Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:34 Fri 26 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
sure is one of the favourites if he continues

poom made me smile again today (only ronnie could do that before), great character and could be as popular as ronnie or jimmy white in years to come
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:39 Fri 26 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
The Dott vs Ebdon game is the worst game yet lol
yep Dott actually complained about slow play but Ebdon was playing really slow as usually Ebdon does 10 pushbacks (18 on a few shots). The average player may pushback 3-8 times. Ebdon for me is one of the most boring players to watch.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:03 Fri 26 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmmm bit annoyed that Robertson went out, Hes a class potter, But he really wasn't with it today.

I think Trump or Ronnie is my favs to win, I cant see anyone beating Selby or Murphy on form, But its so tough now.

#PoomjaengForPresident
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:37 Fri 26 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Murphy vs Sullivan in final i reckon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:31 Fri 26 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Poor Poom.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Sat 27 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
:( I wanted Poom to win!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Sun 28 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
How long is the tournament? How many players are left? what has been the highest break so far, and by whom? Who has won the most frames, and any shutouts? :) hope i can get some answers. I havent been following as i been off comp since thursday.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Sun 28 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
How long is the tournament? How many players are left? what has been the highest break so far, and by whom? Who has won the most frames, and any shutouts? :) hope i can get some answers. I havent been following as i been off comp since thursday.

they are in the 2nd round.
highest break 143 by robertson
dunno who won the most frames
selby knocked out yesterday
and ding is in trouble
i_am_james
i_am_james
16:59 Sun 28 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Im glad Milkins beat Robertson, his cue action, attitude and all round general play is very very good.

Ones to watch

Judd Trump
Ronnie
Michael White
Rob Milkins
Barry Hawkins
Stuart Bingham
Ricky Walden

One of those will win the tournament! All are playing exceptionally well!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:09 Sun 28 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
nha Stuart bingham didnt play too well
Barry Hawkins - Murphy will be the final
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:45 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What happend monday?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:01 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie destroyed Carter.
thegame26
thegame26
18:51 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie on fire 4-0 and flying
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:27 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
6-0 and 3 tons.. 98% pot... 100% long pot

Ronnies flying
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
7-1 96% pot success 67% long pot 204 balls potted 733 points scored, good enough for the doubters??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:25 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie was unbelievable earlier....As I said, with his natural ability you can never write him off. Very surprised by Murphy so far too...

also expecting a very good showing from Barry Hawkins this year

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:55 Tue 30 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ronnie was unbelievable earlier....As I said, with his natural ability you can never write him off. Very surprised by Murphy so far too...

also expecting a very good showing from Barry Hawkins this year

Ding prefers the later sessions and he will dominate Barry this afternoon, ding is the sort of player if he gets in the balls for 2 or 3 frames ye match could go away from Barry quite quickly, 56 centuries or something this season says a lot for ding really.
mich
mich
03:47 Wed 1 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That Michael White kid looks like the type of fella that wears "guyliner" (eye liner for guys for all you not in the loop)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:01 Wed 1 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, all the players are obviously good to be where they are; however, I find that very few I actually enjoy to watch playing and that's not to say they are not a great player in anyway, it's just I personally like to watch a more attacking form of play and I suppose what I would call "no nonsense Snooker".

Ronnie has always been a personal favorite of mine since I was a little child and I always support him and find him very elegant, thrilling and intense to watch. For me, it's also like watching Alex Higgins play, because you can never be too sure where they're going to go next and I like to be on the edge of my seat watching a Snooker match. No disrespect to other players out there, but I just don't find many of them my cup of tea to watch, but of course, they are obviously good at the game otherwise they wouldn't be where they are. It's all a matter of personal preference really.

Speaking of which, as I realize that the BBC are appauling at advertizing what time the players are playing on the next day; for those of you that are not sure what time he is playing his second session tomorrow, it is 2:00pm again.

If Ronnie keeps playing like that, I can't see any reason why he won't go on to win the finals at all.
He certainly seems to be more solid in consistency than most of the other players that have been practicing and playing in many tournaments. I don't think taking a year or so out has done any harm at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:04 Wed 1 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually feel that the amount of matches the rest of the players are playing will be draining. Of course that kind of mental drain over that many matches will be a drain, it's ridiculous to assume otherwise or say otherwise. In other sports it's not the case, because in boxing, they have a fight, lasts the night, and there's a bit of time to recover from it before going on to the next one. In Football, players that get over tired physically, don't perform as well as they are known to when they are not so physically tired. I don't understand how you can expect any human being, whether a sports person a not, to not be tired after continual mental and physical exertion over every day of every year near enough. That's a bit naive to state that it is nonsense. Anyhow, I think that Ronnie is definitely proving a point, that rest and time out for players is needed.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Snooker Championship 2013

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.