Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15354
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Thu 20 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just about the default killer time...

Would it be possibly to look at a change?

9pm on a Sunday is an awkward time for people to get on, especially for people in the UK. Traditionally a time to unwind and spend time with family.

I don't know about the other clans but Allstarz struggle massively on a Sunday.

Changing the killer deadline too the Saturday would be much better.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Thu 20 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
hmm saturday would also be a problem for more people i think then on a sunday..lol

Clans have 2 weeks before that to arrange tho..lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Thu 20 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think sunday is the best it can go, because Saturday night doesn't always have people on either, and sunday quite often does its found.
msl
msl
14:45 Thu 20 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
If people cant play on the final Sunday, arrange to play on one of the other 13 days
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:05 Thu 20 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Traditionally Sunday is a busy night, Saturday isn't always.

Even an earlier time on Sunday would be better, 9pm is such an in between time, either play it later or early.

We try quite a lot to arrange for one of the other days but it's easier than it sounds!

Edited at 13:45 Thu 20/02/14 (GMT)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:41 Sat 22 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The deadline time should be looked at as a last resort, which it's why it is placed on the final day at night. If a particular time is better than 9pm, then that's open for change, but moving it to a Saturday (where people are much more likely to go out since they dont have to get up in the morning) isn't very realistic I think.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:41 Sat 22 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
The regular defaults were delayed by my internet absence. I'll put them up tonight/tomorrow and we should hopefully have them done by Sunday night.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:42 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
When are the defaults being released seb?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:47 Mon 24 Feb 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
When are the defaults being released seb?
I had no internet for a while, so I only put them up yesterday. They're being voted on now so probably tomorrow, latest Tuesday.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:03 Thu 3 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Just wanted clarification as the rules seem a little ambiguous. It's to do with this sub here;

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/10013/clan-league-team-changes/2#771929

heart_beat was taken out after the fixtures begun. From the way they read to me, this rule should apply here;

2.7.1 Signing free agents
Free agents can be signed throughout the entire season (Quarantine, rule 2.8 applies). If a free agent was a member of a clan after the transfer window, he can not play for another clan for the duration of the season.

I know in the pre season friendlies rosters are locked at release but I thought that was just so games get played.

Does this mean we can all do this? i.e., release a player at the start of a set with them still eligible to play in the set?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:20 Sat 5 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah mate if the change is in the current set then the change is in effect next set which means if i got removed now from DC i could play this set.

However if i did not get readded by next set then i would not be able in future sets until transfer/got added back to DC.

think thats right anyways
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:26 Sat 5 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, the sub rules have not changed. All subs take effect at the end of the fixture they are posted in. Since new players cant play right away, the players that are removed are still eligible in the set they are removed in. They can also be readded to the team (for example if they are back to normal after falling out).
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
21:18 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have always thought there should be an alternative competition to the league and cup rather like pool although maybe not quite as many as there lol.

And I don't mean one of these half hearted things that people enter and then never play their games..but something semi "official " like the league but a different format..either individual or team based.

Maybe a clan arcade league...4-6 man team ....you can use any members of your clan ...a win points based league..3 points for a win..frame difference..etc..
I say arcade because its the most popular and anyone can beat almost anyone..

just an idea
msl
msl
22:23 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with kili, and think that there could be a second league running beside what already exists.

Just a thought... why not have an Individual Players League?

Currently there are 7 clans, thats roughly 84 players

So,
4 Divisions... 20-25 Players per division... Everyone plays everyone in their division once (What game types it would be can be discussed)... Once all the games are done, top 5 players go up, bottom 5 go down

Still a fair few factors to think about, but let me know what you think!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:29 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i have written a potential idea on notepad of alternate leagues which would be 5 vs 5 with weekly deadlines. Modes include "Mixed","Power","FCL","Super League","This league but in two sessions of 5 frames"(does not include Power) and "Mixed" and "FCL" combined which would be 3 of each Mixed and same for FCL in two sessions of 9 frames.

probably silly but get something different each season and not limited to Snooker
i_am_james
i_am_james
22:31 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with kili, and think that there could be a second league running beside what already exists.

So,
4 Divisions... 20-25 Players per division... Everyone plays everyone in their division once (What game types it would be can be discussed)... Once all the games are done, top 5 players go up, bottom 5 go down

But how would we determine who goes into what division?

Random draw or the higher the overall rank the higher the division?

Im all for this idea but, player participation is a bit sketchy.

Plus, who would run it?
msl
msl
22:38 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

So,

But how would we determine who goes into what division?

Random draw or the higher the overall rank the higher the division?

Im all for this idea but, player participation is a bit sketchy.

Plus, who would run it?

Well the first lot of divisions would be random, but over time they would be sorted with the "better" players rising up through the divisions. You could see it as a challenge if you get put in Division 4, to try and climb to the top

Player participation would have to be voluntary because people would have to play fixtures with probably only a weeks deadline

As to who would run it, I would be happy to play a part if others also help with it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:39 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
msl im guessing but we have two individuals already so not sure if 3 will work. could try for nothing in events though
msl
msl
22:41 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
msl im guessing but we have two individuals already so not sure if 3 will work. could try for nothing in events though

Yeah, but the current two are tournaments. This would be an actual league with divisions
msl
msl
22:49 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Was just thinking about how it would work in terms of players activity, time zones, subs etc.

So it could even be a doubles league, this would both half the amount of fixtures, and also allow for any necessary subs
Pages: 15354
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.