are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Quick Snooker

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
We have 6 reds and the usual 6 colours and then that would mean quicker frames quicker tournaments and people would be on longer because they are not bored of playing near enough the same frame

What do you think?????
andy
andy
19:48 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds good, but im a funkypool man :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
good idea it would be quicker and that but then that would spoil the chances of the really high breaks but is still a very good idea and i would be up for it but have it as a game option
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea, but i don't think it'd be cool to make it mandatory. I don't mind playing with the current set up but i agree it'd be good if you wanted a quick game, like sturryboy said, have it as an option.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:21 Tue 25 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe it should just be like that for tournaments so they dont take so long.
nick
nick
Admin
04:28 Wed 26 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, actually there is plans to be able to choose the game you wish to play on pool (eg US 8 ball, US 9 ball, UK 8 ball)

This capability will be available in snooker as well.

And an easier version of the game is intended too, similar to what you say, I was thinking 10 balls and a smaller table, but 6 may be better.

Although eventually I'd still like to run tournaments on the full game, I could offer hairypotter2's suggestion as a short term solution.

What do people think?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:28 Wed 26 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
problem is though if we run tournaments on a full game is that the tournys will take a very long time, and this may cause people to get bored and that is the last thing we want happening really aint it? but then again you could warn people that the tournys will last long and if they are willing to play for a big amount of time then they are welcome to join it but if not then there aint no point joining if u understand what i mean. soz if i have comfused you in what i have said
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:01 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i also think that most people wont be entering the tournaments because of the long frames
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:56 Thu 27 Oct 05 (BST)  [Link]  
have a one frame knockout
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:26 Mon 31 Oct 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
dont get you mega
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:45 Mon 31 Oct 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
he means play 1 frame who ever wins goes thu and the loser goes out i think
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:43 Sun 6 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
its a good idea because you could get through a frame in no time!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:55 Mon 7 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah great idea!!, but to the tournaments what if you played a full tournament, but less of them say like 2 a day then people could and might willing to stay in there because there is fewer tournaments?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:39 Fri 11 Nov 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
maybe u could have a quick or long tournys hosted at the same time so u could pick which one to play
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Quick Snooker

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.