are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Sos, help a funky member!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:33 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Im experiencing lag on every shot, iv installed the latest java + increased the parameters hoping it may remedy the problem, unfortunately not.
Some of you old skool players might know me, when funkysnooker started i was a regular, my rank was sumthin like 940 and was at top of the table. i decided i'd reinstall windows, it was then i began to have lag. for this reason i stopped playing for about 5 months, i did email the admins/ mods, but got no reply. since summer holidays r comin and am moving house i was wondering if you guys can help me out, thankx and i'd appreciate any positive feedback.
+ i dont run any other programs whilst playing
+ i personaly believe that i may need to get hold of the an older java version, as i had no problems. i'l be willing to leave my email so if you guys can b kind enough to send me the setup file.
+ lastly: and yes i know what you lot r thinking, i need a girlfreind

Edited at 14:37 Wed 17/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:44 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
hopefully nick or phase see this post quickly and u get your rankin back... and to that last thing you mentioned.. u can borrow mine lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:53 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
cant wait!
krauser
krauser
12:54 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll rent mine out to you if you're desperate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:01 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
ok ok, lets not get carried away now..
Any1 please know how to elimate the lag?
ps: whats the going rental rate krauser?

Edited at 18:34 Wed 17/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi, the lag is something i experience also and it sounds like you have tried majority of suggestions to remedy it.

firstly i wouldnt recomend reverting to an older java version as updates are done for a reason, more often than not they are security based too, so be in your best interest to persevere with the new java and try other ways before reverting back.

Also read funkypool forum as there are even more suggestions there if i recall correctly.

Hope this helps.

Phase

Edited by forum moderator nick, at 01:17 Sun 17/08/08 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Wed 17 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Sori phase, i knew i forgot to mention something, i already have a add blocker.

Yes like i mentioned earlier i am quite confident if i CAN GET HOLD OFF a previous java version it should provide the key to all my problems.

The thing is when i try downloading from java or any other website it refuses stating i have the latest version available. So ALL I NEED is for someone to be kind enough to email me the installation/ setup file.

From what i can remember when i reinstalled windows, the only java version that was available to me was the latest one. Hence the reason why i believe java being the culprit in all this.

Thankx for your reply phase, appreciate it, hope you can help me that little bit extra, by getting hold off some1 or urself who may have a version other than the latest 1.

Man, the things people do to get some funky entertainment in their lifes....

Edited at 22:21 Wed 17/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:46 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
OK couple of things. Need more details. whats your overall speed like? some websites will give you accurate rates. It may not be a Java issue at all, and as phase said, java can form a weakpoint and backdoor to accessing your computer. downgrading is not a wise option.
Have you ran adware? spyware? virus protection? any of these can cause an overall significant speed drop. what type of internet connection do your have?

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:50 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Thankx for replying, the reason why i am adamant and strongly believe its to do with java is cus i never experienced any problems at all before, infact i used to play funkyPOOL all the time.
Though when i reinstalled windows funkysnooker required java, hence i downloaded the latest version, for the obvious reason that it comes along with added features and benefits. Once installed i went to funkysnooker and it was then i discovered i had lag for the first time.
I'm not a computer geek or anything but im intelligent enough to know java being the blatant culprit in all this.
If any1 has a previous version other then the latest java i'd very much appreciate it.
please do comment on this guys, magicblack what do u think...?(+ i have not installed anything at all which may result in lag)

Edited at 14:53 Thu 18/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:12 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
you know theres more lag on funkysnooker neway
hows pool?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:29 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
?
my original ranking before i began to experience lag was 940. I never used to have any problems on it.....
confused with your reply magicblack..

i was told by trickshot i'd get flooded with help.
does my breath smell that bad? dont answer that question!

Edited at 18:30 Thu 18/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:53 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ye but any advice you've got so far you've rejected. Why do you want me to keep commenting if your so persistent that all you want is an older version of java?
You are putting your computer at risk with an old version of java, limewire or torrent will get you one if you specify version number and uninstall al previous java applications.
Is there lag when you play pool o ris it just snooker?
what type of connection are you using?
what internet browser are you using?

nick
nick
Admin
14:44 Thu 18 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If you are experiencing severe lag since installing the later version of Java it's not unreasonable to roll back to the last working version.

To uninstall your later version of Java you'll need to go to control panel and add/remove the Sun Java installations. Obviously for users without a problem you should not do this.

The earlier Microsoft version of Java may work by default. If not you may need to follow the instructions from here: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA012735/vm_en.html
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:12 Fri 19 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol, only if life was that easy, this was the first thing i tried, i removed java of my system.
The problem that i am having is for some reason it still manages to recognise it even when i have uninstalled it! when i try downloading a previous version it states it has found a later version on my computer....
appreciate your help guys, but i guess it looks like my funky career may have come to an end...
(magicblack, lol ur an intresting fella, millions of people were at risk of getting hacked when they had that version and i guess there r still plenty out there who have not yet upgraded. i agree the potential risk of getting hacked is reduced, but there's always a way.... even the latest softwares and operating systems have there own weak points)

Edited at 11:15 Fri 19/05/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:59 Fri 19 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Halauuuya!

Hey nick bro, thank you very much, the link that u provided improved my gameplay allot!
i firstly un-installed java, even went to search and deleted any files related to java, to start a fresh. i selected your link and downloaded/ installed the java virtual machine. Rebooted my comp and went straight to funkysnooker to check it out, Bingo! Although some lag remains it is such a vast improvement, enabling me to have a NON- stressful and NON-frustrating game.
I seriously appreciate your help, everytime you replied it was straight to the point.
NICK = TOP MAN!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:00 Fri 19 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
MESSAGE TO ALL MY COMPETITORS:
I'm not gona beat round the bush, im threatening you guys to watch out, im back.
And to all those people who thought over night i went s**t and was chattin crap about having lag, ur all going down!

By the way nick, i'l let u beat me any time, the pleasure's all mine..

Thankx everyone, for all ur replies.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Sos, help a funky member!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.