Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:03 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi again, back for another try...I am on I.E. 11
Going to try Java8 v 31 now, fingers crossed.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
16:12 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If I were you I'd download a different browser altogether, I use Firefox but others have suggested Opera & Torch, in my experience the majority of people only ever use IE to download a different browser .. Java isn't compatible with Chrome, but people on Firefox, Opera, Torch have experienced very few problems. Give it a try.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:30 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
OK, Java 8v31 didn't work either.
As for another browser why? All ways had I.E. Just because I am now running with a newer PC (game pc) with Win7, I.E. 11 I thought this site would work even better than before, just my luck it didn't.

Had the latest version of Java to begin with,8v45 then went to 7v25, 7v79,8v31 last three suggested by others.
In I.E. security, custom level, Allow active X filtering disabled, also in scripts Active scripting enabled. Within java I have exceptions for site enabled.

As my PC is a gaming PC I do not want multiply programs, so will stick with I.E. as always have.

People should be able to just click and play, not change this and that. It doesn't make the site user friendly.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
17:07 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't think it's about the site not being user friendly. If you look at much larger gaming sites such as Pogo or Yahoo etc, when there is a change in an important application there are always going to be problems with updates both for users and the site itself. It isn't funky that's incompatible, it's certain web browsers that are having incompatibility problems with Java and certain sites due to the most recent update. Most people didn't have any problems with it, but a few did and the majority of those are back up and running now.

So if you aren't prepared to use a different browser or make any changes whatsoever in order to be able to get on to funky because you don't feel you should have to, then the only answer left would be to give it some time for easier solutions to the issues to be discovered and then try again at a later date.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:12 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Cant believe that a new player (not me) would come on site and be unable to play because they have to uninstall this and that, change this setting and that. You should be able to play straight away.

Very annoyed now, to the point that I will no longer be apart of this sham, which is a shame. This site was the best for snooker, and now I will have to give it up. Its utterly ridiculous to think that you can improve your system to play the likes of GTA5 on full spec and cant play a simple java game.
The game should be re-written to the latest code so it will work on I.E with the latest Java, not to be told you have to change browsers, and downgrade your Java, how stupid.

Time for me now to move on from this outdated site. I feel sorry for all new people looking at playing in the future, and the problems they will have. That's not the way you do things, force people to change this and that so they can play......maybe.

Im sorry for my rant but was willing to subscribe but no way now, sorry.

Thanks for all input from all

Steve
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:19 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
All systems (most) come with Windows 7 8 now if you buy from shop, correct, and they will all have I.E 11. installed, correct, so why should a user have to then install a different browser to play on here.

If that is the case perhaps there should be a note in the "Help" section saying this..."If you have latest I.E. you cant play, if you have the latest java, you cant play".

Why buy a new car, to be told you have to put on old tyres , and change your engine to pass an MOT !!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Vixen...I have made changes I you look back, changed Java FOUR times, and adjusted settings an various places, so you saying im not prepared to change things are rubbish.
Just because I am not running a different browser it does not mean I am unwilling to try and sort things out.

I bet there are lots of people on here running I.E. as their browser

Edited at 14:26 Mon 04/05/15 (BST)
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
17:26 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, you evidently feel very strongly about it, a lot of people don't see it as that much of a big deal, they just do what they need to do and that's that. I don't think I know anybody that would choose IE as their browser when there are so many others out there that are pretty much poblem free and a hell of a lot quicker and easier. Especially not when they use their computers solely for internet gaming.
But that is a persons own prerogative.

Nobody who offers any help or advice on these threads has the means, permission or accessability to change any kind of coding with regards to incompatible browsers or applications. You posted your problem and you received the answers that are working for people, if you choose not to make any changes then there's really nothing else anybody can do or say. I hope you come back in the future and are able to play since you have stated that you enjoyed the site.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:33 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Vixen .....this is the only site I play online, all the others are stand alone games that do not use a browser with lol.

I don't have FB, or any other silly social site, play on any other gaming sites like POGO or YAHOO like u suggested you do, or any other gaming site.

Why would I bother, but then again I am a bloke. When you get to my age you will understand.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
17:33 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Vixen...I have made changes I you look back, changed Java FOUR times, and adjusted settings an various places, so you saying im not prepared to change things are rubbish.
Just because I am not running a different browser it does not mean I am unwilling to try and sort things out.

I bet there are lots of people on here running I.E. as their browser

Edited at 14:26 Mon 04/05/15 (BST)

Dgen advised you to downgrade to an older version of Java because for some people on certain browsers (such as chrome) that has been solving their issue. If that didn't work some people were changing browsers which usually ended the problem for them.
And it isn't the site. Chrome is no longer becoming compatible with java in any capacity, nothing to do with a sites own coding. So if (with this latest update) there are teething problems with other browsers and sites, that need to be worked out over time then that's just the way it is! There are solutions in the mean time such as the java downgrade..Or the use of a different browser that may work for people.. That's about all that can be said at this point.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
17:38 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Vixen .....this is the only site I play online, all the others are stand alone games that do not use a browser with lol.

I don't have FB, or any other silly social site, play on any other gaming sites like POGO or YAHOO like u suggested you do, or any other gaming site.

Why would I bother, but then again I am a bloke. When you get to my age you will understand.

I didn't suggest I used any other gaming site or social networking site games, I used two examples of gaming sites that are on a much larger scale than funkysnooker to reiterate the point that sites using applications such as java will always have issues with updates whether they be lesser known sites or larger ones. And I'm 36, so in 8 years when I get to your age, I do hope people won't see such trivial things as an issue worthy of a heart attack.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Your funny Vixen, heart attack is it for me then...don't think its come to that lol.

My issue is not with you but with the greater world of technology
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Mon 4 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
STEVE SIGNING OUT, SEE YOU ALL ON THE OTHER SIDE.
colin777
colin777
18:43 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I am also having this problem, i have tried comodo, and also gone to firefox, tried torch and avg said it had malicious whatever on it. Java updates, and there must be reasons for this ie keep you safe on the internet,by the time you get to play the person there gone and thinks you dont want to play so leaves, really annoying. when someone finds a solution can they please post it here, as i am tired of trying different stuff just to get the same result cheers.
masterful
masterful
22:16 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ive tried everything , all browsers and having same issue
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:30 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
all i can suggest is downloading an older java version and on another page like this (for those who want to stay at chrome) theres something about #flag and napii
masterful
masterful
22:38 Wed 6 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorted thanks James
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:13 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
exactly the same problem mate

Hi. I have a new PC now (lucky me) about a week ago, but cant seem to get to play now.
I have windows 7 running IE11, with Java Version8 (update 45).

I have gone into internet settings, security and disabled "Allow active X Filtering" and also gone in to java and made exceptions in security "http://www.funkysnooker.com" and also "http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewGameNormal.do?loggedIn=true" (the game window).

The game window opens but have black screen for at least a minute, and when I try and start game, again the table is there but my name or opponents doesn't appear for some time which means when it does the other player has gone. It seems its slow to load but when I check out if java is enabled it says yes, so cant work it out........help.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:09 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
follow degeneratio's advice - worked for me. check out andre's thread...
summertime
summertime
20:53 Sat 9 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i have this problem...about 1 minute to load ..then 1 minute in limbo waiting to the play game sign...if you get past that without the other player moving on it works fine but when they stop playing it does it again ...so annoying
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Game loads but takes too long to start game

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.