are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Time Wasters...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Sun 28 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
When playing in a knockout match isnt it possible to let the highest scorer go through when the time runes out ??
how many time's does it happen when the player your playing thinks ,if im going out he is?
needs sorting .its ruining a good night .
wild_boy
wild_boy
06:30 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
thats a bit harsh well if there waisting time what are you doing mate cause you could pot the balls and win

ps i wouldnt think it would be fair to let the person with the highest rank. Mayb puting the person who is winning the game afta the time runs out.
quick_shot1
quick_shot1
09:37 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Yer this happened to me on sundays tournement by millionario, i was beating him summin like 88-32 with the black ball left and he wouldnt concede and then that time thing came up sayin we have both been disqualified!!!!
It is so anoying, can someone please do something about it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:19 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
The thing is with this problem is its a hard one to solve. Ill try to explain...

The tournaments need to run smoothly and not take up too much time. As we know with snooker a frame takes quite a long time to complete, so if there are for example 5 rounds and each round taking 15 minutes the tournament duration for those in the final will have lasted a good couple of hours, seeing as the later rounds are best of 3. So we really have to set a time limit for the games.

If we didnt set a time limit the time wasters could also do the same thing indefinately ruining the tournament not just for their opponent but for everyone involved.

The idea of making the person with the higher score in the frame go through if time limit is reached also has its disadvantages...Say you break off and hit a little 20 break off it, whats to stop you playing safe until the round is over to ensure you go through by default?

So thats why the tournaments are how they are...if one game reaches its time limit, both players forfeit, letting the rest of the tournamnt progress.

I agree it does cause problems, but i hope you can see every other scenario will cause just as much and in some cases more problems than there is currently.

Phase.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:40 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
isnt that what i said wild boy ?
if someone like quick shot is 88-32 in front why the hell should he get knocked out.
why knock both out , i cant understand why myself ,its just leaving someone with a buy for the next round.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
true phase m8 but if you start of with a 20 break then play safe to win the game ,isnt that better than winning by 50 and both going out ?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Time Wasters...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.