are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Freaky shots...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:11 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok, this is quite hard to explain so bear with me on this.

I was plaing an opponent, and something odd happened when a ball was hit. He tapped the cue ball with very low power on the shot (no spin), then as soon as it tapped the coloured ball, they both shot forward as if being blasted at full front spin power.

This happened quite a few times, and im sure its nothing to do with my screen as both me and the opponent notice it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced it. It comes by rarely and doen't have much effect on the game, just a little odd. I know some people who iv played who have seen it too.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Mon 29 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Wieredest thing for me is when a ball goes towards the corner pockets, and looks like it's going to hit the cushion, but goes in, likes theres a magnet pulling it towards the pocket... Which is surely impossible.... Right?!
nick
nick
Admin
03:51 Tue 30 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
farren, what you're seeing is the affect of spin. Try using maximum top spin and roll slowly to a ball that is close to the cue ball. The top spin is so great it actually hits the object ball twice!

This differs to funkypool. On there the spin power is proportional to the shot power. On here you can get huge amounts of spin on very low powered shots. This snooker players preferred it when I asked, and I believe it to still be the case (?).

xmavadox, try knocking the white ball aiming at the cushions near the pockets. The bounce is correct but the pockets are very accepting (even if you aim at the edge of the pocket the ball still can go in). The pockets are taken from a photo of a real table, so it should be quite realistic.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:18 Tue 30 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick, Farren said there was no spin on the shot...
Ive experienced this too Farren.
Another wierd thing is during a break, the white ball after breaking the pack up, was rolling to a stop, it then appeared to pick up pace again and hit another ball with full power like ferocity, again not much effect, but its wierd.

With Farrens query, maybe the spin he put on didnt register on the white ball to the side...like he went to put it on, but it didnt appear to work, he assumed he hadn't applied and instead of clicking again decided against it, but it had actually been applied?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:20 Tue 30 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Another wierd thing is during a break, the white ball after breaking the pack up, was rolling to a stop, it then appeared to pick up pace again and hit another ball with full power like ferocity

Yep, this is the exact same thing. It's only happened about 5 or 6 times over a large amount of time (pretty much my whole time on here). I didn't post it before because i thought it was a problem (possibly caused by lag of some sort) on my system, only until my opponent said that he saw it too.
nick
nick
Admin
08:43 Tue 30 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah. sorry, without spin, that's a known bug. Seems to happen about every 20 games or so.

This accounts for both farren and thelordofall's accounts, as both manifestations of the same bug.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:50 Tue 30 May 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I hope your happy guys finding flaws! its a great game nick, one other thing though, when i was typing this post the words started going out of the screen lol
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Freaky shots...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.