Game play changes

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

nick
nick
Admin
08:59 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
There's been 3 changes to the gameplay on funkysnooker. If this change is successful this will be used on funkypool too.

Basically to start a rack when playing a friendly or ranked game both you and your opponent must press the rack balls button. After this point you are comitted to this game, if you leave you lose the game. (This replaced the 3 shots grace period).

You also need to confirm before leaving a game that you really want to leave and hence lose points.

And the final change is it shows the number of incomplete games on your profile. Now you can see which people leave the game early (note that this could also be due to internet or PC problems).
wild_boy
wild_boy
09:31 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
great changes mate would also be good for funkypool keep up your good work mate

kind regards paul
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:08 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Nice adjustments/additions there nick.

I like the profile changes too. *nod*

Edited at 16:08 Sun 11/06/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:24 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Im impresssed!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:25 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
me 2
nick
nick
Admin
13:59 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
There is a bug currently, even players who watch a game are "locked in". If this happens to you just wait till the game finishes, or close and open the game window.

This will be fixed tomorrow.
riseagainst
riseagainst
14:16 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If i am playing somebody, and they leave during the game does it become an incomplete game or is it still a win for me?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:32 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
great nick, this will b succesful, no doubt about it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:33 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
and when the watchers r locked in, what happens, does the game finish or does the spectator lose points (odd as it may sound)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:44 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Got a few users asking about players' turn to break off.

Am i right in saying it's the second player who racks who gets to break off?
nick
nick
Admin
15:18 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah, good questions.

Incomplete games are only recorded against the player who leaves. Maybe it needs to be renamed to clarify this (maybe games left early). A high number here is a bad, as the user leaves game early (possibly stopping breaks), possibly a bad sportsman (leaves game before end) or has a poor machine or network connection!

Break goes to the first player in the room for normal games, and to first drawn player in tournament games. (Same as before.)

Regarding the bug that players watching are locked in:
You're not playing the game, so can't lose any points. The only thing incorrect is being locked in.

Edited at 20:22 Sun 11/06/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:03 Sun 11 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
great changes nick ....only really been playin this properly a week or so...cos i was on pool but i love it, even got 2 adept ....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Mon 12 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Great changes.

However,last night against several players the breaks did not alternate between the players and players had to break several games in a row.
nick
nick
Admin
06:16 Mon 12 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
OK, the bug while watching a game is resolved.

"Incomplete Games" is renamed to "Games Abandoned" to clarify that stat.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:36 Tue 13 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
can you sort the orange advert nick please,

i carnt play on funkysnooker whilst its there :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:35 Tue 13 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Have you tried lowering the quality of the image? If you right click it, theres a option which says Quality *obv* and then you can switch it to low, and stop it from looping. Should be a little tick next to it at first, click it to get rid of the tick.

Tried it a couple of times, and it's alright for a couple of minutes, but then i think the ad gets refreshed because it starts up again.

Might have to do it two/three times a game though, but it doesnt lagg as much to when the ad's running fully.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Game play changes

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.