Euro 2012!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12122
mich
mich
14:00 Fri 29 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I seem to have a knack with making jokes turn into reality.
Italy 1-0 up after 25 mins!

Fancy making a joke about me winning the lottery?
jack_pot
jack_pot
17:23 Fri 29 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Go halfers if you win?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:38 Fri 29 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Random additional thought- can people now agree that this whole "2 extra days of rest" talk is ridiculous? The Italians had 4 days to recover from the quarterfinal- most of them do this many times throughout the season.
m_wood
m_wood
18:11 Fri 29 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Of course its ridiculous. It annoys me when fans, teams, players, managers say The schedule is crap we have 2 days to recover.

I just have to point to Novak Djokovic in Tennis last year. On court for HOURS, then back on the day after tomorrow.

What a season Neur, Schweighsteiger, Muller, Badstuber, Lahm, Kroos, Boeteng and Gomez have had..

Lost Bungasliga
Lost the German Cup
Lost the Champions League Final
Lost in Semis of Euro 2012

What a bunch of losers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sun 1 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Player of the tournament has got to be be Andrea Pirlo. Surely?

He is just an artist! The type of player that the premier league lacks.

Montolivo is learning well from him too.

Looking forward to seeing the midfield battle between those 2 plus De Rossi against Xavi, Busquets, Alonso and Iniesta.

If I was Del Bosque I'd play Pedro. Seems to be in good form from the few times he's been given a chance and the threat of pace in behind could be vital and indirectly open up space for their midfield too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:34 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well. Spain have just put their critics to bed. Stunning football side. 08, 10 and 12. Nobody can touch them. Last Summer their U21s won the Euros as well. They will probably go on to win the Olympics.

Del Bosque hit the nail on the head when he said it is all down to talented coaches at youth level.

Vamos Espana!
samj147
samj147
04:20 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They looked incredible tonight. Any team who can play that style of football after a long tournament has to be given credit where it's due. Italy where played off the pitch and looked dreary and run down which didn't help their cause.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
05:04 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Agreed. Today was their first very good game and shows just how entertaining they can be when they actually try.
The entire tournament (and the World Cup too really) they were keeping possession in order not to concede. Tonight (and in 2008), they kept possession to try to score.
A world of difference.
Well deserved title unfortunately.
m_wood
m_wood
17:44 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Says something about the Spain team when they havent played to their potential, yet reached the final, thats how far ahead of teams they are.

Well at 2-0 at half time, looked over, but for those first 15 minutes of the 2nd half Italy were looking a bit dangerous and looked like if things carried on they might hopefully get a goal and make things interesing. It was all about the next goal, who got it! But then Motta had to go off injured, and when that happened the game was up, with half an hour to play which is a shame.

4-0 harsh on Italy. Thats the biggest score in a Final now too. Spain the first team to win 3 Tournaments in a row. And Torres won the golden boot even though he played less than a Third of Spains Total Tournament playing game.

Well done Spain. And they used to be a country that failed at tournaments...
samj147
samj147
21:39 Mon 2 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What told the story was the type of players Spain could afford to leave on the bench. You know they are on a different level when they're bringing players like Torres and Mata on for a little bit of game time.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:18 Tue 3 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And Martinez who barely got any game time, and LLorente didn't even get a kick!
samj147
samj147
13:37 Tue 3 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly, incredible really that one country can produce that vast amount of talent.
m_wood
m_wood
14:04 Tue 3 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And yet England beat them with their D team
cue_power
cue_power
01:47 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Spain before the Tournament and Torres top scorer bet... left me bitterly disappointed.

Skybet should be arrested.

Spain to win was 4/1 & Torres was 18/1 I had them as a double which I think was 33/1.

Because Torres deadheated with 5 other players for goals with 3, they reduced my profit to 17%.

£50 @ 33/1 = £1650

Instead I got

£50 @ 5/1 = £285ish.

When tbf he was the top scorer? If I knew they were claiming he had to beat the scorer outright then I would never have placed the bet.

6 Way dead heat is just dirty. Wish he just shot instead of passing to Mata.

Spain are just far too good. Italy, Germany, England, France, Holland just don't compete. Portugal had their chance but blew it. But when you have player like Ronaldo/Drogba who have pace and power then you have a chance.

Just to think, Puyol, Villa were injured, Alba has joined Barcelona, Torres/Llorente/Mata/Martinez and a fair few other young Bilbao players that got injured all had limted participation and imo Spain won it without even trying.

Still think Spain could be much better. Don't like how they walk the ball in the net. I think they need a Ronaldo/Villa who like to score and shoot. With Xavi, Iniesta, Fabby anyone, its quite predictable that they won't shoot outside the box. Where as Ronaldo on the edge of the box, you can't stand off him as he WILL shoot so the defenders will push out of defence to close (leaving space).

But I'll never manage, its a shame really.
samj147
samj147
03:01 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd be torching every Sky van i saw if I was you right now

Bored out my mind now with no Euros...
m_wood
m_wood
03:24 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd be torching every Sky van i saw if I was you right now

Bored out my mind now with no Euros...

Think we found the culprit responsible for the London Riots last summer
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:17 Wed 4 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Seeing what happened with Italy in the final makes me regret our loss to them even more. I can't help but wonder how we would've done.
The two times we lost to Spain (2008 and 2010), we didn't look bad at all- both 1-0. In one of those games, we actually had more possession than them!
I still think Spain need to be attacked to be beaten. They didn't seem invincible at this tournament- their previous winning teams were better.
m_wood
m_wood
06:17 Thu 5 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Uefa under fire for faking footage

When Italy thrashed Germany with Super Mario getting the goals, after the Thunderbolt from Mario Balotelli, the entire world saw this...

Posted Image

A lovely Germany Lady seemingly crying with devestation after Mario put the Italians 2-0 up. However. This was a lie. The German woman was actually crying, overcome with emotion when the German National Anthem was being sung before the kickoff.. and Uefa simply Cut that footage of her sobbing DURING the anthem, to after Mario Balotelli scored.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
10:10 Thu 5 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Same thing in the game Germany vs Greece. Did you see the scene when Jogi Loew pokes the ball out (as a joke) from the ballboy standing by the pitch?
They showed it as if it happened during the game- it was actually well before during the warmup.
Pages: 12122
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Euro 2012!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.