whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:21 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Poor unfortunate souls...
m_wood
m_wood
18:37 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
England Squad

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Robert Green, Jack Butland .

Defenders - Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Joleon Lescott, John Terry.

Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

Strikers - Andy Carroll, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Well its a mixed bag of a Squad really. Goalkeepers are pretty sound. Defence hmm Phil Jones a future England Captain in for his versitility I can understand that, though id prefer Richards over Glen Johnson. England should go with the Chelsea 3 at the back Terry Cahill and Cole. Used to playing with eachother
Midfield well think we all know Donkey Downing would not be in many peoples 23, he wouldnt be in my 223!Roy will of picked him for balance, thats the only reason. Good to see The Ox in the squad though!Pretty happy with that Midfield.. though I may of gone with Lennon instead of Theo as Theo is found out quiteeasily.

Strikers hmmm! Really unsure about that but what else is there. Crouch does have a good record...can Flappyhair Carroll do much I duno, he needs to man up. England weak in strikers, 3 of the 4 dont play Regularly then again who else is there?

See how England get on tonight against the Norway. Least we are a Nation expecting nothing...though with how the season has gone, could it be Englands year
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Our whole team lacks class bar our keeper and Cashley.

We have one of the best Keepers in the comp but in front of him we have a squad of steady pros.

Glen at right back goes to sleep but he is a good footballer and will be a threat getting forward.

Our centre backs really do lack brains. One reason we struggle is because we teach of centre halves to lash the ball up field. We need someone to play it out from the back. I'd say Cahill is probably the best at doing this or Jones but his defending is not up to scratch at all. In the side for his versatility I guess.

Midfield is a real issue. Gerrard and Lampard do not play well together at all we all know that. One of them should miss out and seeing as Stevie Laa is captain I guess it will be Lamps. Where is our clever player though? Who is going to create chances? Gerrard can shoot and passes well but there is no clever midfield schemer to play off him. Parker if fit will play next to him.

Up front is a shambles because we've stopped producing strikers as a country. The lack of ability up there is startling without Rooney.

Defoe is one dimentional, thick and selfish but can score, Carroll doesn't put himself about nearly as much or as often as he should as a target man, and his finishing is horrible. Danny Welbeck doesn't score enough goals either.

Make it out of the groups and I'll be suprised, the squad of names makes painful viewing tbh, and the manager tops it off.

Get ready for torture.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:35 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Oh yeah and our wingers are not flash. Ashley Young is a good player and Chamberlain looks interesting, but the other 3 are terrible.

Walcott brain dead with no end product. Downing talentless and lazy with no end product, he's not even quick and Milner barely featured for City this season and when he did was rubbish. Another boring player. Adam Johnson and Daniel Sturridge should have gone instead of the pair of them. Sturridge offers the versatility of Milner and more of a threat going forward, admittedly more of a risk defensively, and Johnson offers a threat too unlike Downing.

The lack of talent and footballing brains and ability is depressing tbh. Really going to miss Jack Wilshere as a creator in midfield!

England need a strong man in charge to shake the squad up. The golden generation is going grey now, sadly though there are very few in the current crop of 20 somethings who are going to make an impact either.

Edited at 22:38 Sun 27/05/12 (BST)
samj147
samj147
01:50 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
At least there'll be something worth watching for a while whether we get past the groups or not.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
True, the 08 tournament was great and England weren't even in it.

Probably why!
m_wood
m_wood
18:17 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Get behind the boys! Nobody in the country or the world expects England to do anything in this tournament so ets support them and enjoy it. England could do a Greece

Anyway the Friendly I didnt watch but from what I can gather it was a typical England performance, stuck in 1st gear for the game.. but 1 thing puzzled me... so England have 2 Friendlys before the Championships... why did they play people who arent even going to be involved in the Tournament. I was baffled by that. The Belgium game, Roy has to pick the team to start versus France in the first half.

Im quite happy with the back 4 of Hart, Terry, Cahill and Cole, nice strong unit there. Parker and Barry in midfield.. on the right would be Walcott who would get subbed by The Ox id assume.. my nervousness comes with the left and the front 2

Please dont play Downing. Ashley Young has to play on the left like he does for United.. but then whos the front 2? Gerrard behind Carroll? That doesnt excite me... though it would appear that when Rooney comes back Rooney would be behind Carroll... but then where does Gerrard fit in?

Anyway! Come on England!!!!

m_wood
m_wood
18:44 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
World Cup 2010 Build up, England were sweating on Gareth Barry being fit and he made it... this time around, he hasnt..

Gareth Barry ruled out of Euro 2012 with a Groin Injury

Hodgson has called up Jagielka... why Roy? A defender for a midfielder???? Replacing a Starter for an Unused sub doesnt make any sense

Does this bring Lamps into the fold?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:28 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
England are crap never supported them never will

unless they play Germany
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:35 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Jags played in midfield for Shef Utd before his bitter days and was ok, Moyes turned him into a centre back. He's only 5 foot 11 so he wont look to out of place.

Can't say I'm too upset that Barry won't be playing, don't like him at all. Suprised that Henderson or Carrick didn't get the nod ahead of Jags though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:42 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Should have bought in Nick Powell the lad at Crewe.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:44 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Get behind the boys! Nobody in the country or the world expects England to do anything in this tournament so ets support them and enjoy it. England could do a Greece
Probably the only thing you guys have going for you
Which is why I'm glad that Germany just got spanked 5-3 by Switzerland- there was too much damn euphoria going on here...
m_wood
m_wood
01:13 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I heard it was the Germany B Team though Seb?

I actually dont think Spain will win the Euros. Think they will come up against a team that will defend to the hillt and nick it... and with no David Villa.. dont think any country has ever won 3 Tournaments in a row though surely?

Well I guess Gerrard could play center midfield.. glad Hendo didnt get called up.

11 days till it begins!!!!
sarahh
sarahh
01:51 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
shay given and john o shea are injury doubts for rep of ireland . 2 big players for us hope they get over there injuries in time

what you think bout the big scandal that has hit the italy team of more match fixing ?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:59 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I heard it was the Germany B Team though Seb?
Well, all the Bayern players (mainly Neuer, Lahm, Badstuber, Muller) were missing. But we still had Mertesacker, Hummels, Ozil, Khedira, Klose etc playing.
I'm not worried at all- quite glad we conceded 5. That way, they'll definitely focus on it in practice.

Sarah: About the Italians- we know what happened the last time they had a match-fixing scandal before a big tournament.....
sarahh
sarahh
02:03 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
what happened ?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:03 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They won the World Cup.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:04 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
England are crap never supported them never will

unless they play Germany

I don't support England in WC either, i know i should as its my home country but they are normally poor.

when i first watched WC i took a shine to Brazil not sure why.
samj147
samj147
03:36 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Beyond me how you can get behind foreigners for the cup...
I get really pesimistic towards England for obvious reasons but when the time comes around I start to get really excited for the World Cup and the Euros. Can't see us doing much but I hope we can at least show some positive signs. I hope we're knocked out through the quality of others rather than showing up as a shambles.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Euro 2012!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.