League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15253
m_wood
m_wood
02:10 Wed 22 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Up to the teams really- I'm not sure it's something the rules can fix. Most of the time, some sort of a swap is done.
Although to be honest, over a 14-day period, one of the players should be able to come online slightly sooner or later to get it done if really needed. Just because players have preferred times, doesn't mean the can't get slightly out of their comfort zone.

Well thats just the thing... some players cannot

Myself for instance can never play between 5pm-10pm... and if I am drawn against a player that can only play in evenings, and neither team wants to sub out their "star player"... what is the remedy?

Last season... etarvt vs lethal_lure was a big problem. Also Sarahh vs Ahbi... Sarahh bless her heart logged in before work at 7am to play which no player should be in that position of.

So if players cannot play... and neither team wants to sub their player out... there needs to be a plan in place to avoid the inevitable stalemate.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:59 Thu 23 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If teams want to avoid defaults and avoid losing the default bonus, they'll have to make concessions one way or another. No star player can get 7 points!
I would not be in favor of prescribing any sort of forced substitution for any team. If neither team can sort it out over 14 days, then the default panel will take care of it.
m_wood
m_wood
02:26 Thu 23 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes but lets say for discussion sakes... Wood is the best orig player Legends have.... Davey is the best Orig player Anger have

Neither team will want to sub out their STAR player from the game.. as that player is their best chance at getting the most points

and if neither player can play at the times...and neither team wants to sub out their Best Orig Player in favor of a 'weaker' player.....

this is what im getting at.

As neither team wants to budge.

Do you get what I am saying....
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:47 Thu 23 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I do understand the scenario, but I don't see what can be written into the rules about it.
Neither team WANTS to budge. That's the key for me- the clans or player involved must find some sort of arrangement. If they can't, they get a default.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:38 Mon 27 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The results of the vote about the league scoring format for next season were clear.
Only 3 out of 14 people voted in favor of changing the scoring system. The remaining 11 players voted in favor of keeping the scoring the way it is now. So (at least for this season), we will continue with the same way of scoring as before.

Any other issues which need discussing? Have I missed anything that was proposed so far?
m_wood
m_wood
01:28 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think thats all whocares8x8

Can we just have confirmation on the Cup thing I mentioned on what is being implemented

I still think the above scenario is going to cause problems throughout... some teams feel obligated to make subs for the opposition, because of whom the opposition is, rather than the opposition being the team to sub their own guys out.

Can we have a review of the Current Defaults Panel.
Shouldnt a member for each clan be included in this... maybe the 7 Captains should be the default panel, that way there will be a fair majority.

Currently, 2 Allstarz, 2 D&C, 1 Anger and 2 others
msl
msl
01:34 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Think thats all whocares8x8

Can we just have confirmation on the Cup thing I mentioned on what is being implemented

I still think the above scenario is going to cause problems throughout... some teams feel obligated to make subs for the opposition, because of whom the opposition is, rather than the opposition being the team to sub their own guys out.

Shouldnt a member for each clan be included in this... maybe the 7 Captains should be the default panel, that way there will be a fair majority.

I agree with this point - the panel should be spread across the clans to ensure the decisions are fair (not saying they haven't been in the past)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's a fair point - Although I don't think there is anything too wrong with the current panel it'd be nice to have at least a representative from each clan.
thegame26
thegame26
02:48 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  

Excellent idea
adam_147
adam_147
12:54 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dont think captains is a good idea. Often captains are the cause of the default so it will bring in bias. It should be players who are active and almost never have defaults. The current panel are fine but the new clans need a representative too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:40 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
As a member of the default panel i can honestly say that there as been no biased votes on any defaults we go with the info provided(player mails, forum post,captains notes) and they get done fairly quickly so i dont see the need to change it really. maybe like adam said add 1 or 2 more from new clans but dont think it will make any difference.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:38 Thu 30 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
So then remove all captains from the default panel???
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:35 Fri 31 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Current default team members:

- adam_147 (Allstarz)
- davey1985 (Anger)
- dgeneratio (D&C)
- pirate_steve (Allstarz)
- whocares8x8 (D&C)
- zantetsukenz (independent)

In the past, I've handpicked member of the default panel, based on their experience and knowing they're not idiots out to cause trouble. It has worked very well in the last number of seasons.
However, as spots have opened up, I've been adding members exclusively from other clans that are not yet represented.
I don't think that having one member from each team would improve the default panel. These people are all there because they have a vast amount of experience here and on pool doing defaults. If we chose someone from each team, they would be going in with a lot less experience and knowledge about the standards, so I would venture to say that you could see some shockers.
As spots open up (jack left so I'll be adding one more; dgen may not be available to vote regularly, so we might add a replacement for him), I'll only ask people from teams that are not represented yet. But I would be very reluctant to break up a well-working team for technical reasons.

Bias is always an important concern. In many cases, panel members have been harsher on their own teams than on other teams in order to avoid seeming biased. I don't think it's a problem at the moment.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:36 Fri 31 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Does that sound all right that we'll even it out over time by only adding members from unrepresented teams as spots open up, rather than busting it open at once?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:31 Mon 3 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Where on earth are these fixtures then seb :S
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:40 Mon 3 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We didn't get a teamlist from Pottin' Patriots yesterday because their cap was in an accident. Will get them today and release with a monday deadline.
m_wood
m_wood
16:53 Mon 3 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
We didn't get a teamlist from Pottin' Patriots yesterday because their cap was in an accident. Will get them today and release with a monday deadline.

Have they sent them to you now?... can still do sunday deadline, dont think its that much of a difference tbh and to keep the schedule as sundays
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:55 Mon 3 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
yer cant see it making much difference aslong as there out early tonight.. deadline normally crosses over into monday early hours anyway..
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:52 Mon 3 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Its not a problem- the next set will just overlap by a day to get back to sunday deadlines.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:07 Thu 6 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
As spots open up (jack left so I'll be adding one more; dgen may not be available to vote regularly, so we might add a replacement for him), I'll only ask people from teams that are not represented yet. But I would be very reluctant to break up a well-working team for technical reasons.
Jack's replacement on the default panel has been found- msl (Assassins) will be the newest addition to the panel.
Pages: 15253
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.