are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Tourney Time Wasters!!!!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:08 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Is 20 seconds a shot really necessary for tournaments? 10 seconds is more than reasonable and would help stop those idiotic fools who have nothing better to do then run down the clock and play for a double DQ!!! Any one agrees, post your support, thankyou.
nick
nick
Admin
09:22 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
How about the game auto ends when a certain amount of snookers are needed? eg more than 3 snookers, and you win.

And would this also be good in normal games?
riseagainst
riseagainst
09:47 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
10 seconds? you must be joking! I think at the end of the 20 minutes if you are winning by more than 21 points for example then it ends. Nicks idea is okay, but its a bit unfair for someone who gets a bad start and is clearly capable of pulling back 3 snookers.
nick
nick
Admin
10:36 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
riseagainst, your idea is good but it would be very difficult to implement.

I do think if a lot of games are not completed normally then the time limit may need upping.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:54 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
3 snookers in any sort of game sounds good to me.Will save all the time wasting when you are fifty points ahead and only the a few colours to go.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
What about the other player who decides to concede for them? Possibly in the final mins but only for tournament games. a bit unreliable though.

I like Nick's idea quite alot, although i think only needs to be added for tournament games in my opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:52 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Brilliant idea for 3 snookers limit, will we be seeing this introduced any time soon??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:29 Sat 17 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Im not so sure though, cos you could be on the final colours and have need 3, and sometimes it could be relativly easy to snooker 3 times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:38 Sun 18 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
no, 3 snookers is not enough, if there are say 4 balls in a row and you know for a fact you can get a few snookers in a row this would be unfair, once the new game feature of being able to replace the balls gets put in place, then maybe a limit if snookers should be put in place.
fastboysam
fastboysam
Admin
19:08 Sun 18 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
One that i think should be implemented is when there is only the black left and your opponent needs snookers. At the mo he can carry on regardless. The player who is winning should be able to 'take' the game rather than continuing and possibly fouling on black enabling the other player to win.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:59 Sun 18 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If 3 snookers is not enough how about 4 or even 5?
nick
nick
Admin
04:30 Mon 19 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
One that i think should be implemented is when there is only the black left and your opponent needs snookers. At the mo he can carry on regardless. The player who is winning should be able to 'take' the game rather than continuing and possibly fouling on black enabling the other player to win.

I think that's a custom carried out by players rather than an official rule. If there was realistic chance you can foul with only the black ball on the table people would play on.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:40 Mon 19 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
So Nick, bottom line... what do you think can / will be done to help solve this problem?? Personally I think reduce the time to 15 seconds a shot... (it all helps), increase the tournament time limit by a couple of minutes per round (esp the original snooker!!)... and introduce a 5 (4 point) snookers limit when there are no reds left on the table.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:09 Mon 19 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Three excellent suggestions from funky al.If it's possible to second the suggestions i do it.Cannot see how you could argue against them as it would make for a more friendly atmosphere as time runs out and also for a more flowing game in general.Its hard to feel kindness towards someone who is 70 points down and pushes the blue around the table for ten minutes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Mon 19 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
" I think that's a custom carried out by players rather than an official rule. If there was realistic chance you can foul with only the black ball on the table people would play on."

correct
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:36 Wed 21 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd be very much against a time reduction. I like to take time on shots and sometimes my mouse plays up as well so a 10 second limit I think would be extremely unreasonable. It's too much pressure to take the shot quickly and may end up with the better player losing when he/she is not as good responding to pressure.

If anything, I think a 30 second limit would be better but I guess 20 seconds is fine as it is.

Edited at 22:37 Wed 21/06/06 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:56 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I have seen the same time argument on the pool site,splitting those with raw talent and those who measure the angles.Its the same in the real world with those who pot quickly and those who walk around the table for ten minutes sizing up every possible shot.In normal games you can choose not to play but in tournaments you are stuck with those who run down the clock each shot.How about split the difference and go for 15 seconds.

Edited at 05:58 Thu 22/06/06 (BST)
riseagainst
riseagainst
12:39 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
or how about it just stays at 20 seconds?! and the time limit goes up to 25 minutes per frame?

I dont see whats wrong with it as it is. I also like to line up shots and think 30 seconds is more reasonable, but i guess there is nothing wrong with 20, i just occasionally give away a random time limit 4 points!

As for the snookers, once i was 14 points behind with only the black left, the opponent fouled and i potted black twice, so i dont think the game should end with the black left.

Either way, i think what Nick does will be in the best interest of us all, and will be a thoroughly thought through, rational discision.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Thu 22 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
3 snookers is enough m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:06 Fri 23 Jun 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there normally a mod present for the tournament?Maybe that would be a good idea and they can boot off someone who is wasting time and is down 50 points with 3 balls left.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tourney Time Wasters!!!!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.