Euro 2012!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
m_wood
m_wood
03:57 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Really is a poor attitude here towards England.

So they havent done well, so? Still support them jesus. Its your country for crying out loud. Dont support them when they are losing but im sure would be celebrating if they won.

Nottingham Forest MY team played in League 1 for like 3 years and support never faltered because they are my team, and England are my country.

Way I can sum it up best....
It is agony, frustrating and sometimes unbearable to support Nottingham Forest.. and my country England... but I love it. Be a bit dull otherwise.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:33 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think most English folk want to see England win competitions or at very least put up a good fight.

Personally I think that the FA have neglected their role in nurturing English talent and as such have let the country down. It is inexcusable for the country that brought football to the world to be unable to select 23 international class players. I don't think we can even claim half of that figure tbh.

The friendly game against Belgium will tell us a lot I feel anyway. I actually think bar strikers, Belgium have a far better starting line-up than England.
mich
mich
11:36 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Saying you don't support England because they are poor is a really terrible reason for it. If you said they show a lack of passion, or a lack of wanting to win the game then I may understand a bit but because they are poor is a ridiculous excuse.

You support an English football team yet want to see your countrymen lose to a nation who has no importance at all for you, a nation who has done nothing for you?

It's times like this I wish we had a rolling eyes smiley.
mich
mich
11:52 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
My prediction is....

We will draw with France and narrowly beat Sweden and probably beat Ukraine by a 2 or 3 goal margin.

I think it will then start to get tricky with us probably getting Spain/Italy in quarters and if we progress either Spain/Italy/France in the Semi.

So it is going to be no easy tournament but they never are, I think if we get Italy in the 1/4's then maybe we will progress but find ourselves on the receiving end of a 1 or 2 goal loss to Spain should we get them in the Semi.

On the other half of the I can see Czech Republic vs Holland and Russia vs Germany in 1/4's with Holland Germany semi's which will be a great game!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:39 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Saying you don't support England because they are poor is a really terrible reason for it. If you said they show a lack of passion, or a lack of wanting to win the game then I may understand a bit but because they are poor is a ridiculous excuse.

You support an English football team yet want to see your countrymen lose to a nation who has no importance at all for you, a nation who has done nothing for you?

It's times like this I wish we had a rolling eyes smiley.

I don't support any football team as i don't like football at all, if i had to support my hometown it would be Rotherham but most people go for teams who aren't in their area who are the big leagues.

i just said Brazil caught my eye when i watched them years ago but doesn't mean i support them and England hasn't impressed me.

Its like my cousin supporting Chelsea when hes from Rotherham, Mum supports East Fife where she came from and Scotland in WC as she was born there, dad supports Rotherham and nan and uncle support Sheff Wed.

I never watch football except the odd World Cup game and thats just to see how England are doing. Last time i watched it was when England got spanked by Germany.
mich
mich
13:45 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I support Liverpool because I am from Liverpool, love the city and love the club. I support England for the exact same reasons.

I was not having a go at you in my last post I think you took my post as aimed at you when it was not if you read properly I said not supporting your team because they are poor is a terrible reason.

If you don't like football I wouldn't expect you to support anyone which you claim not to do but surely you would want England to do better than Brazil as that is where you are from?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:05 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
On the other half of the I can see Czech Republic vs Holland and Russia vs Germany in 1/4's with Holland Germany semi's which will be a great game!
Was just looking at the schedule- you don't play the semis against the teams in your half of the draw (meaning Germany can't play Holland in the semis- only the final).
Could get a Germany-Spain semi though -_-

My predictions for England:
-draw with France
-draw with Sweden
-1:0 win against Ukraine
mich
mich
14:08 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah just saw that now... interesting!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:13 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If you don't like football I wouldn't expect you to support anyone which you claim not to do but surely you would want England to do better than Brazil as that is where you are from?

yeah i agree with that, i want England to do well but last time i watched them do well was when they beat Portugal on penalties and that was a while ago.

when i watched Brazil years ago i thought good team, probably because of Ronaldo i don't know.

The only sport i dislike more than football is rugby
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:18 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
last time i watched them do well was when they beat Portugal on penalties and that was a while ago.
I thought England lose every penalty shootout to everyone?
Lost Euro 2004 to Portugal in penalties I think and at World Cup 2006 as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:47 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We are terrible Roy has picked a terrible team. Danny welbeck ?Andy floppy hair Carroll? Surely Scott Sinclair was a better option ?

Why pick the same old boys in midfield. I guess Rodwell must be injured?

They are slow and sluggish and will be lucky to get three draws in the group stages. Roy is a sacrificial lamb IMO :-)

Edited at 11:50 Tue 29/05/12 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:51 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
last time i watched them do well was when they beat Portugal on penalties and that was a while ago.
I thought England lose every penalty shootout to everyone?
Lost Euro 2004 to Portugal in penalties I think and at World Cup 2006 as well.

ah 2004 it was, see its been that long ive forgotten
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:14 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
ENGLAND all the way!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Im supporting England I really am but lets face it Germany,holland, Spain, Italy, France all produce better players on a more consistent basis we do not focus enough on English youngsters and this is our problem and why we will never win another major championship.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:19 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, not enough is done on the youth level.

Also, with all the money-splashing the English teams do, you have the best league around, filled with foreign stars. Young English players don't get much of a chance!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:37 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly seb it's stupid and ridiculous I look at the German league and they have so many homegrown players and ok they get snapped up by big clubs in Spain Italy and England but they pump out more lol.
barbaycue
barbaycue
18:37 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We are terrible Roy has picked a terrible team. Danny welbeck ?Andy floppy hair Carroll? Surely Scott Sinclair was a better option ?

Why pick the same old boys in midfield. I guess Rodwell must be injured?

They are slow and sluggish and will be lucky to get three draws in the group stages. Roy is a sacrificial lamb IMO :-)

Edited at 11:50 Tue 29/05/12 (BST)

Danny welbeck is a very good player and an obvious choice given Englands lack of striking options
barbaycue
barbaycue
18:38 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Really is a poor attitude here towards England.

So they havent done well, so? Still support them jesus. Its your country for crying out loud. Dont support them when they are losing but im sure would be celebrating if they won.

Nottingham Forest MY team played in League 1 for like 3 years and support never faltered because they are my team, and England are my country.

Way I can sum it up best....
It is agony, frustrating and sometimes unbearable to support Nottingham Forest.. and my country England... but I love it. Be a bit dull otherwise.

Well said.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:40 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Exactly seb it's stupid and ridiculous I look at the German league and they have so many homegrown players and ok they get snapped up by big clubs in Spain Italy and England but they pump out more lol.
Well, not many German players have been going abroad. Yes, Ozil and Khedira have gone abroad recently and it's increasing over the last 2 years, but on the whole, very very few young players leave.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:53 Tue 29 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on you boys in green!!
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Euro 2012!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.