
m_wood
m_wood
17:47 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:11 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
wowwww, he's just asking to be destroyed now...
cue_power
cue_power
18:20 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Omg!!

That is amazing! Haha!

Destroyed is an understatement!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:52 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Boxing is becoming more sports entertainment than sport.

I'd say that was pre-planned to get some last minute PPV figures, doubt it will work this time though, they are both boring fighters.

Vitali to take it on points.... as ever.
mrmagic
mrmagic
Admin
19:07 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dunno about it going the distance....Vitali has something like 40 KO's to his 43 wins? Chisora hasn't really looked like a world class fighter so far either. I reckon it'll be finished within 6.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:11 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
2good said:
Vitali to take it on points.... as ever.
I was gonna say... did 'as ever' mean that he always wins on points?? As magic said- 40 KO's in 43 wins!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:28 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sorry, was thinking of his brother.

Vitali will take this on points tho.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Official Boxing Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.