League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18081
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:16 Sun 21 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
true, sometimes relatively new but if you been here a while then as you say you can see the signs. not sure what the 'vibe' is in D&C which makes people stay loyal as we have little or no communication.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
19:20 Sun 21 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well D&C are quite 'the' legendary clan and that aura will always remain so regardless of hard times I think people are inclined to stick it out.

Inactivity isn't a problem if the players involved arrange their game for a certain time and actually play it, then even if they have only been online one day in the entire 2 week fixture it matters little.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:07 Mon 22 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
The set will have to be delayed by one day for sure, because I wont be able to do the write-up tonight unfortunately.
We will release the fixtures tomorrow!
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
12:24 Mon 22 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
the league is on its knees, much like the site
And when you submit a team of 10 players into the League.... and then 1 deactivates, and 2 or 3 go inactive..... and with no players available to recruit.... youre in dire straits.
I personally cant see the League continuing for much longer
Players offline 2 weeks or more from LAST season
eraser147
jack_86
ripped_rank
mr_unlucky
ace_79
walktall
d_legend
shot
corsair
davey_1985
_egley_
egotistical
lcfc
rossunited
vvwhite
welshie
joe_calzaghe
torres9
dbno
onevisit
markadias
justplay
turtle1560
adam_147
borini2013
mattywellie
pilbyjoel
nicko
xxboxx94
heart_beat
_challenger_
robbie
i_am_blessed
i_am_james
legend_pot
practice
kovalev
sarah
matt943
torres
onewhiteduck
spirit_2010

yep.... that many

Edited at 14:45 Sun 21/06/15 (BST)

You are probably right ..but the above is not the reason.
Half of the above are totally unreliable.....
Some are just new usernames from previously unreliable players
One had 2 accounts,..(at least one)

Some have joined teams many times but only for their ego and never last.

Some have been unreliable or fading in and out of this for years..no offence (heartbeat, jack , blessed, james ..nicko...(lol he logs on once a year) etc)

Some are on pool (3 or more)but cba to play snooker or get on here
And 2 or 3 are still playing ..if not totally reliable , truthful or on consistently.

Edited at 09:34 Mon 22/06/15 (BST)
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:41 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think with the dwindling numbers on here and lower activity in some clans this season, new signings should be eligible to play immediately after a request being sent to the league runners (so that they can assess whether it actually is a new player or a known player just making a second account). A lot of the problems are due to lack of available subs, so should a clan sign a new player it doesn't make any difference to a current fixture and the default issue will remain the same for that fixture. I wouldn't suggest this if clans were bulging and full of activity as it evidently used to be but I think that a slight change in current rules for something like this would not only benefit the clan signing new players, but all clans as the default issue affects us all.
erigert
erigert
02:46 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:50 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ However I think any new signing that had previously been a member of another clan during a current season should still have to wait until the next fixture, otherwise there could be poaching to help a result or hopping from one clan to another to boost scores etc. But anybody that is signed that has not been associated with any other clan in the current season should be eligible with immediate effect.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:51 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Couple of rules in question here:
1-month rule for new players: This was originally created to stop players leaving one clan and deactivating, only to join a different clan under a new name immediately.

Transfer window: Players can only transfer to a different clan during the transfer window.

Fixture start teamsheets: New players can only play in the next fixture set. This was to prevent clans just picking a random player out of the chatroom on deadline day to complete a game.

----------

I realize that times are tougher now and the main problem is finding enough active players to play the games. Would it help if some or all of these rules were removed?
I would like to hang on to the transfer window (remember, we have a loan exception in place for extreme emergencies).
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:54 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah was talking to dee and think they should, TW is a good break
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:57 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I definitely think the new player rule should be tweaked for them to be eligible immediately. With the rule that states only players with an account that is a certain length of time old can be eligible to play, it pretty much dissolves the chances of people making new accounts to join another clan. And when a clan signs a new player (who isn't associated with any other clan during that current season) a request should be sent to the league runners/default panel for them to view whether that person is a genuine new signing and then give the go ahead. I agree with the transfer window rule staying in place.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:14 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Couple of rules in question here:
1-month rule for new players: This was originally created to stop players leaving one clan and deactivating, only to join a different clan under a new name immediately.

Transfer window: Players can only transfer to a different clan during the transfer window.

Fixture start teamsheets: New players can only play in the next fixture set. This was to prevent clans just picking a random player out of the chatroom on deadline day to complete a game.

----------

I realize that times are tougher now and the main problem is finding enough active players to play the games. Would it help if some or all of these rules were removed?
I would like to hang on to the transfer window (remember, we have a loan exception in place for extreme emergencies).

Bumping this now and if we feel its popular we can talk about when implementing them, normally we would do it inbetween seasons but each clan has struggled so maybe it could be done after window pending discussion
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:23 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Yes remove but as usual anyone multi-using would be removed
2. Keep Transfer Window, its a nice break however at same time, clans have struggled so i think they should be allowed to move and play in next set providing the clan they moved from has cover
3. Seems a good idea but only if they haven't played in fixture

Another topic is the Cup-Tied which i think should be removed too
clifton188
clifton188
17:32 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Whats happened to the Players Championship?
2. An idea i said prior to the season starting went unnoticed i think and that was,to enable each clan member a one time only thing where they can play in the same fixture twice.I believe its a good idea due to the fact that funky is gonig downhill.It would eliminate defaults also i reckon which cant be a bad thing.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:08 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
1. Whats happened to the Players Championship?

Think those was missed this season due to declining numbers, will bring it back next season
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:09 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
for two seems okay but would need to enable for all fixtures so next season would be best i think
clifton188
clifton188
18:45 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
As i said i did mention it before season started lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:51 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah true, may have been overlooked, only con is it could make golden cue uneven but it does already and would the extra game count towards pass rate?

think were half way now so not sure it makes sense to add now, saying that still 4 fixtures left i think, if applied at the start then 8 people can add to their tally.

trouble as well is my current golden cue also counts defaulted frames, may add a deduction column which may be hidden or another sheet so we can deduct those defaulted scores.
clifton188
clifton188
19:18 Sun 19 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah its only an idea it hasnt been developed yet but i see what you mean it would be unfair for the golden cue contenders
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
23:49 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Has this been implemented? I mean the new signings being eligible to play immediately even part way through a fixture?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:50 Wed 5 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to talk to Seb but seems the eligibility has disappeared, something needs to be done sooner rather than later
Pages: 18081
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.