kilimanjaro
12:35 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Morning all

and thanks
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
12:38 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Teamsheet for next Season:-

1. slatty = power and original (Captain)
2. linfield1886 = arcade and regular + original if stuck (Vice Captain)
3. sarahh = regular and carom (Vice Captain)
4. doomslave = F1, Golf and table tennis
5. hutch1971 = regular and original
6. horse10000 = any type
7. deitch = reg and power (im guessing?)
9. naaaaaaaaath = carom arcade, regular and original
10. mylo = Original + others, but not carom
11. the_rider = carom , arcade , regular
12. roxbury_100 = carom
13. i_am_cazorla = carom + cluedo
14. kilimanjaro = Arc, reg ,orig , power , golf, football , cricket., rugby, scrabble and wiff waff..., rubbish at tennis tho

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If anyone wants to stick to a single game type all season let me know now so that I can work out how its going to fit together

Is everyone still in favour of playing for fun? Or shall I try and keep people in their strongest modes for a change?

I vote fun btw... Takes the pressure off ensuring the fixtures are done + we did scrape 3rd last season , that's pretty good going for a team with morals
linfield1886
linfield1886
23:28 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, love it

On one hand, I'm thinking "why change the mindset we've always had?"

If pushed I'd probably say we should go somewhere in between (for example, if our last fixture is a league decider - even for other teams - we should maybe put out a stronger side!!!!!)

Edited at 20:43 Tue 09/10/12 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:30 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hope were not last to play you then
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:49 Tue 9 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I say throw out morals!!

immorality is the key to success!!
sarahh
sarahh
00:55 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, love it

On one hand, I'm thinking "why change the mindset we've always had?"

If pushed I'd probably say we should go somewhere in between (for example, if our last fixture is a league decider - even for other teams - we should maybe put out a stronger side!!!!!)

Edited at 20:43 Tue 09/10/12 (BST)

i agree with linny
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:22 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
(for example, if our last fixture is a league decider - even for other teams - we should maybe put out a stronger side!!!!!)

LOL, That would be unfair.

At least last season I chose the team the same way I chose every other fixture. (despite getting wind of disbelief, that is true )
linfield1886
linfield1886
01:35 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
that is true mate. I can't help but feel though that we did D&C a bit of a dis-service and handed the league to that other mob

A bit like the flak Sir Alex Ferguson used to take for rotating his squad, then every other manager jumped on the bandwagon - have you started a funky trend Sir Slatty??!!

Here's wondering where we could have finished... but we're allstarz, we set our own trends and don't conform to the norm eh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think you guys could easy push to win league if u wanted to but I like the way I guys just play for fun and wining is just a bonus to you guys
Always been one of my favourite clans just cos its fun

I'm just blabbing rubbish now probably why everyone in pub is at otherside to me cos I talk to much
linfield1886
linfield1886
02:38 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
we must deserve your trophy passed round, filled with a couple of bottles of dom perignon
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:47 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
As a newcomer or returning old boy ..whichever..and yet to get voting rights..

you have to give games to all , but i would say try a stronger team against the best teams ...but i am cool whatever..
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:48 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And can anyone to a pic for me ..
Cyprus flag behind be cool .if any pic fairies can magic it up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:49 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
feel free to pass it around. Felt weird winning it anyway all that time and effort and closest thing I get to a trophy is running round room with laptop above ya head.

Never heard of dom perignon wot is it wine
linfield1886
linfield1886
03:09 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol, google it

kili - slatty's your man for the pics
linfield1886
linfield1886
04:02 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
ok, been thinking about it... here's a rough sketch of how team selection could be done for next season...

1 - everyone checks above list and ensures that their game types are preferenced in order (leave out any you don't want to play) - important that you think this through

2 - team for first league fixture is picked based on your rank and preference - so, for example, if 8 people have arcade as 1st choice, the 2 with highest rank get picked first. The other 6 could get another game type. Whoever is left over, sits on the bench and could be subbed in based on same criteria if req'd.

3 - if you lose your match, you automatically move to the bench (if you lose 6-0 then you sit below those who lost 5-1 and they sit below the 4-2 losers). If you draw or win your match then you retain your place in that game type for next fixture.

What do you all think? Obviously it has a few flaws (ie. carom//power players will have less competition for place in the team).

But on the positives, I think this could be quite fun and generate a bit of competition and make everyone play for every point. Also, while the first fixture will contain the stronger players, everyone is practically certain to get in and fairly quickly. Once you're in, the challenge is to stay in!!!!

There can also be no griping as everyone would know criteria up front.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
10:28 Wed 10 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
And can anyone to a pic for me ..
Cyprus flag behind be cool .if any pic fairies can magic it up

with Dave on if poss too
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Allstarz 8th thread!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.