internet window closing during gameplay

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:44 Fri 16 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Hello,

been playing this game for for about half a year now and have played it across three or four computers, but on the last two computers (both laptops) I have had a problem (which has occured many times, including just now) where the internet window in which you actually play the game disappears, and all other internet windows disappear with it when this happens.

I don't know why this happens and it only happens when I'm on this site playing the game, but it's incredibly frustrating and times when it has happened I have:

- (twice) been in the semi-final of a tournament, either winning or still very much in the game
- been on a break of 38 only for the window to 'evaporate'
- been downloading something else which took half an hour (I'm on narrowband you see) - I was 98% through and then the snooker window and all other internet windows (including download window) disappeared.

Continued...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:45 Fri 16 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be possible for the moderators to look into it please? I've really enjoyed this game and it has killed many hours of boredom but I hate the frustration that this problem brings and would rather it didn't happen any more.

(sorry that was across two posts, there's a 1000-character limit unfortunately)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Fri 16 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Do all windows stop responding?

I have had a problem when if one window fails to respond, a pop-up appears telling you to end the program. Sometimes it closes all open windows if you select 'end now'. If this isn't the case then it could be spyware. Or may even just be because you were downloading something.

I don't know why this happens and it only happens when I'm on this site playing the game

Either this could be because the server was busy and you were downloading something or had too many windows open at the time (although im not sure how this explains all the windows closing)

If it's something to do with the server then you may have to ask nick.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:59 Fri 16 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Try defragmenting your PC. Should compress the files and make the running of your computer better.
nick
nick
Admin
06:38 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If the window is crashing it sounds like a Java Virtual Machine crash. So... might be worth updating your Java version, or moving back to a previous version that works for you.

To find out your Java version you can visit here:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help.do?section=playing_problems
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
When the window(s) disappear it does it suddenly and with no warning, so it's not a case of the computer running slow and the programme not responding.

As for too many windows open, I've had it happen when the only internet window was the snooker game so I doubt it is that.

Think it's likely to do with the programme being Java so I might look at that and get an updated version. Thanks for the replies and I'll see if change occurs for the better hopefully.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

internet window closing during gameplay

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.