Football results and reactions (4)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 189
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:03 Thu 14 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Totally agree with baff, about time something went against united huh?
adam_147
adam_147
14:09 Thu 14 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Been statistically shown that most of the top clubs over here, utd, city, Liverpool etc get the decisions at home. Only reasonable to assume the same applies in Europe! Maybe the reason for having 2 legs is to balance the refereeing decisions out... .
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:10 Thu 14 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol I disagree with all of you!
I don't think there's a conspiracy to give Utd. decisions at home and I don't think FIFA is rigged against Utd. either....
It just summed it all up at the end of the game, ref gave the united corner then blows the whistle for full time before its even taken... We could of scored from that and taken 2 away goals back to old trafford...
I'm really happy the ref did this for once. Man Utd. / van Persie were idiots here. They knew perfectly well they were in the last minute of play and get the corner. So van Persie, on the other side of the pitch having just wasted 30 seconds on a free kick, has to take it? He jogs/walks over, wastes 20-30 seconds and then thinks he gets to take the corner?? No! Correct decision in my eyes.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:11 Thu 14 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Been statistically shown that most of the top clubs over here, utd, city, Liverpool etc get the decisions at home. Only reasonable to assume the same applies in Europe! Maybe the reason for having 2 legs is to balance the refereeing decisions out... .
I thought there was a big discussion on this thread with all sorts of articles and studies being referenced that show this wasn't true?
adam_147
adam_147
16:36 Thu 14 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
The pure numbers I saw were good enough for me. Only Chelsea seemed to have a balance. This was for penalties alone though. I'll try and find them.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Fri 15 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Totally disagree, do you even know what your talking about? thought as much.
adam_147
adam_147
20:47 Fri 15 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes I do, so I'm glad you think so .
si123
si123
15:57 Sun 17 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I completly agree, I believe the bigger teams at home get more benifit of doubt compared to others.

I think a 50/50 penalty will always be shaken away by refs at Old Trafford, where at the Brit and it was against United/Liverpool/Chelsea then it would be given

I've seen some shocking decisions down here but get used to it. There's just no justification for some decisions made.

On the bright side, Stoke got 3 points last week am happy with that

Also United vs Madrid!!! Going be epic I loved the first leg going be intresting this time around.

Also i'm going put my foot out there and say Ronaldo is the best player in the world (IMO) He's just a breath of fresh air when on the pitch don't get me wrong Messi is 'god like' but I just like Ronaldo
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:27 Sun 17 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Today is going to be the day That you going score a hat- trick By now we have realised That your gonna be a legend I don't belive that anybody Feels the way that pride park feel about you now Pridepark is gonna be day the day when your gonna score tons of goals I'm sure you've done it all before And we never really had a doudt I don't belive that anybody Feels the way that pride park feel about you now And all the away days you have scored in And all the times you have scored v florest There are so many times that you have made us smile and cheer Because maybe You're gonna be the one that saves me And after all You're my Jamie Ward
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Tue 26 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
What do Tottenham and Oscar Pistorious have in common? Without Bale they'd both be screwed!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Thu 28 Feb 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes Rafa Benitez. Winding up the Chavs big style tonight, calling out the fans for what they are.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:53 Sun 3 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Worst tackle ever?

whocares8x8
whocares8x8
23:48 Sun 3 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
hahahaha wowwwww, got the ball.
mich
mich
23:59 Sun 3 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Still not as bad as the Roy Keane one when he broke That City geezers leg (busst was it? Something like that) but that was intentional too (according to his autobiography), dunno why he weren't banned for life if it was intentional tbh...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:15 Mon 4 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not sure why he would be. He intended to injure, just like anyone who punches anyone else does.
Just happened to be a career-ending injury (I think?)
mich
mich
00:22 Mon 4 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you intend to break someones leg, and in the late 80's/early 90's this was a career ending injury, then surely that should be a ban for life. Don't get me wrong he was a phenomenal player but I don't agree with anyone who goes out to intentionally injure be it breaking a leg, punching, biting, stamping whatever else they do.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:07 Mon 4 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
^That's Suarez (bite), Maradona (kick/brawl), zidane, Gerrard, cantona, totti (kick vs Balotelli), and about half of ranger/celtic banned for life, just off the top of my head.
mich
mich
10:53 Mon 4 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just because they are good players doesn't mean if they go out to intentionally injure a fellow professional, in what could be in some/most cases very serious/life threatening, that they shouldn't be banned for life.

If I was to go out in a Sunday league and do half the things that get done on a football pitch, other than getting my head kicked in I would be banned from the league for life.

Especially things like the bite, headbutt, karate kick to someone, and on top of that I would probably get banged up for assault. Don't see why because they are on 90 odd grand upwards a week it should be any different for them.

And yes that applies for Gerrard and Suarez too, not really setting a good example to up and coming youngsters who see Suarez bite, Zidane hadbutt, Gerard stamp (And court case/s for that matter) and Cantona doing what he did to a fan. As well as the drugs etc that some have used. These on their day are some of the best players to ever play the game and people look up to them and try to emulate them, and sometimes their behaviour is nothing short of animalistic.

These are meant to be role models to children and they just act like children half the time.

Rant over.
sarahh
sarahh
20:38 Mon 4 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
mich
mich
15:51 Tue 5 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

With Mourinho in the country I thought I would brighten everyones day up with this.
Pages: 189
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football results and reactions (4)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.