Football results and reactions (4)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:09 Tue 8 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
To be fair, he wasn't finishing much at all with Liverpool before the run he's on this season....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:53 Tue 8 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I know, hence why I said people thought he was poor just cause he wasn't scoring goals. It's not just always about goals with Suarez tho he can do things that a lot of strikers can't that's why I've always thought he's a class player, but if he can carry on scoring as well then there isn't many strikers better than him in my opinion!!

I remember someone saying they would list him in the same category as Defoe lol, some people just have no idea!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:54 Tue 8 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oops!!!!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:08 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nice dive Downing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Sun 13 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Suarez has been a good boy for months now. Haters gonna hate! Norwich at home for us next. We gotta win that cos after that its away to Arsenal and City
cledwyn
cledwyn
00:34 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree as a united fan suarez has been a good boy
the hand ball incident anybody would of still shot in all fairness he didnt really celebrate thinking that he would get penalised
good game today had squeeky bum time second half
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:51 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not sure why anyone's complaining about the red cards in the Arsenal game.
The first one is clear. The guy is through on goal and would have a shot from 6 yards out before Koscielny pulls him down. Easy red card for preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The second one is slightly less obvious. But both of Kompany's feet are off the ground when he makes the challenge. That means he has no ability to stop the challenge. In this case, nothing bad happened. In many other cases, shins are broken because of exactly these challenges. That's why you get a red for them, regardless of whether you get the ball or not.

Players know this and just shouldn't fly when challenging..... the sending-off is not for the result of the challenge, but for the immense injury risks.
samj147
samj147
16:54 Mon 14 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The first one is clear. The guy is through on goal and would have a shot from 6 yards out before Koscielny pulls him down. Easy red card for preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The second one is slightly less obvious. But both of Kompany's feet are off the ground when he makes the challenge. That means he has no ability to stop the challenge. In this case, nothing bad happened. In many other cases, shins are broken because of exactly these challenges. That's why you get a red for them, regardless of whether you get the ball or not.

Players know this and just shouldn't fly when challenging..... the sending-off is not for the result of the challenge, but for the immense injury risks.

Agree, 100%.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:00 Wed 16 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Agree with the Arsenal sending off, but I thought the Kompany one was a bit harsh hence the reason he's won the appeal, top defenders never back out of a challenge.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:16 Wed 16 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Swansea tonight, got a feeling we'll lose, fragile team atm
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:39 Wed 16 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree with the Arsenal sending off, but I thought the Kompany one was a bit harsh hence the reason he's won the appeal, top defenders never back out of a challenge.
Yeah, I think it's a mistake to rescind it.
The reason these challenges are rewarded with a sending off is that if you mistime it by just a fraction of a second, you're through the shinguard and shin of the opponent. It looks like a real nice challenge, but it's immensely dangerous because you simply have no control anymore.
Think of Scholes, who mistimes seemingly every challenge, flying in like that.

That's why even the attempt to fly in should get a red. A bit like challenges from behind. If you tackle from behind you should get sent off even if you get nothing but ball, because if you're off just a touch you break a leg!

edit:
Oh, and also so that it doesn't happen at the youth level, where people are more likely to mistime.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Wed 16 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
He got the ball but it's similar to the shelvey red and that wasn't rescinded so the FA need to start being more consistent or do one.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:09 Fri 18 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The Kompany tackle was a thing of beauty.

1 footed, ball won, with his other foot tucked in.

Glad the FA rescinded it, otherwise they are in danger of retiring the art of the slide tackle.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:45 Fri 18 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
We'll just disagree then. Off the ground and studs showing. Mistime by half a second and *snap*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:38 Fri 18 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't care what anyone says the biggest game this weekend is.......

Derby v Forest!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Fri 18 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well they were running head on which makes it look worse but if that tackle was from the side it would have been clear it was a one footed challenge.

You can clearly see on the replays his back leg is tucked in and only comes forward with his body weight.

---

Suarez back in the news for admitting to diving against Stoke. As if we didn't know that already.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Fri 18 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't care what anyone says the biggest game this weekend is.......

Derby v Forest!!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:31 Sun 20 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The stuff I find on Youtube

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:25 Tue 22 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Luis Suarez has Revealed that He will Walk off the Pitch if He Hears any Racist Abuse !
Apparently, He Prefers to be in the stands Joining In
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:41 Tue 22 Jan 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Posted Image
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football results and reactions (4)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.