-------------Alex - Luiz - Terry-------
Bosingwa -----------------------Cole
-------------------Ramieres-----------
--------------------------------------------
-------------Lampard --- Essien-----
---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------Mata------
-----------------Torres-------------------

If we played 3 centre backs, I feel that we could even remove Ramieres and have Essien scan that position, then allowing Drogba and Nando up front or Anelka/Sturridge to play beside Mata to feed either Drogba or Nando.

I must be honest and say, if we didnt buy Fernando Torres, I think we would be doing loads better.

Not that he is useless even tho he has been pretty poor, but its just caused confusing in a club with new staff.

Strange though how we have never recovered from Sunderland beating us 3-0. Prior to that game we had won 15 and drawn 3 or something... since then we have lost 9 games in 27. Losing 1 every 3 matches.

We are still yet to recover, bizzare.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:53 Tue 22 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
City look to be out of the CL, napoli were brilliant tonight. Devestating on the counter with Levezzi, hamsik and Cavani.

United drew 2-2 with Benfica, but thanks to their easy group they only need to draw against Basle to go through.
m_wood
m_wood
01:36 Thu 24 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would anybody of guessed by the end of Match Day 5, that Arsenal would be the only English team qualified?

Chelsea need to sort out that defence. Terry and Luiz, you could plant a new Rainforest between them, shocking teamwork. They really need to tighten that up, feeding a ball to Raul or Ramieries BETWEEN them, they lose it, opposition through on goal, stupid defending. What was Peter Cech doing for the 2nd goal? He bottled out of saving it

So if results do not go British teams way on Match Day 6... Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea could all see themselves in the Europa League... that would be quality.. especially when a team from Cyprus qualified for the last 16 lol... just dont tell Sir Alex that Man Utd are struggelling... he will storm out!
cue_power
cue_power
02:09 Thu 24 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
Chelsea need to sort out that defence. Terry and Luiz, you could plant a new Rainforest between them, shocking teamwork.

I dont see how you can say they were poor. They kept a clean sheet between them.

Luiz came off for Alex and we let 2 goals in...

I no I sound bias and part of me is but the bigger picture is, we are being unfairly treated. In a Chelsea forum, 12 100% penalties have been posted up, they are just everyday penalties, that we havent been awarded. Yellow cards, red cards, offside goals, wrongly disallowed goals...

I no this happens to every team, but being a negative person in general, I notice the negative more and I really havent seen any Chelsea luck. We havent recieved any goal that was dodgey, a dodgey pen... got away with fouling in the box... nothing.

Every decision has gone against us and not one single thing for us. I have never witnessed such a thing ever.

Bender slides in on Drogba, Ref has the perfect view, he slides and just takes out Drogba. Its the most blatent penalty ever and the ref waved it away.

At this point we were 1-0 up, would of most probably scored it and thats game over and last 16 here we come.

But instead of being in the knock-outs we have a pre knock out match with Valencia, where we basically need to win because its at the Bridge.

Nothing is going our way...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:44 Thu 24 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Drogger did himself no favours in the way he went down. He never does.

Again, think Leverkusen deserved a draw but nicked it in the last minute.

Christ knows why they play Kiessling. He's crap every time I see him, slow, weak and indecisive. Derdiyok was a threat from the minute he was on the pitch, and Schurrle is far better as well! He's going to be a great player for Germany.

I think Chelsea are going to struggle to beat Valencia, but a 0-0 draw sees you through because of UEFA's dodgy countback rule rather than goal difference.

City are as good as out, and United are as good as through.

Think bar City, the English teams will be OK, but probably finish in 2nd place, though no dount United will finish 2nd and Apoel Nicosia will finish top and they will draw them!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:56 Thu 24 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Probably offtopic but couldnt find an other topic for posting it.
Last weekend in the pub we had an discussion about Valentine's day...when i think of that day....Tottenham pops up in my mind.
Nice video:

With Sol Cambell in the middle but missing Trevor T.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
cue_power
cue_power
13:28 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
They have offered for Ronaldo again?

It won't be allowed to happen due to it breaking the law. I don't no what law and rule it is, but last time the bid failed because of it.

I can't see why that law/rule can be overturned now.

Would be funny in a sense. £160m for Ronaldo to play maybe, 30 competitive games... yet it was only £80 for him to play 200 odd already .

I dont think it can happen as it would open a door the size of a blackhole for other things to occur.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:59 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can't make out if you are joking Derry

My flat mate read this yesterday and believed it :\ I just pointed him towards the date at the top
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Gotcha Derry
cue_power
cue_power
21:01 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I find myself quite entertaining!

Is that sad?

Seriously though, £160m for him? I just bought him for 600,000 inform... (On Fifa)
cue_power
cue_power
16:38 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I said to Mich last night...

Stoke, Gillingham and Hearts. £30 treble pays out £180..

Just went to put the bet on and was told Stoke had kicked off...

Not being harsh but Stoke v Blackburn is the early kick off? Its the second most unattractive game in the premiership behind Sunderland v Wigan!!

So now Stoke are 3-1 up... Gillingham and Hearts will probably win... and the team I choose to replace Stoke will probably draw.
cue_power
cue_power
16:41 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now I have replaced Stoke with Southampton.

Southampton
Brighton
Gillingham
Leeds
MK Dons
Hearts
Southend
Sheff Utd
QPR (3/1)

Are the teams I have dabbled with today. Hearts/Gillingham are my bankers, so they must win!
cue_power
cue_power
16:47 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not entirely in agreement with Chelseas line up to play wolves...

Cech (Of course)
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole (Good)
Romeu (hmm)
Ramieres - Miereles (Hmm)
Mata - Drogba - Sturrdige (Good)

No Lampard, Torres, Malouda or Mikel.

Weird.
mich
mich
17:22 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I told you to do Chelsea 4-0 and take a chance on west brom both looking good last I checked! Also said united newc will be a draw
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:00 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I like the look of Romeu, did he have a good game?

Time Krul has just cost me a fair few quid! Cracking keeper him though!

Dodgey decision for the penalty to Newcastle!
cue_power
cue_power
19:04 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Decent enough performance from Chelsea today.

Was never in doubt after 10 minutes of the game that we were going to dominate. We were stubborn and resilient and pretty much decided before the game started it was going to be an easy comfortable win. Romeu was great, broke all their attacks down. Miereles was great at moving the ball and upping the tempo. Sturridge was adventurerous as always and Cole just ran his socks off as well as Ramieres!

Could of scored 5+ easily but second half we had got bored really. I blame Wolves for not creating anything, meaning there was no real attacking intent from Chelsea... that is until Torres came on in the 75th minute.

It was as if he heard the commentator say "Approaching December and Torres has more goals for Liverpool than he does Chelsea this calandar year" He played 5/6 games for Liverpool in January... he has had effectively nearly a season at Chelsea so that stat is very much embarrasssing for him.

Fans were cheering for Torres to come up, AVB duely oblidged. He came on and all he wanted to do was shoot and take on players.
cue_power
cue_power
19:06 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
MOTD - Watch out for a freekick that Wolves have near their box. Torres makes a foul, the defender gets up and passes the ball back to his keeper, Torres runs on to the ball but the ref calls it back for moving ball. It wasnt a moving ball... So torres was pretty unlucky there. Also Drogba let me down today. His freekick and 2 shots were poor, very lack luster. Seems as though he has no fight, no grit, no passion. Usually he would relish a match after a layoff from the side but in the past 3 games he hasnt been alert, dangerous or appear to be trying his best.

The Drogba I use to know would take his chance by smashing through 5 players, just shrugging off their challanges and kick the ball so hard at the keeper that the ball as well as the keeper would go into the net. Very worrying.
mich
mich
19:29 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well my predictions I made last night to my pal were...

Stoke 2-1 B'burn
Bolton 0-1 Everton
Chelsea 4-0 Wolves
Man Utd 1-1 Newcastle
Norwich 2-2 QPR
Sunderland 2-1 Wigan
West Brom 1-2 Spurs (Although I thought this morning when I woke up West Brom could snatch it or maybe get a draw)
Arsenal 3-1 Fulham

Most pretty close there also predicted Liverpool 1-1 City (Leaning towards a 1 goal win either side though, if it's a win I will go Liverpool)
m_wood
m_wood
20:10 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well done Wigan. First Premier League win since end of August, pretty much 3 months!Good for Roberto, hes a nice bloke, so after that horrendous losing streak of something like 10 games, a win today against the Black Cats and a robbed 3-3 last week when Pederson Dribbled a Corner to himself. Could of been 2 wins, but 4 points from 6 is a good return for them after their run!

Penalty. At Old Trafford. That wasnt a penalty. Aginst the Red Devils.
WTF KODAK MOMENT!!!!!

Cardiff 1-0 Forest
Battelling performance by the Mighty reds frustrating the Bluebirds, Forest counter attacking with Pace but unable to find a breakthrough! Wasnt expecting anything from today, Cardiff are a good team, sadly they didnt bring Rob Earnshaw on, who would of got a standing ovation from all supporters.
Pages: 19697
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football Results and reactions (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.